General NFL Chat

So many people said Mayfield was too short. At least he was thicker/strong. Young is also 5'10" and looks like a twig. Winning games at Bama will not translate to the NFL in this case. He'd be QB3 on my board, after Stroud and Levis. Not interested at all in Richardson, unless we are running the option.

So many people said Mayfield was too short. At least he was thicker/strong. Young is also 5'10" and looks like a twig. Winning games at Bama will not translate to the NFL in this case. He'd be QB3 on my board, after Stroud and Levis. Not interested at all in Richardson, unless we are running the option.

If Mayfield were coming out of college in this year’s draft I believe he would be ranked behind Young and Strout . All 3 come from big time colleges and played in mostly games where their team had far superior talent. The difference I see is Baker had some character concerns and couldn’t outrun a campus cop. I believe Young is just too small and Strout’s unwillingness to run during the regular season is Baffling & concerning. Baker’s strength is his ‘world is against me’ attitude and desire to prove everyone wrong - his game w/ the Rams on 48 hours prep is Baker at his finest. Unfortunately, that is the ceiling to Baker’s game.

Last edited:
I'm not buying into Bryce Young. Undersized with a college supporting staff that could dominate and enhance his stats. He may end up being a serviceable NFL QB but I'm not using an early pick in the draft for a serviceable guy whose size indicates he is ripe for an injury.

If Mayfield were coming out of college in this year’s draft I believe he would be ranked behind Young and Strout . All 3 come from big time colleges and played in mostly games where their team had far superior talent. The difference I see is Baker had some character concerns and couldn’t outrun a campus cop. I believe Young is just too small and Strout’s unwillingness to run during the regular season is Baffling & concerning. Baker’s strength is his ‘world is against me’ attitude and desire to prove everyone wrong - his game w/ the Rams on 48 hours prep is Baker at his finest. Unfortunately, that is the ceiling to Baker’s game.
I have reservations on both Stroud and Young. Stroud put up fantasy numbers against mostly bad big ten defenses, we see this Buckeye QB's year after year. At least Young performed against the best defenses in college football. Young may be small, but he's accurate and I think he's got the moxey to be an NFL QB. Baker was too immature. He just never knew what it took to be good.

I have reservations on both Stroud and Young. Stroud put up fantasy numbers against mostly bad big ten defenses, we see this Buckeye QB's year after year. At least Young performed against the best defenses in college football. Young may be small, but he's accurate and I think he's got the moxey to be an NFL QB. Baker was too immature. He just never knew what it took to be good.
Very predictable take from you. Young is too small, period. And SEC defenses are just as trash as everyone else’s with all the rule changes favoring offense. Stroud had little trouble with the UGA D.

Who is this Strout guy?

Young's lack of size would terrify me. 5'10 and change in terms of height and weighed in at under 205 at the combine after probably over indulging and excessively hydrating for a couple days (and hence why he elected to not participate in any of the athletic testing -- likely severely bloated). He probably weighs about 195 as listed at 'Bama.

With Anthony Richardson you are hoping to turn a 99th percentile athlete into a functional QB...he has a cannon, but has non-existent touch on shorter throws. Poor footwork. Ability to go through progressions leave a lot to be desired. High upside but huge risk prospect. More than likely if you're drafting him in the first round you'll be drafting another QB early on three years from now, if you're lucky enough to have not lost your job over such a stupid gamble.

Other then Georgia and Alabama, the SEC defenses were mediocre. Not Big 12 bad but nothing special. LSU and Mississippi State were decent but the conference overall was nothing special. On the other hand, Iowa, Illinois, OSU, Michigan, Minnesota, Penn State and Wisconsin were all in the top 21 NCAA D1 defenses.

Tua was a smaller Alabama QB with a very similar scouting report. He's 3 inches and 25 pounds heavier than Young. When healthy, he's a decent NFL QB but I sure don't want decent from the Number 1 pick in a draft.

It's worse than that at certain positions.
DB, WR, RB, DE are almost exclusively black.
CB is exclusively black. A white guy hasn't started at CB for anyone in the last 20 years (Kaesviharn (sp.) for the Bengals in 2003), and I believe there where literally zero in anyone's two-deep from Kaesviharn and Sehorn in 2003 until a guy was briefly in the rotation for Washington a couple years ago. White CBs are real life unicorns.

CB is exclusively black. A white guy hasn't started at CB for anyone in the last 20 years (Kaesviharn (sp.) for the Bengals in 2003), and I believe there where literally zero in anyone's two-deep from Kaesviharn and Sehorn in 2003 until a guy was briefly in the rotation for Washington a couple years ago. White CBs are real life unicorns.
Racist league keepin the white men down

How did Stroud do against UGA?