The Cleveland Browns to the Burbs?????

fleadog101

Recently the City of Cleveland rejected land offerings for the Cleveland Browns and a new Stadium. It seems that the Cleveland Browns might be joining the ranks of the Chicago Bears as they move to Arlington Heights with there new Stadium.
So the big question is what Cleveland Suberb would get the Browns???

Recently the City of Cleveland rejected land offerings for the Cleveland Browns and a new Stadium. It seems that the Cleveland Browns might be joining the ranks of the Chicago Bears as they move to Arlington Heights with there new Stadium.
May I suggest whichever one has the most massage parlors, so Deshaun does not have to travel too far to get his jollies.

Nobody cares!! Haslam’s are the worst Owners in Sports!!

The Richfield Browns. There's a big empty field right next to 271.
We joke about that but I can't really think of other well located suburban sites. Maybe by the airport? Or an old industrial site in Cuyahoga Heights? Warrensville Heights?

Personally I think they should build a floating stadium on Lake Erie

If the Browns were to go south to Independence, it'd really be ideal for the city/county to use this as an opportunity to expand the rapid or better yet lobby for federal funds to upgrade the Cuyahoga Valley Scenic Railroad. Obviously it's extremely unlikely they will be smart enough to do that

Would be interested to know how this guys feels about the ukranians stealing my money...

Would be interested to know how this guys feels about the ukranians stealing my money...

Take it to the "Debate" Forum where you will get massive support.

Take it to the "Debate" Forum where you will get massive support.
Go read that thread and you will see it has divided party lines...

Back to the Browns. I don't think Haslam has the backing to build a new stadium until we win next year... And yes, I currently live in city limits although I suspect this would be a county issue.

Back to the Browns. I don't think Haslam has the backing to build a new stadium until we win next year... And yes, I currently live in city limits although I suspect this would be a county issue.

I agree that there is not a whole lot of enthusiasm for a losing team being financially supported.

It should be a regional issue. The counties surrounding Cuyahoga would benefit from Cleveland having a world class year round use facility, as well.

I'm not a Browns fan, but what a mess in Cleveland? You talk about alienating your fanbase? You are honestly going to close your stadium, do renovations for 2 seasons and play a couple of hours away?

I'm not a Browns fan, but what a mess in Cleveland? You talk about alienating your fanbase? You are honestly going to close your stadium, do renovations for 2 seasons and play a couple of hours away?

The Browns have done everything they can to alienate the fan base since 1999, so why would anything be different? It's a stupid idea. Just find another area, build it while still playing in the dump, and then move. Tear down the old stadium and develop it as an entertainment destination on the lake. No matter what you do to that stadium, it still will only be used about 14 days out of the year. Return on investment anyone?

Last edited:

'No merit' to Browns moving to Columbus during stadium rebuild

“3News has determined that there is no merit to that report of the Browns playing any home games outside of Cleveland. We have checked out all sources, including in Columbus, with Ohio State University, and with the Browns. It is believed that the Browns under the Haslam Ownership Group would never consider taking the football team out of Cleveland and forcing the fan base to travel to watch them play home games for any amount of time, let alone for multiple years.”

The places the Browns could play, however, is a bit limited in the area. Could they share a field with Baldwin-Wallace or John Carroll? Progressive Field would be off-limits given the timing of the two sports. Playing at Tom Benson Hall of Fame Stadium in Canton, however, may be their best option.

The Browns have done everything they can to alienate the fan base since 1999, so why would anything be different? It's a stupid idea. Just find another area, build it while still playing in the dump, and then move. Tear down the old stadium and develop it as an entertainment destination on the lake. No matter what you do to that stadium, it still will only be used about 14 days out of the year. Return on investment anyone?
Who's fault is it that it isn't utilized more...