Dover 2022/2023

I think that would be a great league. Geography, facilities, competitiveness- it makes sense. I think the EBC would need to fold first, to make that happen though.
I'm pretty sure Minerva would like to get out, and try to get into the IVC,I see West Branch and Salem heading up to the Warren or Youngstown area to find a league, Carrollton would they be interested in a league like this with Dover,NP, Wooster, they have played Louisville in the past and current members Alliance and Marlington,EBC how much longer will they last who knows,I guess just something to think about

I'm pretty sure Minerva would like to get out, and try to get into the IVC,I see West Branch and Salem heading up to the Warren or Youngstown area to find a league, Carrollton would they be interested in a league like this with Dover,NP, Wooster,and Louisville and Alliance, Marlington,I could see the EBC folding in the near future, maybe
That’s a good point. If Minerva leaves soon, and assuming Wooster wants to stay in the OCC, I see two iterations that make a lot of sense/would be much more ideal than Dover joining the OCC:

If West Branch and Salem stay, the remaining 5 schools should add Louisville, Dover, and Phila for an 8 team league.

If West Branch and Salem leave- Alliance, Marlington, and Carrollton join with Louisville Dover, and Phila for a 6 team league. Not as ideal as an 8 team league, but better travel for Dover and Phila. The longest drive would be Phila to Alliance, which is only 45 minutes. This is much better than a potential OCC membership IMO.

Perry in town tonight,Dover needs to stay focused Panthers will not go down without a fight. Huge game coming up Friday with 10-2 Parkersburg South.

Dover vs Perry on Big Time Sports TV replay tonight at 10:30pm (t county only). Weds 3pm whole network. We also post all games and game stories and scores on our website bigtimesportsohio.com

I know it doesn’t really matter, but I’m curious- does the ISA game actually count as a regular season game? I’ve seen some places list Dover with 1 loss (Phila), and others list them with 2 (Phila and ISA). It also looks like ISA doesn’t play in the post season, so I just wondered how that’s classified.

Yes it should count as a loss, Hiland played Hudson Western Reserve Academy last season and lost and they are not in the ohsaa tournament

Good win for Dover 59-50 over Parkersburg South.
Dover led almost the entire game but always less than 10 points. Parkersburg has some players and height,Dover did a great job on the boards,I think they had 29 rebounds.
Steubenville comes to townFriday

Last edited:
I know it doesn’t really matter, but I’m curious- does the ISA game actually count as a regular season game? I’ve seen some places list Dover with 1 loss (Phila), and others list them with 2 (Phila and ISA). It also looks like ISA doesn’t play in the post season, so I just wondered how that’s classified.
No, it doesn’t count. Dover played Hudson Western Reserve in football and it didn’t count either (COVID year)

No, it doesn’t count. Dover played Hudson Western Reserve in football and it didn’t count either (COVID year)
Count for what? There are no computer points in basketball. You played the game right, it counts as part of your record. Does a game not count if you play an out of state team? They aren’t eligible for OHSAA playoffs.

Count for what? There are no computer points in basketball. You played the game right, it counts as part of your record. Does a game not count if you play an out of state team? They aren’t eligible for OHSAA playoffs.
Traditional out of state schools definitely count, but I was wondering about ISA, as they’re a prep school with I think kids who have already graduated high school (I could be wrong on that). Like you said, it doesn’t really matter with no computer points in basketball. But I was just more curious if OHSAA recognizes it in their official record/official all time wins/losses.

One thing I noted last night, between coaches Gunther,Miller and Matt the reserve team has rarely lost but they got taken to the woodshed last night, Parkersburg looked like a varsity team and played like it and the freshman team looked really good for them as well.

funniest thing I saw last night was the Parkersburg manager putting 4 cups of water on a chair to be ready for the next time out then seeing the star player sitting on the chair without looking,some very wet britches.

I know a lot of people don’t take the WV wins very seriously, but it looks like Parkersburg South had a few decent Ohio wins. They beat 9-6 D1 Dublin Coffman, and good small school Tri-Village. Overall, seems like a good opponent.

Anyone know where Dover is in the OVAC standings?
I am hearing that our rival will be moving up to D1 in basketball and D2 in football next year with 372 boys.

I am hearing that our rival will be moving up to D1 in basketball and D2 in football next year with 372 boys.
They’re in 2nd place behind Morgantown in the 5 A division
They have the same record but they’re behind in percentage points. I have no clue how they figure those out

I would not be surprised to see this but what I have read on the OHSAA website it appears that divisions are fixed for 22-23 & 23-24 school years, so no changes until 24-25 school year. Unless I am reading this incorrectly, which is possible.

I would not be surprised to see this but what I have read on the OHSAA website it appears that divisions are fixed for 22-23 & 23-24 school years, so no changes until 24-25 school year. Unless I am reading this incorrectly, which is possible.
You might be right on that point,or maybe that add back portion for schools that sponsor on line schools (Quaker digital ) would cause an early adjustment.

You're right, partially.
Enrollment numbers are locked and will stay the same for this school year and next.
However, competitive balance numbers can change each year and that may change a schools division assignment.

That’s a good point. If Minerva leaves soon, and assuming Wooster wants to stay in the OCC, I see two iterations that make a lot of sense/would be much more ideal than Dover joining the OCC:

If West Branch and Salem stay, the remaining 5 schools should add Louisville, Dover, and Phila for an 8 team league.

If West Branch and Salem leave- Alliance, Marlington, and Carrollton join with Louisville Dover, and Phila for a 6 team league. Not as ideal as an 8 team league, but better travel for Dover and Phila. The longest drive would be Phila to Alliance, which is only 45 minutes. This is much better than a potential OCC membership IMO.
I believe Carrollton is the now the smallest school in the EBC and our elementary classes are even smaller yet. My guess is Carrollton is a lot closer to joining the IVC than it is to jumping in a league such as the one mentioned above.

That will never happen Carrollton in the IVC, I'd say Minerva has better chance than Carrollton, but I guess you should never say never, I see IVC trying to add one more team in the north and south divisions some day to make it an eighth teams in each division

Dig-It Carrollton is not the smallest in the league , but they are all very close.
Alliance 312
Marlington 260
Carrollton 245
Salem 235
Minerva 231
West Branch 230.
Then if this league would ever happen, which I can't see it happening,
Wooster 426
Dover 363
Louisville 357
New Philly 340