STVM 2022-2023

If I am looking at the brackets correctly, then in order to get to the State title game, it looks like the Irish could conceivably end up playing Walsh, Stow, St. Edward and St. Ignatius in a row; all teams that have beaten them this year! They are fully capable of doing it, but that is one tough gauntlet to run! Good luck Irish! Enjoy the ride!

Final…..Brush 42 St V 37

Ugly ugly ugly game for the Irish. Turnover after turnover after turnover. Team could not have shot better than 30% from the field.

Congrats to the Arcs

Did not see this coming at all even with LA out. Being a current Kent State Student I’m excited to see him play here next year as long as he stays healthy

A frustrating end to an uneven season. The Irish were very good, sometimes great, this season. But they were also maddeningly inconsistent. I thought they could have gone a couple more rounds, but I couldn't see them getting past St. Ed's. But at the end of the day, you have to tip your cap to Brush. Holding STVM to 37 points was quite an effort! I'm not sure if that was our season low, but I'm guessing it was. Good luck to the Arcs moving forward.

Last edited:
Useless fact that Brush currently has a competitive balance number of 0 and I always look to see what St V has, 84.

Read somewhere the last time they didn't make it to at least the District finals was 1997, losing 60-59 to eventual State Runner up Buchtel led by Doylan Robinson. Pretty impressive run, heck nobody on the current team was even alive yet.

Read somewhere the last time they didn't make it to at least the District finals was 1997, losing 60-59 to eventual State Runner up Buchtel led by Doylan Robinson. Pretty impressive run, heck nobody on the current team was even alive yet.
Doylan was so good….

CVCA (Peterson) Akron Buchtel (Thurman Robinson Boyce) Akron East Akron Hoban (Nichols) Walsh Jesuit Stow are all still alive in the OHSAA Tournament. Coach Dru is a at 465 career wins. 35 short of 500. Top 3 players are outgoing Seniors What does the future bring for the Irish Hoops. 🧮. Could take 3 more seasons to reach 500.

Last edited: