Convoy Crestview vs Richmond Heights Updates 3/18 (DIV Championship)

Maybe they will go to Delphos St John’s That is a school of all homegrown kids no transfers. By the way how many people actually live in Delphos because it must be big to have 2 HS.
Delphos is a city of 7,100. I believe we are the smallest city in Ohio to have a Catholic high school. Check our competitive balance numbers for 2022-23: Football 0, girls basketball 0, volleyball 0, girls soccer, 0. Boys basketball won't come up on the OHSAA site but I believe that is probably 0 also.

Delphos is a city of 7,100. I believe we are the smallest city in Ohio to have a Catholic high school. Check our competitive balance numbers for 2022-23: Football 0, girls basketball 0, volleyball 0, girls soccer, 0. Boys basketball won't come up on the OHSAA site but I believe that is probably 0 also.
That is why delphos is not winning like it used to. When they were winning kids from VW Lima and all the little towns showed up to play. Absolutely no difference than what this school is doing

Some of the recent STVM teams have been a complete mismatch in the D2 tourney, but it doesn't compare to the mismatch these kids are for DIV. 49 straight is an awesome accomplishment, but at some point I would think it becomes competitively mundane even for the players.

Just for informational purposes, Delphos was the smallest city in Ohio to have a Catholic HS for two months in 2019 when St John in Bellaire (pop. <4000) had closed by the Diocese of Steubenville. The school was later brought back and still stands.

My step brothers kids went to Delphos.. we always kidded him about recruiting. He said that if you think anyone would be happy at DSJ if kids were getting a free education while they we’re paying full tuition… you are crazy

And pick up a couple more aau players ..
Who did they pick up this year? I know they got a few transfers not sure what AAU program they play for.
Yup.. a better offer may come up
I doubt it. I think Quentin Rogers is the key. He has a great reputation on the AAU circuit.

Kind of like Eric Flannery at St Edward in the sense I think local basketball players would love to play for great programs.

If I had a son in Cuyahoga who really liked basketball and was talented and possible D1 prospect I would definitely consider him playing for a program like St Edward or Richmond Hts.

Funny thing is these coaches don't have to recruit. The programs recruit themselves.

Also I am pretty sure not every Richmond Hts player plays got the same AAU program.

Does Hosea Steele play AAU with Barber and Jones? Or different clubs? Maybe someone who knows NEO AAU can inform us.

Also I honestly don't think Richmond Hts intentionally stays in D4. They could easily compete in D3 or D2 or even D1. Pretty sure they beat St Ed, Lutheran West and Lutheran East this year.

Some of the recent STVM teams have been a complete mismatch in the D2 tourney, but it doesn't compare to the mismatch these kids are for DIV. 49 straight is an awesome accomplishment, but at some point I would think it becomes competitively mundane even for the players.
They beat St Ed’s at Ed’s!

For what it’s worth, a quick look at Joe Eitel shows Richmond Heights football program competed in D6 in 2003 when D6 was lowest division.

What made Richmond Heights suddenly an attraction?

They've had good ball for a few years. We had a private school and a couple small school champs from our region, beat RH along the way. What's different other than they went from good to REALLY good? Are there a lot of new players?