Memphis Police beating suspect

Yes. Name one in the last decade who helped fund more than Brandon?
actually read some of the links... lots of the money spent went to projects that had nothing to do with helping cops..... and didn't LA and Chicago defund the police , like alot of otherbig democrat run cities defund .... and move that money into other WOKE type projects...

It's not about attracting rich people. It about weeding out the bad apples that come from a demographic that has a lot of them given that criminality is usually driven by economics.
I am having difficulty understanding your point. Do you believe that economics should be a requirement to become a peace officer?

actually read some of the links... lots of the money spent went to projects that had nothing to do with helping cops..... and didn't LA and Chicago defund the police , like alot of otherbig democrat run cities defund .... and move that money into other WOKE type projects...
LA and Chicago did not defund police. You made that up. Regardless, Biden is a huge supporter of funding police.

I am having difficulty understanding your point. Do you believe that economics should be a requirement to become a peace officer?
No. This was in response to the military. What I am saying is that when your primary demographic for recruitment is poor people, you have to be very rigorous with screening because criminality and economic hardship are connected.

No. This was in response to the military. What I am saying is that when your primary demographic for recruitment is poor people, you have to be very rigorous with screening because criminality and economic hardship are connected.
Criminality is driven by not caring about right and wrong. How much money a person makes has no effect on that. But I agree that like the military, law enforcement can attract bad apples, and need to be vigilant about that.

moving money away from the department... and into othe WOKE projects is DEFUNDING THE POLICE
Defund means to not fund. It does not mean budget cuts. You would have to offer specifics but if you are talking about across the board budget cuts because of balanced budget requirements, that is not defunding, either. If you are talking relieving police of functions that don't belong in policing and addressing those functions with a different organization, that is not defending, either.

LA and Chicago did not defund police. You made that up. Regardless, Biden is a huge supporter of funding police.
just did a quick look , Forbes wrote a story about democratic run cities have defunded thier police departments.... in 21 Deblasio slashed 1 BILLION from the police department while allocating 355 MILLION to mental health, homelessness, and education services...

Beatle juice in Chicago slashed 400 cops from its police department in 2020-21......

there are a whole bunch of these type of things happening across America ... go ahead and just type in Democratic mayors cutting police budgets....... and get back to me...

Criminality is driven by not caring about right and wrong. How much money a person makes has no effect on that. But I agree that like the military, law enforcement can attract bad apples, and need to be vigilant about that.
You could not be more wrong. People who commit crimes often do care that it is wrong. In fact, I would argue that the majority do care and would prefer not to commit a crime. What they do is weigh the benefits of wrongdoing with the alternative of not breaking the law and make a determination. Often that is committing the crime despite them knowing and caring that it was wrong. I could think of many examples but if you are an honest person, I am sure you could reach this truth yourself.

just did a quick look , Forbes wrote a story about democratic run cities have defunded thier police departments.... in 21 Deblasio slashed 1 BILLION from the police department while allocating 355 MILLION to mental health, homelessness, and education services...

Beatle juice in Chicago slashed 400 cops from its police department in 2020-21......

there are a whole bunch of these type of things happening across America ... go ahead and just type in Democratic mayors cutting police budgets....... and get back to me...
Chicago had to do across the board cuts. They have a balanced budget requirement. Sounds like NYC invested in alternative programs. That said, i never argued about police budgets being cut. I said that is not defunding and the key discussion is that Biden supports FUNDING police as the evidence I posted clearly proves.

You all do realize that to become a cop you must pass a BCI/FBI Background Check, right? They're gonna ask about any criminal activity you've had in the past, whether its a misdemeanor, warning or what not. It's not like you can get the job having a felony record or aren't going to be questioned about a misdemeanor on your record. Its a Law Enforcement job. Theyre not just giving out badges and guns for free.

You could not be more wrong. People who commit crimes often do care that it is wrong. In fact, I would argue that the majority do care and would prefer not to commit a crime. What they do is weigh the benefits of wrongdoing with the alternative of not breaking the law and make a determination. Often that is committing the crime despite them knowing and caring that it was wrong. I could think of many examples but if you are an honest person, I am sure you could reach this truth yourself.
If they really cared, they wouldn't commit the crime. Rich people commit crimes too, so your idea that being poor causes crime is silly and unsupportable.

Chicago had to do across the board cuts. They have a balanced budget requirement. Sounds like NYC invested in alternative programs. That said, i never argued about police budgets being cut. I said that is not defunding and the key discussion is that Biden supports FUNDING police as the evidence I posted clearly proves.
investing in alternative programs is is defunding police departments... spin it any way you want.....

so beatlejuice cut the police department... and i think she has around 3,000 murders while she/he has been in office..... but she is a good dancer don't you think

and as i have said if you read the links, a whole bunch of that money is NOT going to fund the police....

You all do realize that to become a cop you must pass a BCI/FBI Background Check, right? They're gonna ask about any criminal activity you've had in the past, whether its a misdemeanor, warning or what not. It's not like you can get the job having a felony record or aren't going to be questioned about a misdemeanor on your record. Its a Law Enforcement job. Theyre not just giving out badges and guns for free.
That is sort of the point. Apparently in Memphis, they decided to lower their standards recently.

You know lots of criminals too?

I think you may be giving our current society too much credit for its criminality. You need to have a conscious to weigh the benefits of right and wrong. Unfortunately, it is the nature of some to rob, destroy property, and attempt or commit murder. This is now beginning to rub off on our youths.

If they really cared, they wouldn't commit the crime. Rich people commit crimes too, so your idea that being poor causes crime is silly and unsupportable.
Rich people do but obviously at nowhere near the rate of poor people. Caring is a relative thing. I care about the welfare of all dogs but care about mine more. Caring is not a binary thing. Asserting that it is one or the other is incredibly stupid.

I think you may be giving our current society too much credit for its criminality. You need to have a conscious to weigh the benefits of right and wrong. Unfortunately, it is the nature of some to rob, destroy property, and attempt or commit murder. This is now beginning to rub off on our youths.
Clearly some criminals have no conscience. I would contend that does not represent the majority of crimes committed. Most crimes are not committed by habitual career criminals. As such most do have a conscious and actually would prefer not to go the illegal route.

Clearly some criminals have no conscience. I would contend that does not represent the majority of crimes committed. Most crimes are not committed by habitual career criminals. As such most do have a conscious and actually would prefer not to go the illegal route.
Do you have a link to any of this? You sound drunk...

Rich people do but obviously at nowhere near the rate of poor people. Caring is a relative thing. I care about the welfare of all dogs but care about mine more. Caring is not a binary thing. Asserting that it is one or the other is incredibly stupid.
Breaking the law is binary, you either do or you don't. If you don't care about breaking the law, you will.

Are you sure? Because it sure seems like crime statistics are rising and not falling. Thats a lot of people whom you contend aren't career criminals.

I know a few people who have committed crimes. Some have been caught and others not. More than that, I use common sense especially when common sense is all you really need.
Link to where you have used any common sense?

Breaking the law is binary, you either do or you don't. If you don't care about breaking the law, you will.

Are you sure? Because it sure seems like crime statistics are rising and not falling. Thats a lot of people whom you contend aren't career criminals.
Recidivism rates are very high but that does not mean somebody is a career criminal. That said, this is a huge digression. The point is that most people, even those that have committed a criminal offense, care that they have broken the law at least in part.They would prefer not to have done what they have done. This applies from the most trivial of offenses all the way to the those that are pretty egregious. Think about it, we all know people that have driven drunk. Maybe we did it ourselves. That driver usually cares, just not enough to get an Uber.

Breaking the law is binary. Caring about breaking it is not just like I said.
Of course it is...if you cared you wouldn't break it. No one is talking about speed limits or jaywalking. If you are out commiting violent crime, robbing and raping and shooting you don't give a damn about the illegality of it.

Reactions: LCL