2023 Elder Football

I posted this on the main football forum and have not seen it anywhere else yet. I was told at the Elder wrestling match tonight that Moeller's head football coach quit today.

I posted this on the main football forum and have not seen it anywhere else yet. I was told at the Elder wrestling match tonight that Moeller's head football coach quit today.
It just boggles my mind they can't keep a coach and don't have the facilities out there. There just doesn't seem to be a lot of people that have lasting relationships with the institution outside of Kremchek.

Last edited:
Quit ahead of something coming out?

It just boggles my mind they can't keep a coach and don't have the facilities out there. There just doesn't seem to be a lot of people that have lasting relationships with the institution outside of Kremchek.
Careful. The appears untrue.

Rumors look to be true.

I can't understand how that program can't keep a coach, especially with what they have coming back and what they have in the pipeline. Will be a good spot for whoever replaces him.

August 18th Pickerington North home
August 25th
September 1st Springboro home
September 9th St. Ed's home
September 15th Louisville St X away
September 22nd St. Xavier away
September 29th Moeller home
October 6th Life Christian Academy (VA) home
October 13th Chatard away
October 20th La Salle away

Rumors look to be true.

I can't understand how that program can't keep a coach, especially with what they have coming back and what they have in the pipeline. Will be a good spot for whoever replaces him.

How many left voluntarily v. fired/pushed out?

How many left voluntarily v. fired/pushed out?
Rodenburg (?-2017) won 2 state titles and seemingly was pushed out at the end.
Rosfeld (2018) left to join Zac Taylor's staff with the Bengals
Naumann (2019) went 2-8.
Elder (2020-2022) is leaving of his own volition.

Where’s that Smarty guy? I think he just won some money on this one.
0BF2602F-E0B0-4109-9A3A-C199586E9D28.jpeg

It's a tough job, lots of hours and little pay. Sometimes better opportunities come along. Who can blame someone for wanting a better financial life for himself and his family.

It's a tough job, lots of hours and little pay. Sometimes better opportunities come along. Who can blame someone for wanting a better financial life for himself and his family.
He came in from college and isn’t a Moeller grad. I wouldn’t be shocked if he joined Satterfield’s staff at UC

Who cares? F**k em.

Whomever Moeller hires will be the seventh Moeller head coach Doug Ramsey has faced since he took over at Elder in 1997 (Steve Klonne, Bob Crable, John Rodenberg, Doug Rosfeld, Todd Naumann, Mark Elder).

La Salle has had 6 head coaches during Ramsey's tenure (Jim Louder, Jim McQuaide, Tom Grippa, Nate Moore, Jim Hilvert, Pat McLaughlin).

St. X has had two (Steve Rasso and Steve Specht).

Such an odd, little man you are. You may love Elder, but your extreme vitriol for other schools should've been left in high school lol
Moeller should feel the same way about Elder. It’s a competition, screw everyone else, get yours.

Such an odd, little man you are. You may love Elder, but your extreme vitriol for other schools should've been left in high school lol

I would argue there is a difference between loving Elder and being obsessed with Elder sports. I know lots of people that truly love the wonderful institution of Elder High School. They support it financially but rarely attend sporting events.

I would argue there is a difference between loving Elder and being obsessed with Elder sports. I know lots of people that truly love the wonderful institution of Elder High School. They support it financially but rarely attend sporting events.
Fair point.

It’s not personal, but they’re Elder’s competition. I doubt Ohio St fans felt bad for Michigan when they fired their OC for “computer related crimes.” Stop with the kumbaya bull crap.

Perfect outline. Coach Elder took in and dealt with a ton of heat from parents and players over the last few years and you wonder why coaches have a healthy distance from coaching and connecting with the families. This is a good reason why. Sometimes it’s just not worth it and he chose to move on from the chaos.