Akron City Series Basketball 2022-2023

Buchtel and East play the rubber match for the "Rubber" City Championship tonight at Firestone CLC.

IMG_20230203_202516022.jpg

And then there were 2,,,, after the first week of OHSAA playoffs Buchtel and East are the only teams remaining from the City Series. Buchtel plays Bay at Stow High school and East plays Revere at North Ridgeville.

And then there were 2,,,, after the first week of OHSAA playoffs Buchtel and East are the only teams remaining from the City Series. Buchtel plays Bay at Stow High school and East plays Revere at North Ridgeville.
Are both games this evening?

Buchtel is on a roll. Can this be their year? Correct me if I’m wrong on this. They have no star as they have in the past, ie Chris Livingston, but are a team with a number of very good players willing to play as a team.

Buchtel is on a roll. Can this be their year? Correct me if I’m wrong on this. They have no star as they have in the past, ie Chris Livingston, but are a team with a number of very good players willing to play as a team.
They definitely have a good shot to make it to the Final 4, not sure what the other regions have.

They have a few scorers and a really good defense. I know VASJ wasn’t that good, but they made them look like a JV team.

Buchtel does not have a generational player like Livingston this year, but do not undervalue the talent level of that team. Khoi Thurman, Marcel Boyce and Amire Robinson are VERY good! Maxwell has taken a big jump this year, too. They are deep and they play hard. They will be a very tough out. The key, obviously, is Thurman. Even when he is not scoring, he keeps the team focused and playing under control. Because of him I'm hoping for a deep run for the Griffs this year!

Hope the two years in Vegas hopefully it pay off play some good teams find a way play they experience in Vegas bring home state championship to the west side 1040
I'd love to see Glenville make it out of this region. But if they don't, then it's Buchtel all the way.