2023 St. Edward Football

While I’m inclined to agree , the 2010 had a nasty streak these guys don’t have yet. The potential for this group is higher I agree . Kalis / Orlosky were absolute maulers . Pretty sure we had 3 1000 yard rushers that year also, Bates , Burke , Terrell.

also the D-line on that 2010 team was equally as nasty up front with Gibson , kuhar , mchmanon , render and lally.
We disagree on the defense, too. Like with the offense, there's a Big Three in Kilbane, Gedeon and Regovich that was so dominant that you can give me Larry, Curley or Moe and I take 2022 decisively over the very good 2010 D-line.

Compare their respective championship games. 9 sacks and 11 TFLs versus 1 sack and 6 TFLs. 20 plays behind the los is otherworldly dominance. 2010 was great. 2022 was ridiculous.

The 2010 defense had to go against Braxton Miller. Zero comparison between his ability to move and the kid from Springfield.

Right, not exactly fair to pick a single game in which one group was facing one of the most electric running QB’s this state has seen versus a group going up against freshman and sophomore linemen that didn’t stand a chance. That being said, I do believe the edge tandem of Kilbane and Gedeon is the best pass rushing duo in school history. The 2010 group was stronger in the middle with Kuhar and McManamon.

I'm a bit tentative about this coming year. I have some O line questions, I remember watching old tapes of my Dad's O line back in 61' and those dudes were vicious? I'm hoping that pass rush can hit home like last year, gonna be a fun one to watch!

I'm a bit tentative about this coming year. I have some O line questions, I remember watching old tapes of my Dad's O line back in 61' and those dudes were vicious? I'm hoping that pass rush can hit home like last year, gonna be a fun one to watch!
I agree. That 61' O-line class was clearly the most dominant on cassette tape, and certainly the best I've seen in a while. I'm excited to tune into this year, but I say we bring in some of that 61' class to show these guys some moves!

Obviously my hat two you, with your history of the program. My question to you , barring injury why do you have O-line questions? To me that’s the strength of the team!

Obviously my hat two you, with your history of the program. My question to you , barring injury why do you have O-line questions? To me that’s the strength of the team!
I'm just hoping these young men are gonna be able to bring back some of that rough, tough, son of a gun Offensive line play! Go Eagles!

I do believe we have some question marks on the interior offensive line this year. Losing both Wolverton and Soltis, I am ecstatic to see which young guys will step up and fill in those roles. I see many clips online of the Armstrong brothers along with Roebuck working with a trainer named Dale Rodick through T3 Performance located in Avon. Looks like he does a great job with them!

I do believe we have some question marks on the interior offensive line this year. Losing both Wolverton and Soltis, I am ecstatic to see which young guys will step up and fill in those roles. I see many clips online of the Armstrong brothers along with Roebuck working with a trainer named Dale Rodick through T3 Performance located in Avon. Looks like he does a great job with them!
My buddy coached Dale back when he was little! Really good dude, seems to be able to connect with the younger generation very well!

I agree. That 61' O-line class was clearly the most dominant on cassette tape, and certainly the best I've seen in a while. I'm excited to tune into this year, but I say we bring in some of that 61' class to show these guys some moves!
An outstanding player on that 1961 O-line was John Matlock, who went on to play for the University of Miami and five years in the NFL.

2023 Schedule
8/19 N Center Grove (IN) (@ Massillon PBTS)
8/27 N Our Lady of Good Counsel (MD) (@ Canton Fawcett)
9/2 H Howard D. Woodson (DC)
9/9 A Cincinnati Elder (@ The Pit)
9/15 A Massillon Washington (@ Massillon PBTS)
9/22 H River Rouge
9/30 H St Ignatius
10/7 H Football North
10/14 H Archbishop Moeller
10/20 A Archbishop Hoban (@ Dowed Field)
How much do you boys pay to travel to St. Eds.? And is there a limitation on the number of players one can bring?

How much do you boys pay to travel to St. Eds.? And is there a limitation on the number of players one can bring?
What do you mean? Pay to travel to St Ed’s?
Not sure how many kids travel to away games on any school? I imagine they don’t cut at St Eds
So however many varsity players only travel. If I’m understanding your post

I heard all the schools that play canada north pays canada north money. Schools get a decent opponent and Canada north only plays American teams. In America so they never get a home game.
So American teams pay them to come.

I heard this may happen back in Dec. after states. I never thought it would happen. What a weapon to add.
I wish Kyan all the best, sucks to see him go though! His talents will surely be missed, St. Edward mostly to call up Caleb "Hollywood" Heckle to fill his shoes.

I wish Kyan all the best, sucks to see him go though! His talents will surely be missed, St. Edward mostly to call up Caleb "Hollywood" Heckle to fill his shoes.
Caleb is great, I definitely think we will see him play next year. He has a huge frame and very strong hands.

With this news in mind I would like to propose a question. How does this affect the 2023 Eagles' chances of three-peating?

With this news in mind I would like to propose a question. How does this affect the 2023 Eagles' chances of three-peating?
I personally feel that the Eagles will still be the favorite. If they can get the O line in check and Bullock continues to stride forward there is no reason that this team can't win it all again.

Eds is still the favorite IMO, but Mason is a huge loss.

Eds has a kid who played a few positions on the freshman team who could fill in. Kid is a player. EaglePride01 mentioned him.

I heard this may happen back in Dec. after states. I never thought it would happen. What a weapon to add.

I actually thought he was going to jet last year after Ginn’s “return to glory” campaign that saw a number of former Glenville youth players transfer to the Tarblooders en route to their title run. I don’t blame him if he wants to make a run with the guys he grew up playing with. He was fun to watch on the field and I wish him the best. Fearless player for his diminutive size.

I personally feel that the Eagles will still be the favorite. If they can get the O line in check and Bullock continues to stride forward there is no reason that this team can't win it all again.

Yes, the road to a three-peat (if it were to happen) will be paved by the offensive line and run game. No different than any years past.