Global Warming

Blame, without accepting they have created the problem. It's not Mother Natures fault. They have abused a natural resource for generations and now it's a problem.

I have a grand daughter now 8 years old that when she was 3 announced she was Mother Nature. Her aunt, my daughter still calls and request snow so they can have a day off from school and her teaching job. If anyone has any weather requests please make them known and I will foreword them to my, our, Mother Nature.

I have a grand daughter now 8 years old that when she was 3 announced she was Mother Nature. Her aunt, my daughter still calls and request snow so they can have a day off from school and her teaching job. If anyone has any weather requests please make them known and I will foreword them to my, our, Mother Nature.
Does she flush ice cubes down the toilet, and put her pajamas on inside out, to get a snow day ?

Just to remind you, all of our opinions have been pretty much correct for the past six years, while we wait for your approved facts to show up.
You posted an opinion piece from a journalist (not a scientist) who is on the dole picked up on a bought and paid for website.

Last edited by a moderator:
IrishBuffalo will attack the site where this article comes from. But I challenge those of you who are open minded and value content over advocacy to look at the science presented here. This does a nice job of dispelling the notion that sea level is changing uncontrollably and because of rising CO2 levels.

Here's just one of a number of graphs showing sea level rise over time and in relation to rising CO2 levels:

1675869479424.png

Their conclusions from analyzing the data are:

The data and projected trends for these ten well-documented coastal cities point to three conclusions:
  1. There has been no dramatic sea level rise in the past century, and projections show no dramatic rise is likely to occur in the coming century.
  2. There is no evidence to indicate the rate of sea level rise or fall in any of the areas of this study will be substantially different than has been the case over the past many decades.
  3. There is no correlation between CO2 concentrations in the atmosphere and sea level rise. The steady but modest rise in sea level predated coal power plants and SUVs, and has continued at its same pace even as atmospheric CO2 concentrations rose from 280 parts per million to 420 parts per million today .[9]

In a cringe inducing interview with a BBC reporter, Bill Gates argued that it’s perfectly fine for him to fly around the world on private jets because he’s doing much more than anyone else to combat climate change.

NEW: A BBC reporter asked Bill Gates directly why his climate activism should be taken seriously, as he continues to fly private all over the world:

Gates tried to assure the reporter that, despite his private jet usage, he is not part of the problem, he’s part of the solution. pic.twitter.com/U6f8Ymcp4l
— Will Hild (@WillHild) February 7, 2023

Gates claimed that because he continues to “spend billions of dollars” on climate change activism, his carbon footprint isn’t an issue.

Maybe if we all turned on our AC's on high and opened our doors we could cool the planet!
Don't give them any ideas. The fact that they're increasingly pushing the notion that we should seed the upper atmosphere with particles to deflect sunlight away from the earth is bat s### crazy. Worse this type of thinking, if ever implemented, would represent an existential threat to our civilization. We can easily handle a warming planet but a cooling planet that tipped back into an ice age? Now that would be a real climate crisis.

Remember how the usual suspects laughed at us when we got upset at those on the left wanting to take away gas stoves? They claimed it wasn't going to happen. Well we will see. But look here, more nonsense from the science illiterate Global Warming crowd:

Now I can say with practical long term experience that you ain't getting a lot of mowing and chain sawing done relying on electric versus gas powered equipment. Wait until they have to use electric chainsaws to clear away fallen trees from the power lines after a big storm.

When I became Reuters global Science and Technology Correspondent in the mid-1990s, the global warming story was top of my agenda. Already by then the BBC was scaring us saying we would all die unless humankind mended its selfish ways. Carbon dioxide (CO2) was the culprit and had to be tamed, then eliminated. I had no reason to think this wasn’t established fact. I was wrong.

My Reuters credentials meant that I had easy access to the world’s finest climate scientists. To my amazement, none of these would say categorically that the link between CO2 and global warming, now known as climate change, was a proven scientific fact. Some said human production of CO2 was a probable cause, others that it might make some contribution; some said CO2 had no role at all. Everybody agreed that the climate had warmed over the last 10,000 years as the ice age retreated, but most weren’t really sure why. The sun’s radiation, which changes over time, was a favored culprit.

The insanity that is Global Warming alarmism is following the covid example as these people institute policies that will cause great damage to the economy and society in order to control a problem that really isn't very serious. Shame on them for doing it and shame on us for falling for it:

More lunacy in the fight against climate change:

I read an article today that the writer said in a billion years billion with a b that the earth will be so hot all oxygen will be gone because all the oxygen producing plant and trees will have died and all water will have dried. Think of that a billion years from now just like it's as early as tomorrow.

It really is the height of human ignorance to believe that we do not have to react to a changing shoreline, but can somehow control, or even affect at all, the sea level.

You have to raise a couple generations of stupid people as a nation to be able to sell such a notion. Almost as soon as humans figured out what was going on in our world systematically and scientifically, some other humans tried to use the knowledge to screw the rest of the humans. How human.