2023 Bengals

The Cincinnati Bengals, in both categories, are the lone team across the league not to provide players with supplements.

Add the Bengals' “showers and toilets consistently not working,” a closure of the Bengals' cafeteria on days players are encouraged to voluntarily report to the facility and players’ wives nursing on the floors of public restrooms at games due to a lack of team-provided family rooms, and it’s perhaps unsurprising that fewer than half of players believe team owner Mike Brown is willing to spend to improve facilities.

The Cincinnati Bengals, in both categories, are the lone team across the league not to provide players with supplements.

Add the Bengals' “showers and toilets consistently not working,” a closure of the Bengals' cafeteria on days players are encouraged to voluntarily report to the facility and players’ wives nursing on the floors of public restrooms at games due to a lack of team-provided family rooms, and it’s perhaps unsurprising that fewer than half of players believe team owner Mike Brown is willing to spend to improve facilities.

Watching millionaires complain about billionaires not buying them lunch is just cringe worthy hilarious.

Watching millionaires complain about billionaires not buying them lunch is just cringe worthy hilarious.

If I were an owner/GM/head coach I would want the supplements paid for by the team mainly so you know what the players are given (and hopefully only taking) is legal - don’t want someone to get popped on a performance enhancing test and miss 6 games.

If I were an owner/GM/head coach I would want the supplements paid for by the team mainly so you know what the players are given (and hopefully only taking) is legal - don’t want someone to get popped on a performance enhancing test and miss 6 games.
You open yourself up to liability then if a player gets popped and claims he was only taking team provided supplements.

I might agree, except that the players' survey indicates that it's the industry standard to provide the players with such amenities. I wonder if Mike Brown makes prospective front office employees pick up their own check if he takes them out to dinner.

Bottom line though is that winning and the prospect of winning in the future has the power to overcome a variety of substandard practices.

I might agree, except that the players' survey indicates that it's the industry standard to provide the players with such amenities. I wonder if Mike Brown makes prospective front office employees pick up their own check if he takes them out to dinner.

Bottom line though is that winning and the prospect of winning in the future has the power to overcome a variety of substandard practices.

It’s called the Bengals have Joe Burrow and the other team does not

It’s called the Bengals have Joe Burrow and the other team does not
Exactly. Quality free agents will still sign if they think the team can win. Joe Burrow will make plenty of free agents think they can win in Cincinnati.

John Madden once said something along the lines of, "winning is the greatest deodorant in football."

So are you saying the Bengals are the only team in the NFL smart enough to not provide supplements to their players…..I’ll go with they are too cheap.
He didn't say that. He simply says it opens them to liability... which it does. It isn't cheaper if you're paying hundreds of thousands in court fees to defend the rogue player taking illegal supplements.

Allegedly some shots fired at Mixon’s residence overnight. Cops showed up. It sounds like some kids ding dong ditched his house. A minor was taken to the hospital for minor injuries. Police left at 3am with no arrests. Pretty wild off-season he’s having so far, not ideal timing for a possible cap casualty guy.

With the Bengals first pick in the 2023 NFL draft, Cincinnati selects…..Texas rb Abidjan Robinson.

Don’t know if Robinson will last until the Bengals 28th pick. Resigning the Perine now is probably a must. Mixon’s life appears to be out of control & soon to be unemployed.

Titans looking to trade Derrick Henry...

Offer Mixon and a 6th rd pick. Henry's cap hit can be reduced with an extension.

The Titans can cut Mixon and save 3.5M more than if they just cut Henry.

Henry can provide power and speed in the run game. He would likely be cheaper than cutting Mixon and signing Perine. You can still draft a RB on day 3.

Titans looking to trade Derrick Henry...

Offer Mixon and a 6th rd pick. Henry's cap hit can be reduced with an extension.

The Titans can cut Mixon and save 3.5M more than if they just cut Henry.

Henry can provide power and speed in the run game. He would likely be cheaper than cutting Mixon and signing Perine. You can still draft a RB on day 3.
Cut Mixon no problem, but no to Henry, fix the oline do that, keep Burrow healthy and the Bengals will be in great shape for years to come.

Cut Mixon no problem, but no to Henry, fix the oline do that, keep Burrow healthy and the Bengals will be in great shape for years to come.
I believe you can do that as well.

I would sign Lewan at LT and trade Williams for a 6th or 7th round pick. I think you can get Lewan for $4M with $12M in incentives. The incentives don't count against the cap this year. I would Draft a RT in the first round and keep Carmen as a backup.

This solves the O line issues and fixes the run game and improves the cap space to sign other guys.

I believe you can do that as well.

I would sign Lewan at LT and trade Williams for a 6th or 7th round pick. I think you can get Lewan for $4M with $12M in incentives. The incentives don't count against the cap this year. I would Draft a RT in the first round and keep Carmen as a backup.

This solves the O line issues and fixes the run game and improves the cap space to sign other guys.

I don’t like the idea of heading into the season depending on Lewan as your starting LT. Availability is very important and Williams at 26 is safer than Lewan at 31 & coming off of two injury plagued years. Bengals can get a solid OT prospect with the 28th pick: the OT from Tennessee, ND State, Syracuse or Oklahoma.

Good depth at OT in this draft. Stick with Williams for the year, draft a guy and see if you hit on one. If the rookie is a player, Kight be able to do a in season trade with Williams ($12.5 mil cap hit). Someone can always use a OT, last year it was the Bengals who needed OT’s.

I don’t like the idea of heading into the season depending on Lewan as your starting LT. Availability is very important and Williams at 26 is safer than Lewan at 31 & coming off of two injury plagued years. Bengals can get a solid OT prospect with the 28th pick: the OT from Tennessee, ND State, Syracuse or Oklahoma.

Good depth at OT in this draft. Stick with Williams for the year, draft a guy and see if you hit on one. If the rookie is a player, Kight be able to do a in season trade with Williams ($12.5 mil cap hit). Someone can always use a OT, last year it was the Bengals who needed OT’s.
Trading in season does not help as you've already established your cap for the season. There's not exactly any FA to spend that 12M on at that point in the year.

As for Lewan, he is a massive upgrade over Williams when he is healthy. Injuries are always a concern. However if the Bengals are comfortable with Carman as a potential RT candidate then he is certainly a LT candidate as well. Let him and a Rookie battle for RT in camp and the other is the backup.

Williams is not the long term answer at LT. His ceiling is league average. Lewan at 31 is plenty young for a tackle and his ceiling is All-Pro. He should likely be cheaper as well.

Trading in season does not help as you've already established your cap for the season. There's not exactly any FA to spend that 12M on at that point in the year. There are teams that can restructure contracts to come up with $12 mil in cap space.

As for Lewan, he is a massive upgrade over Williams when he is healthy. Injuries are always a concern. However if the Bengals are comfortable with Carman as a potential RT candidate then he is certainly a LT candidate as well. Let him and a Rookie battle for RT in camp and the other is the backup.

Williams is not the long term answer at LT. His ceiling is league average. Lewan at 31 is plenty young for a tackle and his ceiling is All-Pro. He should likely be cheaper as well.

Steelers got a 2nd rd pick for wr Chase Claypool (32nd overall) in a mid season trade this past year. That is a great trade if you are the Steelers. A average LT at the midseason point to an injury plagued team, I think the Bengals could get sometime decent in return. Reality is the Bengals will probably need Williams, Collins & Lewan will never start 17 games.

Allegedly some shots fired at Mixon’s residence overnight. Cops showed up. It sounds like some kids ding dong ditched his house. A minor was taken to the hospital for minor injuries. Police left at 3am with no arrests. Pretty wild off-season he’s having so far, not ideal timing for a possible cap casualty guy.
It's not often one sees a player of his...caliber

Was not expecting him back, but Bengals resign Pratt to a 3 year, $21M deal.

Bell is signing with the Panters.
Kind of seems like it was either Bell back or Pratt back. Honestly would have preferred Bell, but happy they were able to retain one of them.

Bummed to see both safeties gone, they must really have faith in Dax Hill being able to take over next year. Curious to see if they bring someone else in to compete for Bells spot.