Notre Dame

ND needs to pay their 5* guys. You don’t win titles bc of Brennan Vernon & Ben Minnich, you win titles bc of players like Keon Keeley & Peyton Bowen.

I assume you’re crediting Freeman with the 2022 class? Fair, he closed it.
Yes, because he kept it together. He was also responsible for landing their highest rated recruit in that class. Freeman needs to do better reeling truly elite players, but all reports are he works infinitely harder than Kelly as a recruiter.

Yes, because he kept it together. He was also responsible for landing their highest rated recruit in that class. Freeman needs to do better reeling truly elite players, but all reports are he works infinitely harder than Kelly as a recruiter.
Fair enough, looking through the previous 5 years I credited it to Kelly since he built it as HC and was there for 98% of the race. But won’t argue giving it to Freeman.

Tommy Rees being a top candidate for Alabama OC is kind of surprising.

I guess we’ll see what happens. Wouldn’t be great to lose a coordinator this late in the game.

It’s true, it’s true. Trust me …

I'd welcome it.
He’s also not Saban’s first choice, the OC from Washington turned him down.
I’m more indifferent on Rees right now. I wanted him to go before he got Minchey & Hartman to commit. Now, I’m interested to see what he could do with a good QB. At the same time, he was largely responsible for why the QB room was so bad this yr.

Rees is headed to Bama.

A friend pointed out two ways this could be positive:

1. Rees learns under the best HC in the game, does well, and eventually becomes worthy of future Notre Dame head coach consideration.

2. He doesn’t work out and leads to further weakening of the Alabama powerhouse.

Of course, those only are a net positive if Freeman makes the right hire for the next OC.

Too bad Rees didn’t wait one more year to leave. Then ND could’ve scooped up Ryan Day as the new OC in 2024 after Ohio State fires him in December.

Rees is headed to Bama.

A friend pointed out two ways this could be positive:

1. Rees learns under the best HC in the game, does well, and eventually becomes worthy of future Notre Dame head coach consideration.

2. He doesn’t work out and leads to further weakening of the Alabama powerhouse.

Of course, those only are a net positive if Freeman makes the right hire for the next OC.

Kevin Johns from Duke, get it done

I’m more worried about how a s**tty some of their recent offers are. We were told Freeman would not be recruiting these 3* scrubs.

These are Kelly & Clark Lea level players. Freeman needs to do better.

People saying Kliff Kingsbury are idiots. First, the Air raid is a joke. It’s great for QBs to put up gaudy stats but doesn’t win games. Secondly, he’s done nothing but fail upwards. He hasn’t done anything of actual substance since he was Manziel’s OC at A&M.

I wonder if Joe Brady would be at all realistic if he’s still just a QB coach in Buffalo.

I’m more worried about how a s**tty some of their recent offers are. We were told Freeman would not be recruiting these 3* scrubs.
Some of these kids you call s**tty and scrubs have already accomplished more in their sports life than you. How about you back off and be less of a d*ck? These are kids. For what it's worth James Lauranitis was a 3-star scrub. So were plenty of other All Americans.

Some of these kids you call s**tty and scrubs have already accomplished more in their sports life than you. How about you back off and be less of a d*ck? These are kids. For what it's worth James Lauranitis was a 3-star scrub. So were plenty of other All Americans.
That’s the normie college football fan fallacy. There’s thousands of 3* in each class. Of course some will hit. The problem is you only hear about those who hit and not the vast majority who never do anything.

Not thrilled with this kid or Hobbs from Moeller. They need to flip Beasley from Tennessee