Recent content by bucksman

1. B

2024 Olympic Team Trials

both finalists and a true third (i.e. the winner of a contested match between what would normally be the bronze medalists in a UWW event) will qualify for the Olympics from the "last chance qualifier".
  2. B

2024 Olympic Team Trials

57 and 65 are not qualified in MFS, and it's going to be hard to qualify them at the remaining opportunity. Crazy thing is both those weights have "Americans" qualified, but representing another country. 65 also did not qualify for the Olympics in the 2020"1" cycle if I am not mistaken.
  3. B

Ask The Ump?

and of course from an officiating standpoint, avoid at all costs threatening any action ... since failure to act on said action evaporates credibility.
  4. B

New Numbers in 2024-2025

the chances of a TOC are slim and none. There are three states of consequence that are single class (CA, NJ, and IN). The other states of consequence have multiple classes. KY and HI are the only other states I can think of with wrestling that are single class. Outside of the New England...
  5. B

NHSCA this weekend !!

9 freshmen will place FINALISTS: Bauer (Ashland) 106, Shawger (St. Xavier) 132, Z. Aquila (Brecksville) 152, and Moore (Dayton CJ) 285 3RD/4TH: Neal (Allen East) 145 3RD-6TH: C. Horak (M. Perry) 170 5TH/6TH: Gorski (St. Edward) 120, Hmel (St. Edward) 138 7TH/8TH: Pieffer (St. Edward) 160 Two...
  6. B

NHSCA this weekend !!

Not only did Sanderfer and Goldberg not win, they also failed to AA, finishing two matches short.
  7. B

Boro Class Rankings

he lacks national productivity. those above him probably have some combination of more national productivity and/or overall higher quality wins. His biggest things from a production perspective are placing 8th at Ironman and winning the two state titles, where his biggest win (when we're doing...
  8. B

NHSCA this weekend !!

The following Ohio wrestlers are three wins from a top eight place finish, which means that they lost in the round of 16. Other wrestlers lost earlier in the tournament, and no one was eliminated on Friday as the NHSCA wants people's dollars on Saturday ... while it's more the VA Beach CVB that...
  9. B

NHSCA this weekend !!

The following Ohio wrestlers are in the quarterfinals on Saturday (need one more win to place top eight) -- FROSH 106 - Bauer (Ashland) vs. Lemovitz RI 120 - Gorski (St. Edward) vs. Myers WV 132 - Shawger (St. Xavier) vs. Waite (Maysville) 138 - Hmel (St. Edward) vs. Baer NY 152 - Z. Aquila...
  10. B

NHSCA this weekend !!

FR 106: Mason Bauer (Ashland) 4th, Derion Williams (Trinity) 12th ... in terms of Bauer, given what he did in terms of wins & competitive losses, he should be in the hunt to win - unless there's someone truly national in the field FR 132: Kane Shawger (St. Xavier) 3rd, Owen Dennis (Harrison) 9th...
  11. B

NHSCA this weekend !!

SO 106: Braedyn Tammerine (Liberty Center) 8th ... top seed is Davidheiser from FCA, was 113 in December but missed back part of season due to injury (Bachmann pushed him to 113 in-season) SO 120: Tyler Barnes (Delta) 16th ... among the top seeds, I've seen Mills ranked at some points, Jakob...
  12. B

NHSCA this weekend !!

NHSCA is using the "old" weights Per the seeds from MatScouts SR 120: Logan Dean (Bethel-Tate) 10th SR 152: Tristin Greene (Keystone) 6th JR 113: Neal Krysty (Bishop Watterson) 9th ... Goodin from Edmond North (OK) is the one name in the weight most would be familiar with JR 126: Phoenix...
  13. B

Boro Class Rankings

there's differences in the holdback ecosystem these days. There's the kids that are twice eligible to compete at 16U before high school, and those are 100% "holdback", as they would also be on the older end of the grade above them when looking at normal students. Then among those that are...
  14. B

New Numbers in 2024-2025

Cramer cited what the root cause for that difference is. If you're working off the entry grid and not the entrants, scratches can take a roster down from 8 or 7 (OHSAA defined team) to 6 or less. Either that, or I just outright miscounted the entrants for a team from the grid or brackets last...
  15. B

New Numbers in 2024-2025

Additional key items (THIS IS BASED ON MY MODELING): D2 to D1 - Vandalia Butler, New Philadelphia, Louisville, Hamilton Twp, Bellbrook (close), Bedford (close), Harvey (close), Revere (close) D1 to D2 - LaSalle (close), Maple Hts (close), Chardon (close-ish), Hamilton Ross D3 to D2 - Kettering...