STVM 2022-2023

CVCA (Peterson) Akron Buchtel (Thurman Robinson Boyce) Akron East Akron Hoban (Nichols) Walsh Jesuit are all still alive in the OHSAA Tournament. Coach Dru is a at 465 career wins. 35 short of 500. Top 3 players are outgoing Seniors What does the future bring for the Irish Hoops. 🧮

I would not consider Stratford a top three player if you were thinking him. He was a huge disappointment when he could have impactful. Just didn’t seem to have the toughness. Not really a knock in the sense that may be his personality.

How many bigs have come through Maple Street and never developed. Jakkar Sampson is the last one who went on to make an impact. Is there enough in the cupboard to make an impact in 23-24.

Last edited:
Heard St V may be reaching back into the Federal League to fill some of their needs.
Pryor 2 State titles full ride to CSU Frosh Starter
Harris 2 State titles full ride to Illinois Frosh Starter
Played side by side with Malaki Branham OSU all big 10. Top 20 NBA draft choice starting for NBA San Antonio Sours as a rookie.
They absolutely made the right choice ☘️
Sounds like a great career opportunity

Pryor 2 State titles full ride to CSU Frosh Starter
Harris 2 State titles full ride to Illinois Frosh Starter
Played side by side with Malaki Branham OSU all big 10. Top 20 NBA draft choice starting for NBA San Antonio Sours as a rookie.
They absolutely made the right choice ☘️
Sounds like a great career opportunity
Right choice because they left their friends to join a stacked team and win a ST? Do you know what their path would have been had they not went there?

No better person for you to ask than TK. He’s the one who did it. Why don’t you ask him and report back to the group?
I spoke to his secretary (not really) and she said it had to do with something that happened in a game with a Fan and TK. Also that he regretted that it ever happened. Didn't Walsh also drop St V during this time? Heard that from a friend.

2023 Basketball season is complete. Akron Hoban 2023 D1 State 🏆 basketball Champions Akron Buchtel 2022 D2 State 🏆 Basketball Champions. It has now come full circle 🧮

No better person for you to ask than TK. He’s the one who did it. Why don’t you ask him and report back to the group?
I tried but he was busy this weekend cutting down the nets. I will try again today. Oh of forgot, no school today as they are still celebrating the D1 championship.

Just out of curiosity from someone many miles away who doesn't know...

All the years I've watched the state tournament I always witnessed SVSM win state titles but not Hoban or Buchtel. Do these teams have players that 'traditionally' would be at SVSM but chose to stick with their home school? Are these two schools comprised of many transfers themselves?

Again, I have no knowledge... I think it's great to see these two teams win a state title because I normally don't see them in the state tournament.

Just out of curiosity from someone many miles away who doesn't know...

All the years I've watched the state tournament I always witnessed SVSM win state titles but not Hoban or Buchtel. Do these teams have players that 'traditionally' would be at SVSM but chose to stick with their home school? Are these two schools comprised of many transfers themselves?

Again, I have no knowledge... I think it's great to see these two teams win a state title because I normally don't see them in the state tournament.

Khoi Thurmon and Amire Robinson transferred from Copley to Buchtel after their sophomore seasons. Thurmon is going to Purdue-Fort Wayne next year and Robinson is going to Nevada.

Will Scott transferred from a Columbus school (I think Gahanna Lincoln) to Hoban after his sophomore year. He is also a senior.

Those are the ones I know of.

I tried but he was busy this weekend cutting down the nets. I will try again today. Oh of forgot, no school today as they are still celebrating the D1 championship.
I hope you call him out (you won’t) like you have the leaders at St V. TK (and I like TK) is the one who put a stop to playing St V.

Fully understand the Monday’s off after winning a State Championship. The Irish have done it 10 times.

Last edited:
I spoke to his secretary (not really) and she said it had to do with something that happened in a game with a Fan and TK. Also that he regretted that it ever happened. Didn't Walsh also drop St V during this time? Heard that from a friend.
I’m pretty sure Walsh dropped STVM due to two transfers that were on Walsh’s basketball team that transferred to STVM that were both bball and football players. One of them started for OSU on defense.

It did get ugly when a fan went nuts. I was there.

I’m pretty sure both of these statements you made are accurate.

I’m pretty sure Walsh dropped STVM due to two transfers that were on Walsh’s basketball team that transferred to STVM that were both bball and football players. One of them started for OSU on defense.

It did get ugly when a fan went nuts. I was there.

I’m pretty sure both of these statements you made are accurate.
That was Lawrence Wilson who started at OSU.

How many at D1?
Lol….does that mean you’ll stop posting/talking about your D3 and D2 championships in football? They don’t count?

We’ll take our 10 in basketball and 6 in football.

When the Irish won in 2017 they won their last game of the regular season at Jackson…who went on to win the D1 state championship. Safe to say the Irish would have won state that year.

Why don’t you start your own Hoban thread? You always have to bring Hoban to the St V threads.

Lol….does that mean you’ll stop posting/talking about your D3 and D2 championships in football? They don’t count?

When the Irish won in 2017 they won their last game of the regular season at Jackson…who went on to win the D1 state championship. Safe to say the Irish would have won state that year.

Why don’t you start your own Hoban thread? You always have to bring Hoban to the St V threads.
St V winning state means nothing. It's so easy when you can just pick and choose the best players from northeast ohio

"Safe to say they would have won state ?" "Start your own thread?" Sounds vaguely familiar with "lose the privilege to play anymore." Doesn't it?

"Safe to say they would have won state ?" "Start your own thread?" Sounds vaguely familiar with "lose the privilege to play anymore." Doesn't it?
I really don’t understand your hate and disdain for St V. You’ve never had one good thing to say about the Irish. This is a St V thread. If you want to talk about all the great things about Hoban start you your own thread. It’s not that hard.