The demise of the Tuscaloser Gumps!

SWGA Fan

May we have a moment of silence for lil Nicky Satan, as he waddles off into the sunset to that retirement village in ole West Virginnie?

It appears that lil Nicky Satan had a tad of trouble procuring his new OC and DC down in Gump Holler. At this writing, he was turned down TWICE in both categories. And has now FINALLY hired two third string slappies to run his football program. (Former Miami DC Kevin Steele and former ND OC Tommy Rees) the dynasty IS a waning.

Gawga wins 2 titles in 40 years and thinks they matter.
WHERE did I mention UGA? BUT, hide and watch pilgrim, time will tell. Word has it, that Kirby isn't losing again anytime soon, with two better teams on the horizon, than the last two.

As an aside, in the category of gut wrenching DEEfeats with natty implications, UGA has had three stolen since 1983, and two in the past decade.

Georgia is objectively the top program in the country right now and appears set to stay that way for awhile.

It’s true, it’s true. Trust me …
But HERE'S a lil secret. OTHER schools could accomplish what UGA has. They just need to follow the Georgia way!!!!! NIL to attain players, is KILLING most schools in the NCAA!

But HERE'S a lil secret. OTHER schools could accomplish what UGA has. They just need to follow the Georgia way!!!!! NIL to attain players, is KILLING most schools in the NCAA!
The lil secret is to be sitting in the middle of one of the most fertile recruiting areas in that nation and having a coach that knows how to utilize the talent.

The lil secret is to be sitting in the middle of one of the most fertile recruiting areas in that nation and having a coach that knows how to utilize the talent.
Yep. Might arguably be the best geographically situated program relative to where the greatest concentrations of premium talent are. They should consistently have an elite program, and it would be incompetent if not negligent to not be really good consistently.

Georgia is objectively the top program in the country right now and appears set to stay that way for awhile.

It’s true, it’s true. Trust me …
Yep. Feels like they're on the front end of making a long-term run. Unless something weird happens or a scandal kills Kirby's career, I'd probably expect a couple more titles over the next five years....and God knows how many more assuming the relatively young 47 year old coach stays on for the next 15-20 years. He should supplant Saban as the gold standard in the coming years.

Yep. Might arguably be the best geographically situated program relative to where the greatest concentrations of premium talent are. They should consistently have an elite program, and it would be incompetent if not negligent to not be really good consistently.
A few years ago, when Richt was still HC, there was a thread on here about the best college job in the nation. There were votes for OSU, USC, Bama, Florida, Texas…but I voted for UGA. My reasoning was it was a historically good SEC program with awesome fan and booster support, a great college town, warm weather, near a major growing ATL metro, in a great area for recruiting. It had it all. Now they finally have a coach who knows how to marry it all together and make it work.

Yep. Feels like they're on the front end of making a long-term run. Unless something weird happens or a scandal kills Kirby's career, I'd probably expect a couple more titles over the next five years....and God knows how many more assuming the relatively young 47 year old coach stays on for the next 15-20 years. He should supplant Saban as the gold standard in the coming years.
Also, Bama will take a dip when Saban retires.

A few years ago, when Richt was still HC, there was a thread on here about the best college job in the nation. There were votes for OSU, USC, Bama, Florida, Texas…but I voted for UGA. My reasoning was it was a historically good SEC program with awesome fan and booster support, a great college town, warm weather, near a major growing ATL metro, in a great area for recruiting. It had it all. Now they finally have a coach who knows how to marry it all together and make it work.
All of the things mentioned here, but the biggest factor to me is being the clear cut top program in a rapidly growing state. The population of Georgia has doubled since 1980, and the state's population has grown by roughly 2.8 million since Richt was hired in 2001. It has relatively young age demographics compared to the nation as a whole, and the school age population (and by extension, the average amount of blue chip recruits per year) should continue to grow for the next few decades.

When you factor that in with proximity to blue chip recruits in high-end talent hotbeds in Florida, Alabama, and North Carolina with which you can supplement that growing top-4 in-state talent base...it is arguably as good as any job in the country.

All of the things mentioned here, but the biggest factor to me is being the clear cut top program in a rapidly growing state. The population of Georgia has doubled since 1980, and the state's population has grown by roughly 2.8 million since Richt was hired in 2001. It has relatively young age demographics compared to the nation as a whole, and the school age population (and by extension, the average amount of blue chip recruits per year) should continue to grow for the next few decades.

When you factor that in with proximity to blue chip recruits in high-end talent hotbeds in Florida, Alabama, and North Carolina with which you can supplement that growing top-4 in-state talent base...it is arguably as good as any job in the country.
Plus, they have that bulldog down on the field with the dry ice and fan keeping him cool at the hot games - haha

Thing IS though, half of the state's population resides within twenty miles of the ATL! And 90% of those are CARPETBAGGERS, who could care less about the Georgia Bulldogs! Buford routinely has a dozen major college prospects on their roster. And UGA has only had ONE sign in the last thirty years. In fact, almost NO Gwinnett county players have played for UGA in the Kirby Smart era. And their population base is 950,000. HECK, Kirby has had TWO star players from his hometown of Bainbridge, play at FLORIDA and TEXAS A&M in the last two seasons! And it certainly didn't deter Ryan Day from coming into Georgia and stealing Justin Fields, Steele Chambers, that lineman from Lee Co., and the DB from the North Georgia hills! CONVERSELY, the LAST Ohio player to play at Georgia was CHARLIE TRIPPI, a HUNNERED years ago!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And as an aside, here's a fun fact. Had SIX UGA players not transferred out of the program because of lack of playing time. That all world UGA draft class in 2021(15), would have been TWENTY-ONE! (Justin Fields was part of that class) And last season, three of the Gump starters were from Georgia, or started for UGA! And we also just lost A. D. Mitchell to Texas, who scored against OSU last season. And three starters for LSU's national championship team were from Marietta and Colquitt Co.

What you fail to realize is, that UGA competes with more than a DOZEN powerhouses for OUR state's players. (THE Ohio State, MEEEchigan, Minn., Tenn., Alabama, Florida, FSU, Auburn, Miss St., LSU, Old Mississippi, South Carolina, Ky., Arkansas, and Clemson)

If UGA could keep most of those four and five stars in state, how strong do you suppose they'd be?

Last edited:
WEEEELL sir, I guess that you'll need to condemn Jim Donnan, Ray Goff, Mark Richt, Wally Butts, and VINCE DOOLY, for those shortcomings. Because not until Kirby came back to his alma mater, was a fire lit under the cheapskate butt of the UGA administration. UGA has the worst basketball and baseball facilities in the SEC! And they have the talent in the state to be perennial powers in both of THOSE as well. Three of the Braves World Series team were from metro ATL! And NONE played for UGA! Georgia has more and better athletes in EVERY sport except the snowbird sport states, than ANYBODY not named Texas and Florida! (YES, more than CALI)

Plus, they have that bulldog down on the field with the dry ice and fan keeping him cool at the hot games - haha
DON'T laugh! UGA was tabbed by SPORTS ILLUSTRATED as the NUMBER ONE mascot in AMERICA! A national news source did a segment on UGA's daily lifestyle. If I can find it, I'll try to download it for your 411! You boys probably wouldn't find it amusing but. UGA I-UGA IX have their own cemetery inside of Sanford Stadium. UGA has his own room and play yard, in retired renown attorney Sonny Siler's palatial home in Savannah. UGA was a MOVIE star, in Clint Eastwood's movie, 'Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil', where Mr. Siler stars as the judge. UGA has his own SUV, painted in Georgia RED, and has a special cooling system, to keep him a comfy 60 degrees. And UGA has his own reserved suite in the hotel adjacent to campus. SURELY YOU JEST?😄😂

WELL, SOMEBODY needs to tell these Carpetbaggers who sign with Clemson, Tenn., Colorado, and Alabumble, et al., who live within thirty miles of Athens. You boys had better hope that Kirby continues to strike out on top tier local talent. Because THEN, he'd REALLY have some fun. At this writing, he has lost THREE TOP TIER players just from neighboring Gwinnett County, in the past two seasons. (Justice Haynes, Caleb Downs, and Travis Hunter) And he also lost Will Anderson and the RB from Dalton (BAMA) B.J. Ojalari and Jay Ward to LSU, within the last three years.

In fact, UGA only has one RB on it's roster from Georgia. And that's Daijun Edwards from Colquitt County. All of the other good ones have been scooped up by Auburn, Florida, Clemson, and Alabama.

Last edited:
Then, EXPLAIN how UGA loses out on about 70-80% of their recent INstate targets? WE hafta share our instate bounty, with about a DOZEN schools within a three-hundred-mile area. And at least FOUR of those, will be preseason TOP TEN in 2023. Georgia's Gwinnett County has approx. 950,000 people. And about 30 middle to top tier high school teams. And at this writing, I don't recall a SINGLE time, when ANY of those kids signed with UGA! And Athens is a mere FIFTY miles away. Most of those kids are from the families of carpetbaggers. Who don't give a RAT'S PATOOTIE about GEORGIA! And just slightly better is Clayton and Cobb County's, with populations of 600,000 and 750,000 people, respectively. SAME o SAME o, people with NO or little UGA ties. Most of UGA's instate talent, comes from Middle, South, and the North Georgia hill country. And a few from the coastal areas around Brunswick and Savannah, like Nolan Smith and Warren McClendon. HELL, IF we could lock down the state. You'd REALLY see some damage to the football landscape. As it is, UGA has to trek to Calif., Washington State, NEW England, the DMV, Vegas, and SOUTH Florida, to GETRDONE. They even had to sign a kid from TEXAS of all places, this past season. I can NEVER recall another DL that Georgia got from Texas. And NOW we have a FRESHMAN THREE STAR DL named Bear Alexander, who STARTED against OSU.

Last edited:
Gawga wins 2 titles in 40 years and thinks they matter.
UGA came within a GNATS BUTT of winning in 2012, 2017, and 2018, as well. Not to mention when Todd Blackledge tore our hearts out, on the last play in 1983, on a fifty yard dagger!