Recent content by BlackHawk

1. B

Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Class of 2024 Nominees

I saw Nugent a few times back in the seventies, too. "Stranglehold" is my favorite Nugent rocker! Crank it up!
  2. B

They put on a great live show, too. I saw them, circa 1977-78, at Hara Arena in Dayton. Festival seating. I remember the crowd crush before they opened and then we ran like heck to get seats about 20 rows back in folding chairs set up on the floor. The crowd surge was so strong, you couldn't...
  3. B

I don't think Jethro Tull is in either, but Carly Simon is. Go figure.
  4. B

Democrat Cities' Violent news (#4?)

How soon before we hear: "That's racist!"
  5. B

Great News for a Mars Colony!

Let's see if I get this right. The black hole is 33 times more massive than the sun and therefore has much more gravitational pull, but is 590 parsecs away. The sun is 93 million miles from Earth. One parsec equals 3.26 light years or 19.2 trillion miles, so 590 parsecs equal 11,328 trillion...
  6. B

Memes, funny picture thread (for politics) (part 2)

Looks legit.
  7. B

2024 Dead Celebrities

Full disclosure on my previous post: my paternal grandfather's name was Roman and my middle name is Roman, in my grandfather's honor. So, of course, I thought Roman Gabriel was a cool name, too, and there never was much doubt that my Catholic confirmation name would be Gabriel (as long as the...
  8. B

2024 Dead Celebrities

Roman Gabriel, age 83, quarterback for the LA Rams (1962-72) and Philadelphia Eagles (1973-77) passes away. I was a big fan of his when I was in Catholic grade school. So much, that I took the name "Gabriel" as my Catholic confirmation name in the 8th grade. RIP Roman Gabriel
  9. B

Memes, funny picture thread (for politics) (part 2)

Dave's not here.
  10. B

The Last Boy Scout...Gambling in sports.....

Yep, it turns out that my childhood hero is a scummy child predator. When I found out about Pete, I switched my loyalty to a new hero: OJ Simpson.
  11. B

Israel ~ Hamas War Saga

Neville Chamberlain even got his "don't" in writing. Signed by Hitler himself. Witnessed. Notarized. With 27 eight-by-ten glossy photographs with circles and arrows and a paragraph on the back of each one. How did that work out?
  12. B

The Last Boy Scout...Gambling in sports.....

Say it ain't so, Pete! My childhood hero.
  13. B

Driving Pet Peeves

That's not cautious; it's dangerous.
  14. B

Phrases I absolutely can't stand

How about people starting sentences with "Like..." or "So..."?