Recent content by bball15133

1. B

CHL 23-24

Caldwell had worked at Colerain for a long time as both a teacher and an administrator but I don't see him in their directory anymore so I am not sure when that changed. Only thing I was thinking is maybe he has a daughter that will be going to Seton or something and he would like to coach her...
  2. B

2024 Cincinnati Area Open Jobs

Madeira is looking for a coach to replace Rick Rockwell. Thanks @Carl Rick for the assist. Current Openings-------------------Previous Coach CHCA -------------------------—------Scott Rooks/Ross Sferra (interim) Talawanda-----------------------------Taylor Alstatt...
  3. B

Per the OHSAA jobs portal, Roger Bacon is looking for a coach to replace Grayson Rhodes. Current Openings-------------------Previous Coach CHCA -------------------------—----Scott Rooks/Ross Sferra (interim) Talawanda-----------------------------Taylor Alstatt...
  4. B

Per the OHSAA jobs portal, Lynchburg-Clay is looking for a coach to replace Brian Callahan Current Openings-------------------Previous Coach CHCA ---------------------------------Scott Rooks/Ross Sferra (interim) Talawanda-----------------------------Taylor Alstatt...
  5. B

Per the OHSAA jobs portal, Talawanda is looking for a coach to replace Taylor Alstatt. I believe this will be something like 11 coaches in 14 years for Talawanda. Current Openings-------------------Previous Coach CHCA ---------------------------------Scott Rooks/Ross Sferra (interim)...
  6. B

Coach Rooks resigned mid season after he was informed his child was not going to get into CHCA for High School.
  7. B

You would sure think so. Talent wise, they have been pretty strong recently for their respective division which I would think makes the job fairly attractive. But you do wonder if there are other things going on behind the scenes since most of the recent coaches have had fairly short tenures.
  8. B

The first domino in the 2024 coaching carousel has started today. Per their school website Cincinnati Hills Christian Academy is looking to hire a new head coach. This position was vacated by Scott Rooks midseason and interim coach Ross Sferra finished out the year. Current...
  9. B

GMC 23-24

Agreed. Some will depend on if the project can qualify for any state funding. But no matter what some money will have to come from somewhere
  10. B

GMC 23-24

Not sure if anyone saw, but the Northwest board voted Monday night to combine Colerain and Northwest High schools. I’m sure it will be a lengthy process since they intend to build new buildings but it could potentially put a slightly better hoops product out for GMC play. That is assuming they...
  11. B

Is losing enough to move on from a HS coach?

This is not directed to a certain coach, just something I though of recently. There are obviously a lot more things that go into being considered a successful HS coach than just wins and losses. But I ask this question, if a coach is a good person, cares about the players, runs a clean...
  12. B

CHL 23-24

Ah gotcha. NW was up 28-14 at half. But of their 7 man rotation, 2 guys had 2 and 1 had 3. I think they only had 7 full time varsity guys so I wonder if that hampered them late. Great comeback win for Taylor tho.
  13. B

CHL 23-24

Must have been some great halftime adjustments by Coach Holland. I was at the first half of the game and Taylor looked absolutely stymied by NW length and athleticism. Quite a bit scoring turn around as well for Taylor after only having 14 at half. Did NW continue to have foul trouble in the...
  14. B

Cincinnati Area Open Jobs

Very Late Opening, per OHSAA Member Jobs page Middletown Christian is looking for a coach to replace Jeff Bailey
  15. B

Cincinnati Area Open Jobs

Late Add to the list according to CPS Applitrack. Oyler looking for a coach to replace Thomas Blair. Current Openings----------------------Previous Coach Shroder----------------------------------Mike Hill Oyler-------------------------------------Thomas Blair...