Moeller's Head football Coach Quit Today (2/2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
:ROFLMAO: What did I post that was factually incorrect?

He did, in fact, quit yesterday. Exactly as I posted. Not even sure why this is up for argument.

He stepped down to pursue another opportunity in the business world. Again, your title made it sound like he "quit" out of some friction or something in an attempt to sensationalize your post. Pretty typical from you Elder guys.

He created the title using the word quit to create a negative view of the program at Moeller. Look at all the other postings for coaches stating they resigned or stepped down or took another position. Not hard to see he was taking a dig at the program and Mark Elder.
Quit, resigned, stepped down, all mean the same thing. Not sure how one is negative and the others not.

Quit, resigned, stepped down, all mean the same thing. Not sure how one is negative and the others not.
This is a sports forum. Your name suggests you are a sports fan. I assume you understand the negative connotation of quitting particularly as it pertains to sports. Cinci FB fans i know consider Carson Palmer to have quit and rightfully so. They do not consider Andrew Whitworth to have quit. Both left. I guess in your eyes both quit.

This is a sports forum. Your name suggests you are a sports fan. I assume you understand the negative connotation of quitting particularly as it pertains to sports. Cinci FB fans i know consider Carson Palmer to have quit and rightfully so. They do not consider Andrew Whitworth to have quit. Both left. I guess in your eyes both quit.
Ok, do they not teach synonyms at Moeller?

Seriously, Coach Elder quit, literally. Call it whatever you want, and if quitting has too much of a negative connotation then maybe football isn't for you, especially GCL football.

stripes lighten GIF

Ok, do they not teach synonyms at Moeller?

Seriously, Coach Elder quit, literally. Call it whatever you want, and if quitting has too much of a negative connotation then maybe football isn't for you, especially GCL football.
I never said the term personally bothered me. Just pointing out the obvious that the OP title was an attempted dig at the program and Mark Elder. It was also a dbag move to post something he heard the night before Elder was going to address the team.

I never said the term personally bothered me. Just pointing out the obvious that the OP title was an attempted dig at the program and Mark Elder. It was also a dbag move to post something he heard the night before Elder was going to address the team.
It quite obviously bothers you or else you'd stop whining about it.

It's not a bad move putting it out there. Keep your mouth shut about things you don't want out there.

He created the title using the word quit to create a negative view of the program at Moeller. Look at all the other postings for coaches stating they resigned or stepped down or took another position. Not hard to see he was taking a dig at the program and Mark Elder.
From Merriam Webster

"'Resign' is often used in more formal settings, or in phrases like "resigned in disgrace" or "resigned in protest.""

"Quitting a job is the same thing as resigning from a job in most cases: either way you have chosen to no longer have that job. Resign is more at home in formal settings, but quit is perfectly acceptable in serious writing as well."

You mistaken here, Omar the Dbag is hands down the worst Elder poster! Coach Elder apparently Quit for the private sector. Who really gives a sh it and who really cares what people call this decision! Not a Moeller Fan but think Coach Elder did a Great job and definitely left it better than he found it!

No, Moeller fans are tried of being drug thru the mud on these boards for a long time, just pushing back and calling BS when I see it.

It will be the 5th coach in 6 years. I agree that some of it you can't control, but that's not great continuity for the kids. I realize they're not doing it on purpose. Just an observation at a school that's had so much football success.
DAYUM, I'm surprised that you folks don't have a three strikes and you're OUT in Ohio, like we do in that state down South? Of COURSE, the Lowndes head coach WAS fired after having been given ONE shot this past season. He will now become the OC for them WILDCATS at neighboring Valdosta. He PROBABLY got replaced because he is a carpetbagger from Indiana. His friends and neighbors in the Hoosier State will probably pack out PBS.:banana:

As an aside, I've ALWAYS been a Moeller fan. I just LUUUVED it when Gerry Faust bragged in his multi page article in SPORTS ILLUSTRATED. That he had players from three states on his roster when he was CO champions with the future NFL Pro Bowler James Brooks led Warner Robins, Ga., for the 1976 Natty. Apparently not realizing, he admitted that there wasn't enough talent in Cincy to win a natty. He had to go FAAAR and wide to GETRDONE. :LOL:

The continuity is in the rest of the coaching staff, the strength and conditioning and the Moeller tradition. Everyone had Moeller as DOA a couple of years ago then they made it to two state semi finals (a HUGE accomplishment that few programs achieve). They will find a way- wish coach Elder was sticking around, but it will be ok.
SOOO, making TWO semis in a given period of time is considered HUGE? I doubt if you boys have ever heard of the Colquitt County Packers. And when the greatest coach in America was in Moultrie, he took them to the big school semis or better, eight out of nine seasons. The other season, we finished with a quarterfinal loss to the recruited team at Grayson. (All seven losses were to the eventual state big school champions) Grayson tried to defend themselves saying, WE don't recruit. And then, a photo of Jim Hardpaw from that team up North, appeared in the ATL Journal, sitting on a Grayson RB's bed in Covington, THIRTY MILES AWAY, surfaced.

Wow, I didn’t think this thread to get any more stupid, but then Rab shows up. lol.

SOOO, making TWO semis in a given period of time is considered HUGE? I doubt if you boys have ever heard of the Colquitt County Packers. And when the greatest coach in America was in Moultrie, he took them to the big school semis or better, eight out of nine seasons. The other season, we finished with a quarterfinal loss to the recruited team at Grayson. (All seven losses were to the eventual state big school champions) Grayson tried to defend themselves saying, WE don't recruit. And then, a photo of Jim Hardpaw from that team up North, appeared in the ATL Journal, sitting on a Grayson RB's bed in Covington, THIRTY MILES AWAY, surfaced.
Yes it is huge- congrats on the outlier- you actually proved my point. Moeller has done it a couple of times but very few school even make it to the semi finals let alone back to back especially after back to back really awful seasons.

Moeller should look at the Badin HC Yordy. He pulled the Rams up from mediocrity in the mid 2010s. Certainly would be a pay increase and he probably would not have to move.
Orlando at McNick would also be good but I don’t want to see that happen.
Badin has a lot of things in play helping that program like their Junior Rams program. Having said that Yorky would be a homerun hire for Moeller.

Also from Merriam Webster
quit also quitted; quitting
Synonyms of quit
transitive verb
a
: GIVE UP
The first definition. Its what Elder did when they played Moeller last year.
Wow, "synonym" not the "definition." You know, "synonyms" are highly dependent upon context. I would not presume they don't teach high caliber English at Moeller, nor would I credit that you didn't sleep through it, lol.

Did they really teach you such a defeatest attitude at Moeller? To be insecure? Teach you to keep digging your own burial hole? There was ZERO connotation of "give-up" in the OP's thread title. Na da (that's a synonym). This from an unbiased, just passing by observer. I saw a train wreck, decide to watch. And the conductor keeps backing up and running into that same road-block. Nothing in the thread title was anymore than simple description of what occurred.

Moeller's coach quit.
Moeller's coach quit.
Moeller's coach quit.
Moeller's coach quit.
Moeller's coach quit.
Moeller's coach quit.

🤷

Could the former Alumini who coaches at Lasalle be the man for the job this time around? He’s been passed over a few times already.

Could the former Alumini who coaches at Lasalle be the man for the job this time around? He’s been passed over a few times already.
It was considered each of the last two times the job came open, however, never came to fruition. Probably should have been, as I believe it was the best fit for the school. Now, I’m not sure the relationship is there for it happen at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.