I don’t ever want to hear someone complain about Tom Ryan again…

Team trophy and the Buckeyes outperform expectations. I suspect in the next 2 or 3 years the Buckeyes will competing for the team title. Go Bucks!
Agree...kind of got used to being disappointed. Awesome showing by the Buckeyes.

The Ohio State Buckeye wrestling program finished top 4 (earning a team trophy) just 3 times in school history before Tom Ryan (4th-1940, 4th-1991, 3rd-2004). After this weekend, Tom Ryan has now led the Buckeyes to EIGHT top 4 finishes! In his 15 NCAA Tournaments at the helm of Ohio State wrestling the Buckeyes have finished in the top 10 all but 1 season (14 of 15 tournaments in the Top 10). Not to mention the schools one and only National Championship. They have finished as Runners-Up 5 times. If it was for Cael Sanderson, who will probably go down as the greatest college wrestling coach of all time, it would be Tom Ryan that we would be talking about for the last 15 years. This Buckeye fan is grateful.

They need to fire Tom Ryan!
C’mon man. Tom and staff did a great job of preparing these guys for the tournament. They were hit with an overwhelming amount of injuries this year and to still walk away with a team trophy says a lot about the staff. We will be fighting for national championships in the years to come. Be a proud Buckeye and not part of the problem! Go bucks.

C’mon man. Tom and staff did a great job of preparing these guys for the tournament. They were hit with an overwhelming amount of injuries this year and to still walk away with a team trophy says a lot about the staff. We will be fighting for national championships in the years to come. Be a proud Buckeye and not part of the problem! Go bucks.

It is a joke poking fun at the handful of people on here constantly ripping TR and calling for his head. I honestly believe Tom is one of at least the 5 best in the nation.

Alright I'll ask...who can come back for this team and who cannot? I've lost complete track of who has eligibility and who does not.

That match will determine 3rd place. Obviously Yianni is favored but stranger things have happened. Just ask Spencer Lee.
I thought that might be the case for third.

Yianni dissed Sasso last year in his interview following their match in the semis. I'm betting Sasso remembers it and Yianni does not. Not sure it will impact the outcome, but... see above bolded

That match will determine 3rd place. Obviously Yianni is favored but stranger things have happened. Just ask Spencer Lee.
I feel like if team 3rd is on the line it helps Sasso (needs all can get) more than Yanni. Sammy is much more "Buckeye" than Yanni is "Big Red"... Yanni wrestles for Yanni.

And I got Sasso in Pick em... wouldn't be near enough, but a boost of a finish after being on top of the bold names on the leader board... It felt good for a minute #bringoldwoodboardsbacktostate

I feel like if team 3rd is on the line it helps Sasso (needs all can get) more than Yanni. Sammy is much more "Buckeye" than Yanni is "Big Red"... Yanni wrestles for Yanni.

And I got Sasso in Pick em... wouldn't be near enough, but a boost of a finish after being on top of the bold names on the leader board... It felt good for a minute #bringoldwoodboardsbacktostate
Love the hashtag

This is hilarious, since Yianni has been a Cornell guy since he was born. Trained there, spent six years there, has never said anything but great things about the place. You can't spell his name right, you really don't need to determine his love for school as well

Where are you Brian?
GIF by Paramount Movies

What a dumb statement! Do you realize how much donor money the P6U wrestling programs get?
I'm sure many will disagree but at this juncture in college wrestling there's Penn St and then everyone else. Sure, I think OSU should be up there to win the BIG every 4-5 years, but nobody out there is going to unseat Penn St in the "very near" future. I see Penn St to college wrestling as St Eds to Ohio wrestling. How often has St Eds not been the #1 wrestling team in Ohio over the last 20 years. If MP, Elyria, Brecksville, Wadsworth, etc equated a successful season to claiming a state championship there would a load of "unsuccessful" teams in Ohio each year, likewise with OSU. This was NOT a bad season. Should we want/expect better down the road? He!! ye!!!!!!! But let's not equate a good/successful season to having had to beat Penn St. Just my opinion.

I'm sure many will disagree but at this juncture in college wrestling there's Penn St and then everyone else. Sure, I think OSU should be up there to win the BIG every 4-5 years, but nobody out there is going to unseat Penn St in the "very near" future. I see Penn St to college wrestling as St Eds to Ohio wrestling. How often has St Eds not been the #1 wrestling team in Ohio over the last 20 years. If MP, Elyria, Brecksville, Wadsworth, etc equated a successful season to claiming a state championship there would a load of "unsuccessful" teams in Ohio each year, likewise with OSU. This was NOT a bad season. Should we want/expect better down the road? He!! ye!!!!!!! But let's not equate a good/successful season to having had to beat Penn St. Just my opinion.

Fantastic performance by the Buckeyes!
I didn't want to start a new thread, but now we have this. Strange timing.

On Edit: I misread, I thought tOSU and was confused. Sorry, but still news worthy I'd think, but don't wanna hijack thread.
They should all be fired if alligations are true