Recent content by Bball216

1. B

competitive balance

The whole premise of CB was because a few rural public schools had sore butts because there squads were getting boathoused by small urban private schools. I know when my son was at VASJ in 14-15 and 16 we pounded Dalton and Northwestern - and they had some of the best teams in school history...
  2. B

Richmond Heights overpowering

Richmond Heights actually refused to play Kirtland three years ago because they only had 20 players and were afraid guys would get hurt. If they lost any players they could not play the rest of the season.
  3. B

Richmond Heights overpowering

Brian Parker went to Marist and Derek Pardon went to Northwestern.
  4. B

competitive balance

Dont forget also that Richmond Heights won with their best player on the bench.
  5. B

Best basketball programs from schools that no longer exist

Bedford St. Peter Chanel - always was tough and gritty. I'm pretty sure they also won a state title in the late 90s.
  6. B

2021/2022 Boys Head Coaching changes

Looks like Dalton is now looking for a head coach.
  7. B

Euclid District 2022

Mentor beating Brush in the District Final is about as sure of a thing as the sun coming up. Mason is like the Ted Ginn of basketball. He is loaded with talent every year - yet does not win anything.
  8. B

VASJ Vikings Basketball 2021-22 Season Official Thread

All sports suspended two weeks and school cancelled. There has been a Covid outbreak especially in the underclassmen. Basketball had a horrible Covid situation last year as well.
  9. B

I stand corrected by the way. It's a tough schedule - not a brutal one. You were correct.
  10. B

Pretty much the outcome many expected against perennial power St.Ed's. The Vikings need to play these kind of games if they want to get better and return to their past glory.
  11. B

DV: Versailles vs Kirtland Updates and Game Discussion

First off CONGRATS to the Tigers - they were the better team last night. The Tigers were able to do what other schools have not been able to do - take Kirtland out of their comfort zone and beat them at their own game. Kirtland picked a bad night to have their worst game - but much of that was...
  12. B

Division V State Championship: AP #1 Kirtland (14-0) vs. AP #8 Versailles (14-1)

First off CONGRATS to the Tigers - they were the better team last night. The Tigers were able to do what other schools have not been able to do - take Kirtland out of their comfort zone and beat them at their own game. Kirtland picked a bad night to have their worst game - but much of that was...
  13. B

Division V State Championship: AP #1 Kirtland (14-0) vs. AP #8 Versailles (14-1)

My son and I are going along with my brother and his family. I look forward to watching my freshman nephew compete for a state championship with his Hornet teammates. We will be on one of the two buses leaving the school. This will be my first time watching a game at Tom Benson Stadium. I expect...
  14. B

I think Fake has more problems then VASJ does. The school has had a huge influx of money and plans on getting new windows, a new rear entrance with atrium and AIR CONDITIONING. They are looking to get a turf field behind the school and have a new Stem Lab going in. That is after the class of 70...
  15. B

Things are back to the way they should be - Joe's over Fake Catholic. Vikings are still a work in progress but there is talent in the program. I thought all 3 teams looked good. The future is bright in Viking Village. Very tough one on Saturday - Ed's will more then likely be celebrating a...