Recent content by bluepride1990

1. B

Walsh Ironman adds girls division

So teams like #2 Toppenish and #3 Liberty that were at FIGHT.
  2. B

I think it is highly unlikely that Wyoming Sem bring their girls as the girls team concentrates on freestyle and does opens and international events and not wrestling a standard HS folkstyle schedule. Though it does look like they competed in the National Prep Championship which was folkstyle.
  3. B

2024 predictions: team and individual

Harrison is the team to beat not losing much and some girls coming up. Olentangy Orange and Marysville both lose decent number to graduation both have depth in underclassman with Orange having maybe a little more strength coming up in JH.
  4. B

Your are assuming the girls division of Ironman draws more than FIGHT. I have my doubts but we will see. It is great that Ironman is adding girls but I think it is better for the growth of girls wrestling to have top tier stand alone events vs piggy backing on the boys. (I know I sound like a...
  5. B

You were going to get the comparison with FiGHT because it was clearly the toughest girls tournament in Ohio last year with top tier out of state teams. And it was a first year event.
  6. B

Was Findlay able to draw some of those top out of state teams by using the NHSA two day weigh in procedure vs using OHSAA weight out? Is so does that impact girl teams that will come to Girl’s Ironman vs FIGHT? Or just different teams. Based on longer history of girls wrestling in some states...
  7. B

Returning top 16 (state placers, qualifiers):

Marysille (not qualifiers) 110 Lauren Mobley, 9 130 Paige Mobley, 10 135 Cara Leng, 9 Aubrey Reese graduates and is also signed at Gannon though I think she is not going. other note Isabel (belle) Carrington is in Georgia where she placed 5th the past season..
  8. B

How does this effect us?

Issue will be transportation to get students to practice or to the school to leave for event. Otherwise similar to remote learning days or a scheduled day off.
  9. B

What has happened to the State Tournament

Women’s wrestling in college is an outgrowth of developing for international competition. Since international competition is the highest level why not move all wrestling to freestyle (and Greco).
  10. B

My understanding is all states do folkstyle for girls because of the infrastructure with coaches and referees. I know prior to sanctioning that the Iowa group running a girls tournament was using a modified version the freestyle out of bounds (on feet) and all restarts to neutral (no escape...
  11. B

The girls do folkstyle in high school because that is the infrastructure that is in place with not enough coaches and referees with freestyle experience. better question is since Olympic and world wrestling is freestyle (and Greco) why is high school and men’s college wrestling folkstyle.
  12. B

Kevin Cleveland Memorial (Dublin Scioto)

I agree great one day tournament, and Cruiser reading the “poem” before the finals is special
  13. B

New Ohio HS Girls Rankings

Because this Board is Boys HIGH SCHOOL Wrestling. Not men’s college or boys youth.
  14. B

New Ohio HS Girls Rankings

Do you complain about all the college and youth wrestling discussion.
  15. B

IUDOGS: 2022 Division I Top Twenty Five

Name wise no body other maybe the youngest Powers but he is not Gabe. While lost several key positions and Gabe, also return several key starters on offense including QB and 3/5 of O-line. For me D-line is a question mark with the lose of a lot of seniors. Colton Powers will hold down the...