Moeller's Head football Coach Quit Today (2/2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Word across the river is Eddie Eviston. Do the Men of Moeller make the call to Covington Catholic?
I had heard that Eddie Eviston wasn't interested three years ago when the job was open before Mark Elder taking it. I would love to have Eddie Eviston as our Head Coach. GBM!

Ohhh....didn't think about him. That would be a solid hire.

Cov Cath fans are almost as ridiculous as Moe fans, so he'd be able to handle it.
Part of the reason he may consider leaving. NKY threads are being flooded with CovCath comments asking what has Eviston done recently.

2 state championships. 1 runner up. 1 state semifinal. In 7 years.

I had heard that Eddie Eviston wasn't interested three years ago when the job was open before Mark Elder taking it. I would love to have Eddie Eviston as our Head Coach. GBM!
Yeah, at that time his brother who was battling ALS was still alive and living with him. No move was possible, now I believe he’d be much more open to the idea.

Part of the reason he may consider leaving. NKY threads are being flooded with CovCath comments asking what has Eviston done recently.

2 state championships. 1 runner up. 1 state semifinal. In 7 years.
Yea they are a bit nuts at Cov Cath to say the least. Extremely difficult parents is an understatement.

Eddie Eviston is definitely a solid Football Coach. I’m not sure Eddie would excel at recruiting in the Nothern SW Ohio Suburbs. Cov Cath really doesn’t have any competition from any of the NKY Catholic High Schools. I’d be surprised if he was interested but definitely curious on how his Moeller Teams would perform if he did take the job.

This gonna be a long process. Remember if we believe the Colerain AD, they had 80 applicants for Head Football Coach. That means Moeller probably have at least 180!

Eddie Eviston is definitely a solid Football Coach. I’m not sure Eddie would excel at recruiting in the Nothern SW Ohio Suburbs. Cov Cath really doesn’t have any competition from any of the NKY Catholic High Schools. I’d be surprised if he was interested but definitely curious on how his Moeller Teams would perform if he did take the job.

This gonna be a long process. Remember if we believe the Colerain AD, they had 80 applicants for Head Football Coach. That means Moeller probably have at least 180!
For football you are correct that they don't have a ton of competition with other NKY Catholic Schools, besides Newport Central Catholic. But Cov Cath does has more competition closer to them than Moeller. Cov Cath has Beechwood and their 17 state titles 2 miles away.

I think Eviston would do just fine getting the northern Cincy suburban families. What competition does Moe have for bringing boys in other than X? And X being a unique entity, pretty much whatever boys were going to X were always going to go to X, no matter where they live.

For football you are correct that they don't have a ton of competition with other NKY Catholic Schools, besides Newport Central Catholic. But Cov Cath does has more competition closer to them than Moeller. Cov Cath has Beechwood and their 17 state titles 2 miles away.

I think Eviston would do just fine getting the northern Cincy suburban families. What competition does Moe have for bringing boys in other than X? And X being a unique entity, pretty much whatever boys were going to X were always going to go to X, no matter where they live.
Moe's competition for bringing in boys spans 3+ counties.

Last edited:
He created the title using the word quit to create a negative view of the program at Moeller. Look at all the other postings for coaches stating they resigned or stepped down or took another position. Not hard to see he was taking a dig at the program and Mark Elder.
Dear Lord. You're a wuss.

Cov Cath usually very competitive in Football,Basketball and Baseball. Beechwood absolutely outstanding School and Football Program but it’s a pretty small place. More options in Ohio. Moe has to compete with a number of the Public Schools in their area and other Catholic or Private Schools. Just not the same amount of options in NKY.

I saw Ragland was Hired by Miami this morning.

Cov Cath usually very competitive in Football,Basketball and Baseball. Beechwood absolutely outstanding School and Football Program but it’s a pretty small place. More options in Ohio. Moe has to compete with a number of the Public Schools in their area and other Catholic or Private Schools. Just not the same amount of options in NKY.

👆Yes and damn.

Take on Volker as Moe’s next coach? He was well liked for his brief time as a DC there. Also, Kings folks liked him. I did not know he was available (stepped down last month) until recently. Or would we see him at East or Turpin?

👆Yes and damn.

Take on Volker as Moe’s next coach? He was well liked for his brief time as a DC there. Also, Kings folks liked him. I did not know he was available (stepped down last month) until recently. Or would we see him at East or Turpin?
I see Jay more at one of those two… the people of Moeller would freak out if they hired Talawanda’ ex coach. Not saying he isn’t a great coach, saying Moeller’s fan base wouldn’t think he’s worthy yet.

I disagree that Moe has more competition for students. Cov Cath has a lower NKY population to choose from and more schools, public and private in a smaller geographic area than Moe.

I guess only John Rodenberg could speak on this.

Pick up the phone and call Nick Yordy asap. Eviston would also be a great hire.
The sense I get from Badin fans is that Yordy (an alum I believe) is really committed to the Badin program. So he might not be interested under any circumstance. But they say everyone has a price. Moeller may have 3 other candidates in mind and Yordy is not even a consideration. Just speculation.

Yordy is a darn good football coach but man I hope he stays in Ramland. They are building a wonderful stadium complex mostly because of his recent success. Interesting!

I think Eddie Eviston is the No brainer choice.
He’s recruited the area while at Gtown, he’s coached on that side of the river at Norwood, he’s been successful in a large class, with a relatively small roster and group of only 450-550 boys to choose from.

Make the call.

The sense I get from Badin fans is that Yordy (an alum I believe) is really committed to the Badin program. So he might not be interested under any circumstance. But they say everyone has a price. Moeller may have 3 other candidates in mind and Yordy is not even a consideration. Just speculation.
I'm relatively close to the situation. Moeller has contacted "many" of those being mentioned including Coach Yordy. Yordy is a public school teacher and doesn't teach at Badin so even Moeller would have a tough time luring him away from Badin (he lives 10 min from the school) but I guess you never know.

I'm relatively close to the situation. Moeller has contacted "many" of those being mentioned including Coach Yordy. Yordy is a public school teacher and doesn't teach at Badin so even Moeller would have a tough time luring him away from Badin (he lives 10 min from the school) but I guess you never know.
Correct. A candidate’s respective retirement system can play into whether or not they are interested. This has factored into decisions for Moe’s coach in the past, so I expect it to again.

Status
Not open for further replies.