Toledo Area Basketball 22-23

More stuff must be going on at Emmanuel Christian. I just watched the replay of the EC vs MVCDS game last Friday and Armistead was not there and Easter did not play. Anyone have any actual idea what's happening with that situation?

More stuff must be going on at Emmanuel Christian. I just watched the replay of the EC vs MVCDS game last Friday and Armistead was not there and Easter did not play. Anyone have any actual idea what's happening with that situation?
From what I’ve heard, the relationship between the coaching staff and Easter’s family deteriorated significantly at the beginning of the season, with a certain comment about his coachibility being the reason Armistead was “suspended” at the AW game.

I can only imagine it hasn’t gotten better as the season has moved on (I don’t think he played in their Drew League game). I’ve also heard someone saying he’s had stats falsified (specifically his quadruple double against Whiteford), and this is all on top of people who believe he’s a lot older than has presented himself to be, but all of this is pretty much rumors until someone actually in the know at EC says something.

From what I’ve heard, the relationship between the coaching staff and Easter’s family deteriorated significantly at the beginning of the season, with a certain comment about his coachibility being the reason Armistead was “suspended” at the AW game.

I can only imagine it hasn’t gotten better as the season has moved on (I don’t think he played in their Drew League game). I’ve also heard someone saying he’s had stats falsified (specifically his quadruple double against Whiteford), and this is all on top of people who believe he’s a lot older than has presented himself to be, but all of this is pretty much rumors until someone actually in the know at EC says something.
He posted on Twitter that he didn't play Friday because he was resting up for their game in LA on Monday

Easter played in the game against Moravian Prep out in Los Angeles. No Armstead last night at TC.

Does he actually attend classes there or is he enrolled through some sort of home school co-op?

We were church members there 20+ years ago and the rules re: school were pretty demanding.

Reminiscing what might have been if the Roger's kids had stayed in Toledo, if Emoni Bates had decided to stay in Toledo, and IDK, what other ones did we lose?

I just saw an article on one of them, but couldn't remember. Googled. Neal is at Az St. I think there was another went to that prep school.
IDK, Neal has some modest numbers. Not to argue with someone following their dream, particularly in a warm place. Seems to me someone else went to different pastures... my memory is shot.

I just saw an article on one of them, but couldn't remember. Googled. Neal is at Az St. I think there was another went to that prep school.
IDK, Neal has some modest numbers. Not to argue with someone following their dream, particularly in a warm place. Seems to me someone else went to different pastures... my memory is shot.
Isn’t Dasean Nelson at Texas A&M? That District Final between them and Sandusky was “Big Boy” basketball…

Previously unbeaten Liberty Benton demolished at home 65-31 by Defiance.

Is Defiance the least talked about 15-1 team ever? We'll see just how good they are in 2 weeks in the Supreme Court against OG!
I seen that come in liberty Benton don’t play anybody until tournament time but the defiance OG game is gonna be really a good game

Is Defiance the least talked about 15-1 team ever? We'll see just how good they are in 2 weeks in the Supreme Court against OG!
They are good. Perrysburg scrimmaged them early before the season and it was pretty competitive, even though Pburg only had 3 starters and a big bench player for 3 days of practice prior (due to football). They have good guards and a nice post player, which makes them well rounded.

A good win, especially with it being on their home court, but if Liberty Benton played Defiance's schedule I doubt they'd be much over .500. The game in Ottawa should be a good one

We saw earlier in the week after LB girls ran up the score on NB why the BVC is kicking them out and now we see why LB doesn't want to leave the BVC.
Not defending any team that would deliberately run up the score, but with as bad as NB is I'm not sure you can be too tough on LB for a big win. NB scored 6 points in a game earlier this season and has only be out of the 20's a couple times

Highly ranked in the PPWI - the "Perrysburg Playing Well Index." Division II rankings:

1.) Wauseon - Only lost by 35 to Perrysburg when the Jackets played well, which really should be a win when you think about it. Beat Springfield team that beat Perrysburg when they didn't play well. Beat Rossford.
2.) Defiance - competed well against a Perrysburg team that had only practiced a handful of times. Lost to Rossford in OT, but doesn't really count since they've only lost to Rossford 3 years in a row and usually beat them.
3.) Rossford - Lost to Wauseon and beat Defiance in OT (to be fair to Perrysburg, Rossford's football players are really basketball-first guys, so them only practicing a handful of times together doesn't count). Win at Perrysburg technically not a win due to an unusually good shooting night for the Bulldogs and a poor shooting night for the Jackets - and don't get me started about the officiating.
4.) Central Catholic - Lost to SFS, who Perrysburg would beat if they played. Perrysburg could have beat them if they'd brought their "A" game and you can't say they'd be better if Chico was healthy, because Perrysburg would be better, too, if all their guys played well and Boyce coached them up a little more.

Highly ranked in the PPWI - the "Perrysburg Playing Well Index." Division II rankings:

1.) Wauseon - Only lost by 35 to Perrysburg when the Jackets played well, which really should be a win when you think about it. Beat Springfield team that beat Perrysburg when they didn't play well. Beat Rossford.
2.) Defiance - competed well against a Perrysburg team that had only practiced a handful of times. Lost to Rossford in OT, but doesn't really count since they've only lost to Rossford 3 years in a row and usually beat them.
3.) Rossford - Lost to Wauseon and beat Defiance in OT (to be fair to Perrysburg, Rossford's football players are really basketball-first guys, so them only practicing a handful of times together doesn't count). Win at Perrysburg technically not a win due to an unusually good shooting night for the Bulldogs and a poor shooting night for the Jackets - and don't get me started about the officiating.
4.) Central Catholic - Lost to SFS, who Perrysburg would beat if they played. Perrysburg could have beat them if they'd brought their "A" game and you can't say they'd be better if Chico was healthy, because Perrysburg would be better, too, if all their guys played well and Boyce coached them up a little more.

I know this is supposed to be a joke (at least I hope it is), but if not..........

Defiance 61
Wauseon 38

League Races:

BVC
Comes down to L-B and Pandora-Gilboa Friday. LB undefeated in BVC, PG has 1 loss.

NBC
Will likely come down to Rossford/Genoa last game of regular season. Rossford no losses, Genoa has 1 loss (15+ loss to Rossford).

NLL
Perrysburg sits atop right now w/ 1 loss. AW, Northview, and Springfield right behind with 2 losses each. Tough week for Perrysburg. Tuesday at Northview and Friday night home against Anthony Wayne.

NWOAL
5 teams in contention and a very good 6th team, Swanton, seems to be the odd man out currently. Coin flip(s) for whoever ends on top.

TRAC
Whitmer/Central rematch in 2 weeks will be the deciding factor IMO. St. John's and Lima Senior still have outside shots if they pull some upsets.

Toledo City
Start seems to be favorite to wrap it up. Next Tuesday a win against Scott should seal the deal.

TAAC
Emmanuel should clinch with a win Friday over Stritch who they have already beaten by 16 earlier this year. Even with a loss, EC still wraps up the title.

I'm an NWOAL guy, but you can't be serious.
1-Central Catholic
2-Defiance
3-Rossford
2 and 3 could be flipped
4- Everyone else

Poe's Law in full effect for this one. I lol'd.

TRAC
Whitmer/Central rematch in 2 weeks will be the deciding factor IMO. St. John's and Lima Senior still have outside shots if they pull some upsets.
Whitmer and CC have a loss to an opponent that the other team has swept (Findlay and SFS respectively). Whitmer has already avenged their loss, but CC will have to do the same @SFS and win out as well (their remaining conference is @Lima, @SFS, Whitmer and @Clay).

Lima plays Whitmer tomorrow at home. They could force a three way tie If they split with Whitmer and CC and both of those teams win every other game (SJJ lose out). SJJ would have to split with Lima and Whitmer and hope CC loses both of those games and gets swept by SFS (please, god no) if they want a share of the title.

Strong chance someone wins a share of the TRAC with three losses, maybe even with 4-5. Of course we see the most neck and neck basketball on the conference's way out.

Fostoria 9-15-12-17 - 53
Elmwood 6-13-10-14 - 43

Fostoria (5-9, 4-5): 21-49 FG, 9-12 FT, 2-11 3pt (Johnson, O'Neal), 27 rebounds (Tucker 12), 9 turnovers. Scoring: Machi Johnson 6 5-5 18, Aidan Sprang 0 0-0 0, Kristian Carter-Stokes 2 2-3 6, Jayceon Tucker 5 0-1 10, Jordan Ferguson 6 2-3 14, Ryan O'Neal 2 0-0 5.

Elmwood (3-11, 1-8): 17-46 FG, 9-12 FT, 0-8 3pt, 33 rebounds (Wickard 13), 13 turnovers. Scoring: Will Harrison 1 4-6 6, Kade Lentz 8 3-4 19, Hayden Wickard 1 2-2 4, Adam Meyer 0 0-0 0, Zach May 1 0-0 2, Jackson Childress 4 0-0 8, Landry Seedorf 1 0-0 2, Allen Sterling 1 0-0 2.

It's been the perfect storm for Defiance this year. A combination of they are playing very well as a team and the area is average at best to just plain rotten.

It's been the perfect storm for Defiance this year. A combination of they are playing very well as a team and the area is average at best to just plain rotten.
The top 6 players in the rotation have all basically been starters for 3 years now. The last two seasons, the team was basically pretty static and I was worried it had a ceiling, but they clearly took a jump this past off season. This team has been working toward this year and I want to enjoy every minute possible because next year is going to be a big dip with the top 7 players in the rotation graduating.

Anthony Wayne 76
Perrysburg 66 (2 OT)

Anthony Wayne, Perrysburg and Springfield tied for 1st at (8-2)

Springfield at Perrysburg, Tuesday, 02/07

Last edited: