Richmond Heights Post Season Option

ColumbusCatholic

I think it’s time the OHSAA politely asks Richmond Heights if they would like to step up a division or 2 in the post season tourney this year. Any great program like that that truly wants to improve and develop their players should jump at the opportunity. If they decline that tells you all you need to know about them. The D4 tourney will be a joke with them in it.

I think it’s time the OHSAA politely asks Richmond Heights if they would like to step up a division or 2 in the post season tourney this year. Any great program like that that truly wants to improve and develop their players should jump at the opportunity. If they decline that tells you all you need to know about them. The D4 tourney will be a joke with them in it.
Totally agree. Ended up watching a part of this convoluted mess on YSNlive last night.
Could put you to sleep. Absolutely ridiculous, and I believe Edgewood isn't that bad of a D2 team.

1674932291635.png

Aaahhhh . . . the shame tactic. Like it . . .

Berlin Hiland won back to back D4 titles because of a move in from Strasburg..

everyone is doing it ..
quit crying about Richmond Hts
His mom Bought a house in the Hiland school district. 2022 2023 Richmond Heights team would beat that Hiland team by 25.

It definitely doesn't work like that.
That’s obvious it doesn’t. But who would stop it if the OHSAA gave them the option to accept a challenge = to their talents? Do you think Richmond Heights players would want to back down from the challenge of a D2 tourney? Do you think any “true” D4 would want the undercover AAU all star team to be in their tourney to determine who the “real” D4 champ was? Let’s be real about all of this

That’s obvious it doesn’t. But who would stop it if the OHSAA gave them the option to accept a challenge = to their talents? Do you think Richmond Heights players would want to back down from the challenge of a D2 tourney? Do you think any “true” D4 would want the undercover AAU all star team to be in their tourney to determine who the “real” D4 champ was? Let’s be real about all of this
Kind of a dumb question. If OHSAA did that nobody would have the authority to stop them.

I don't know any Richmond Heights players so I can't speak to if they would accept the challenge to a D2 tournament? But why stop there? Why not all the way to D1 or maybe even NCAA D3?

How do you define a "true" D4 team?

Richmond Heights has done nothing wrong. But they have Talent all over the floor playing in D4 it's no fun for them and Surely isn't any fun for the teams who they will face. They need to move up to D2.

Richmond Heights has done nothing wrong. But they have Talent all over the floor playing in D4 it's no fun for them and Surely isn't any fun for the teams who they will face. They need to move up to D2.
Why D2?

They have a D4 Enrollment I know they have D1 talent but D2 I feel would best suite them. But CB will never Move them up 2 divisions so they will Roll D4 this season get moved to D3 next season and roll again with maybe 1 or 2 closer games.

They have a D4 Enrollment I know they have D1 talent but D2 I feel would best suite them. But CB will never Move them up 2 divisions so they will Roll D4 this season get moved to D3 next season and roll again with maybe 1 or 2 closer games.
They will only get moved to D3 if their numbers force them to move to D3.

Lot of major rear end kickings coming in the postseason. Just glanced at their schedule, and saw Richmond Heights has a handful of wins against above average to good D1 teams along with Lutheran East, Harvest Prep, etc.

These guys probably would have competed for a district championship and perhaps made a regional this year if they were D1. They should ought to run over everyone in D4 and probably won't see anyone with any chance of somewhat competing until the state tournament.

Kind of a dumb question. If OHSAA did that nobody would have the authority to stop them.

I don't know any Richmond Heights players so I can't speak to if they would accept the challenge to a D2 tournament? But why stop there? Why not all the way to D1 or maybe even NCAA D3?

How do you define a "true" D4 team?
Kind of a dumb question? Before you come guns blazing calling questions dumb check your history. OHSAA has had rulings reversed and there is an appeal process. I’m not saying the OHSAA should forcibly do anything. Just give a clearly superior team the option to give their players a better and more challenging tournament experience. It would be better for everyone involved. And ultimately Richmond Heights would have the ability to decline.

"Just give a clearly superior team the option to give their players a better and more challenging tournament experience. It would be better for everyone involved."

Especially, for the small rural schools with their once in a lifetime team that has a chance to either go to Dayton or compete for a state championship but now wont because of Richmond Heights? Just looking for clarification . . .asking for a friend.

Kind of a dumb question? Before you come guns blazing calling questions dumb check your history. OHSAA has had rulings reversed and there is an appeal process. I’m not saying the OHSAA should forcibly do anything. Just give a clearly superior team the option to give their players a better and more challenging tournament experience. It would be better for everyone involved. And ultimately Richmond Heights would have the ability to decline.
Who would challenge OHSAA if they merely gave an option for them to move up? I guess maybe the folks in D3, D2, or wherever you want to place them.

While we are at it...any other teams you want OHSAA to give options to move up so they can clear space for your team?

Who would challenge OHSAA if they merely gave an option for them to move up? I guess maybe the folks in D3, D2, or wherever you want to place them.

While we are at it...any other teams you want OHSAA to give options to move up so they can clear space for your team?
For real. We didn’t say nothin when Marion Local had a nice run in D4 for a few years. Let these kids play and chill man. It’s not that serious.