If Russia invades Ukraine pt 2

If I’m not mistaken this is when Russia does its annual conscription. Unlike here there is mandatory service in Russia. I think the biggest difference is that they increased the number per year to compensate for the war.

You know it’s not like Ukraine isn’t conducting mobilization themselves. There isn’t some high ground in manpower that Ukraine stands atop. The acquisition of manpower just looks different. In Russia they hold drives like this that are more formal in nature.

In Ukraine they hand out draft notices in bars and on the street daily. Not infrequently you will get your notice and then placed in a car on the spot. Not very unusual in the east to be “drafted” and be at the front line by the end of the week.
If you chose to remain in a war zone you chose to be in the fight.

It is not tough to believe you struggle to correlate. Dingus. lol.

The Kremlin talking points were regurgitated all over the 1st thread.

First off, if you'd like to make a point, make it.

Secondly, once again, you have a keen grasp of the obvious.

Thirdly, the Russian "disinformation" on the train derailment was that it was WORSE than we were being told??? Seriously? That's frickin' hilarious, dingus.

You be you!

Not yet

Heavy for the operation definitely but as of late UKR sources seem to feel it’s more 2-1 or even 1-1 depending on the day. You seem to think it’s a surprise Wagner would need to be reconstituted?
Not surprised at all. I've told you for a while now that the Wagner Group has been taking severe casualties. This is a confirmation of that.
UKR is getting bled out themselves in and around Bahkmut. Zelensky’s idiotic decision to hold Bahkmut is costing them good troops and good ammo and equipment on a pointless fight.
Over a long period, yes. But sometimes it is necessary to take heavier losses in order to finish off the enemy.
Ukraine had been taking losses at a 1:5 ratio for most of the battle. At this point the Wagner group is no longer an effective fighting force and will need time to regroup.

Time is the key for Ukraine
Worse imo is that Ukraine has doubled down by putting veteran units like the 80th air assault into Bahkmut. They are once again back to trading trained skilled soliders for convicts. Dumb
Perhaps.

However if their sacrifice buys Ukraine another month or two then it will be worth it.

I thought the Russian collusion story was a hoax from the jump. I never understood why anyone would latch onto that except for desperation.
You’re still stupid then. It’s already been PROVEN by your own Senate Committee and testimony during the first impeachment but go ahead and continue the denial.

Not surprised at all. I've told you for a while now that the Wagner Group has been taking severe casualties. This is a confirmation of that.

Over a long period, yes. But sometimes it is necessary to take heavier losses in order to finish off the enemy.
Ukraine had been taking losses at a 1:5 ratio for most of the battle. At this point the Wagner group is no longer an effective fighting force and will need time to regroup.

Time is the key for Ukraine

Perhaps.

However if their sacrifice buys Ukraine another month or two then it will be worth it.

They could accomplish attrition with much less loss by moving back to the next line of defense. Once they secured the northern flank it was time to get out of dodge.

There is no more valuable resource than manpower in war. If Ukraines southern offensive is successful but takes heavy losses. Where’s the manpower going to come from to continue the fight?

Really that’s the untalked about risk in Ukraine’s offensives. They could succeed but at the end of the day end up like the Russians are now. Incapable of further large scale offensive action due to loss of manpower and equipment.

Last edited:
They could accomplish attrition with much less loss by moving back to the next line of defense. Once they secured the northern flank it was time to get out of dodge.
I agree and would have pulled back as well. However, according to Zelensky, his Generals felt staying and fighting was the right move. They are there and know the situation better than anyone.
There is no more valuable resource than manpower in war. If Ukraines southern offensive is successful but takes heavy losses. Where’s the manpower going to come from to continue the fight?
Which is why they need to attack in the north. Russia has far fewer defenses in that area.
Really that’s the untalked about risk in Ukraine’s offensives. They could succeed but at the end of the day end up like the Russians are now. Incapable of further large scale offensive action due to loss of manpower and equipment.
Agreed. But that's the risk they are willing and wanting to take.

We should give them the resources to be successful.

I agree and would have pulled back as well. However, according to Zelensky, his Generals felt staying and fighting was the right move. They are there and know the situation better than anyone.

Which is why they need to attack in the north. Russia has far fewer defenses in that area.

Agreed. But that's the risk they are willing and wanting to take.

We should give them the resources to be successful.

Ukraine has been beating its head against the line in Svatove for months now. Very little progress and high casualties taken for little to no gain. Makes me suspect of their ability to advance in the north. I’ve also seen sat pictures that indicate increased fortification in Luhansk.

Did you see the result of Ukraines recon assault attempt in the south this week? They lost five APC in one outing before they retreated back to base. Now granted they didn’t get the prep work an offensive gets but it’s a reminder of the cost.

Last edited:
Lets look at this what are the chances of Ukraine totally winning the war and driving Russia completely out. If that happens how much will we have invested helping with the win. Then how much will it cost us to help them rebuild the destroyed nation? Chances are much bigger we do not end up with a complete victory and Ukraine loses some of their nation. How much will it cost us to help rebuild the part left? Sadly if Russia would win the total thing we could just walk away and let Russia pay for all the repairs and rebuilding. I can see no way if Ukraine would win of making Russia pay to rebuild.

If Putin really is the evil despot many claim he is, just like Stalin he won't care how many Russians die in this war against the west.

Russia has more than triple the population of Ukraine. Ukraine will be consumed by a war of attrition.

How many millions will die, and for what?

If Putin really is the evil despot many claim he is, just like Stalin he won't care how many Russians die in this war against the west.

Russia has more than triple the population of Ukraine. Ukraine will be consumed by a war of attrition.

“If Putin is really is the evil deposot….” Are you in his Christmas Card mailing list?

For Ukraine the ‘for what’ to fight could be filled by the 16,000+ children Russia has taken from the Ukraine and places with in Russian rehabilitation centers or with Russian families.

Once/if Russia has to start recruiting from its major cities instead from primarily the poor rural areas - I guess we would see just how much fight is in the Russians.

The for what: Because of 200,000 + dead Russian & Wagner military soldiers, 2,500 + destroyed Russian tanks, hundreds of planes & helicopters destroyed, the prized Russian cruiser at the bottom of the Black Sea, 10+ dead Russian Generals…..I’d say the world & NATO are safer today than they were in February 2022.

Is it realistic to expect that we will? It seems like we're committed to a strategy of trying to slowly bleed Russia out.
That certainly seems to be the strategy.

I saw recently that Russia's currency reserves could be completely depleted by July or August. If that's accurate it will be very difficult for them to continue funding their war.

Lets look at this what are the chances of Ukraine totally winning the war and driving Russia completely out. If that happens how much will we have invested helping with the win. Then how much will it cost us to help them rebuild the destroyed nation? Chances are much bigger we do not end up with a complete victory and Ukraine loses some of their nation. How much will it cost us to help rebuild the part left? Sadly if Russia would win the total thing we could just walk away and let Russia pay for all the repairs and rebuilding. I can see no way if Ukraine would win of making Russia pay to rebuild.
The way to make them pay is already in place via the oil price cap.

The buyer pays the difference between the market price and the cap price. So for instance India wants to buy oil $40 from Russia but the current Brent price is $75 and the cap is $60. India pays $40 to Russia and $15 to a rebuild fund.

Russia historically doesn't squirm until they exceed 500,000 casualties.

They don't have the numerical advantage you think they do. Putin has already shown he isn't willing to draw from the cities for the military conscription. Most of the conscripts are from rural villages. He doesn't want a revolution at home so the major cities have been relatively unscathed br the draft.

Rural Russia has a population of about 36 million which is nearly the same as Ukraine. However, Ukraine has both men and women fighting while Russia has only men.
Russia actually has a smaller potential pool they have shown to be willing to draw from. That could change in the future but I don't think Putin wants to risk it.

“If Putin is really is the evil deposot….” Are you in his Christmas Card mailing list?

For Ukraine the ‘for what’ to fight could be filled by the 16,000+ children Russia has taken from the Ukraine and places with in Russian rehabilitation centers or with Russian families.

Once/if Russia has to start recruiting from its major cities instead from primarily the poor rural areas - I guess we would see just how much fight is in the Russians.

The for what: Because of 200,000 + dead Russian & Wagner military soldiers, 2,500 + destroyed Russian tanks, hundreds of planes & helicopters destroyed, the prized Russian cruiser at the bottom of the Black Sea, 10+ dead Russian Generals…..I’d say the world & NATO are safer today than they were in February 2022.
But you also foolishly think I'm on Putin's Christmas card list, and Putin was never a threat to us to begin with.

Russia historically doesn't squirm until they exceed 500,000 casualties.

They don't have the numerical advantage you think they do. Putin has already shown he isn't willing to draw from the cities for the military conscription. Most of the conscripts are from rural villages. He doesn't want a revolution at home so the major cities have been relatively unscathed br the draft.

Rural Russia has a population of about 36 million which is nearly the same as Ukraine. However, Ukraine has both men and women fighting while Russia has only men.
Russia actually has a smaller potential pool they have shown to be willing to draw from. That could change in the future but I don't think Putin wants to risk it.
So Putin's not the evil despot you keep telling us he is?

He's a calculating politician, and not really a threat to us?

How big of an army does Russia need for Putin to push the button? Desperate times will make for desperate measures.

So Putin's not the evil despot you keep telling us he is?

He's a calculating politician, and not really a threat to us?
That's a really stupid take away from my post.

Despots like to maintain power. Not pizzing off the population centers is generally a good way to keep that power.
Putin recognizing this fact doesn't mean he isn't a despot. Duh.

Obviously they are on drugs...

Amazing how few people realize how big a factor drug use has been over the course of history.

It was rumored the Vikings had a halucigan that could turn them "bezerk"

Every solider in WW2 was on amphetamines

Find me a war where drug use wasn't rampant

That's a really stupid take away from my post.

Despots like to maintain power. Not pizzing off the population centers is generally a good way to keep that power.
Putin recognizing this fact doesn't mean he isn't a despot. Duh.
So you figure Russians will be OK with Putin if he loses this destructive war against the West.