MLB Owners crying "Poor" are not being honest

Interesting article from The Athletic about MLB owners forming an economic reform committee. At least they’re acknowledging the financial issues that are killing the game’s competitiveness. Whether this leads to anything remains to be seen, and any results will undoubtedly come with a huge fight.

It’s true, it’s true. Trust me …

Interesting article from The Athletic about MLB owners forming an economic reform committee. At least they’re acknowledging the financial issues that are killing the game’s competitiveness. Whether this leads to anything remains to be seen, and any results will undoubtedly come with a huge fight.

I would love to see how organizations like the Guardians and Rays would fare in a salary cap environment. They’ve remained relatively competitive while essentially self-capping.

It will not be long until Scott Boras lapdog, Stephanie Apstein, has a column up at SI saying how this is all BS and any sort of cap will be the worst thing for MLB; also how Steve Cohen is great for the game:

Note how this didn't age well.