Who is best fit for the NE8 moving forward.

sbfan10

Think about the surrounding area in Youngstown. Who would be the best fit for the NE8 FOOTBALL ONLY

I have a sneaky suspicion it'll be Beaver Local.
We had them on Arbiter for a home&home starting this year, however the trip to Struthers was 24 is suspiciously removed. Perhaps the wheels are already in motion to add the Beavers to the NE8.
Make you wonder. :rolleyes:

Beaver local would be good also
Only problem I see is they will not want to leave ovac and they have requirements.
Don't know if that would conflict

They play Hubbard also.

East Liverpool Beaver Local
08/18 H Struthers
08/25 A Salem
09/01 A Minerva
09/08 H East Liverpool
09/15 A Keyser (WV)
09/22 H Niles McKinley
09/29 A Hubbard
10/06 A Wintersville Indian Creek
10/13 A Cambridge
10/20 H Cortland Lakeview

They play Hubbard also.

East Liverpool Beaver Local
08/18 H Struthers
08/25 A Salem
09/01 A Minerva
09/08 H East Liverpool
09/15 A Keyser (WV)
09/22 H Niles McKinley
09/29 A Hubbard
10/06 A Wintersville Indian Creek
10/13 A Cambridge
10/20 H Cortland Lakeview
Definitely making their schedule more difficult, the last season they were like 8-2 or 7-3 with a bunch of wins against Wv opponents. Hard to tell if they were actually good or not

The best option going forward is going to be Salem or west branch or both. Howland is a soccer school.
Personally, though? I would absolutely love to see Cardinal Mooney in the conference. That would push the conference to a new level of prestige and competitively.

We had them on Arbiter for a home&home starting this year, however the trip to Struthers was 24 is suspiciously removed. Perhaps the wheels are already in motion to add the Beavers to the NE8.
Make you wonder. :rolleyes:
I thought EL and BL were considering the EBC? A lot of drive time for them to go up to Niles and Lakeview.

Like to see someone put up a poll of who should join the NE8 and see who gets the most yes votes
Howland
Salem/ WB
East Liverpool / Beaver local
Alliance/ Marlington
Canfield
Mooney/ Ursuline
Chaney

I thought EL and BL were considering the EBC? A lot of drive time for them to go up to Niles and Lakeview.
EL was basically a done deal then they pulled out last minute. AD at the time was all for it and then the BOE said no. BL was a "pair" with EL but it never materialized.

The EBC will remain at 6 teams until someone leaves. Then its game over

Selfishly, I would be open to Beaver Local since they would be a close school for South Range to have on the schedule and they fit the NE8 in enrollment numbers. If the NE8 were to add two schools, then Salem and West Branch would also work well as they both also provide SR with close rivals.

If the EBC folds, why not have a nine-team NE8 with Beaver, Salem, and West Branch all joining? If I'm not mistaken, the MAC has a nine-team league and they seem to be pretty successful.

It appears that BL is the front runner. I think WB and Salem would be great fits as well. What about JFK? The only thing holding them back is their enrollment size.

I think its gonna be Beaver Local. Especially if they fare well against the NE8 this year. Right now, I think they’re clear favorites against Niles and Lakeview and I think Hubbard is a toss up. My gut says Struthers will be better, but it wouldn’t surprise me at all if BL wins. But if they get hammered in every game, they might reconsider.
BL will be good this year, QB is a stud. But I have no idea how good they’ll be next year and beyond. They have put together 3 straight winning seasons and will probably make it 4 this year. I doubt they drop off to where they were the last time they were in a conference with Mahoning Valley schools.

I don’t think it’ll be Salem or West Branch. Salem has shown little if no interest in leaving the EBC. Salem does play Poland week 1 this year, which is the first time those two have met since the old MAC days (2007). And aside from a home and home with Niles in 2011 and 2012, Salem hasn’t scheduled any other NE8 teams since they left the AAC in 2011. I do think WB would be more open. They’ve scheduled Girard and Struthers in recent years and play Girard again this year and Hubbard next year. But I think the two are a package deal. Currently only 1 opening in the NE8. And if one or both wanted to join the NE8, they probably wouldn’t have agreed to what I presume are home and homes in weeks 1 (Poland/Salem and Hubbard/WB in 2024) and week 3 (Girard/WB).
So I think they’re both gonna stay put until the EBC folds and then figure out what to do.

Howland would be ok, on the same level as Niles. I do think they’d fit in well in every other sport, though. Chaney would make the most sense. They’d definitely be my first choice, but I think they’re a package deal with Youngstown East. And they’ve shown no interest in leaving the SVC. Canfield is a big reason why the NE8 broke away from the AAC, so I cant see them getting an invite. And Mooney and Ursuline… lmao!

Beaver Local looks like the answer. My guess is BL plays out their remaining contracts this year and if everything works out they’ll officially join the NE8 in 2024.
On Arbiter, BL’s 2024 schedule is only showing St. Clairesville in week 3. The schedule would look something like this…
8/23 ?
8/30 ?
9/6 @ St. Clairesville
9/13 Poland
9/20 Girard
9/27 @ Niles
10/4 Hubbard
10/11 @ Struthers
10/18 South Range
10/25 @ Lakeview

Struthers has finalized their schedule for 2023.
The missing opponent for the September 1st game is now Brookville Area High School, PA
Home opener for the Wildcats.
Glad we figured it out.

:banana: :banana: :banana:

1674496867435.png

Attachments

• 1674496639331.png
    1674496639331.png
    164.5 KB · Views: 29
  • Brookville at Struthers 090123.png
    Brookville at Struthers 090123.png
    620.6 KB · Views: 27
I think its gonna be Beaver Local. Especially if they fare well against the NE8 this year. Right now, I think they’re clear favorites against Niles and Lakeview and I think Hubbard is a toss up. My gut says Struthers will be better, but it wouldn’t surprise me at all if BL wins. But if they get hammered in every game, they might reconsider.
BL will be good this year, QB is a stud. But I have no idea how good they’ll be next year and beyond. They have put together 3 straight winning seasons and will probably make it 4 this year. I doubt they drop off to where they were the last time they were in a conference with Mahoning Valley schools.

I don’t think it’ll be Salem or West Branch. Salem has shown little if no interest in leaving the EBC. Salem does play Poland week 1 this year, which is the first time those two have met since the old MAC days (2007). And aside from a home and home with Niles in 2011 and 2012, Salem hasn’t scheduled any other NE8 teams since they left the AAC in 2011. I do think WB would be more open. They’ve scheduled Girard and Struthers in recent years and play Girard again this year and Hubbard next year. But I think the two are a package deal. Currently only 1 opening in the NE8. And if one or both wanted to join the NE8, they probably wouldn’t have agreed to what I presume are home and homes in weeks 1 (Poland/Salem and Hubbard/WB in 2024) and week 3 (Girard/WB).
So I think they’re both gonna stay put until the EBC folds and then figure out what to do.

Howland would be ok, on the same level as Niles. I do think they’d fit in well in every other sport, though. Chaney would make the most sense. They’d definitely be my first choice, but I think they’re a package deal with Youngstown East. And they’ve shown no interest in leaving the SVC. Canfield is a big reason why the NE8 broke away from the AAC, so I cant see them getting an invite. And Mooney and Ursuline… lmao!

Beaver Local looks like the answer. My guess is BL plays out their remaining contracts this year and if everything works out they’ll officially join the NE8 in 2024.
On Arbiter, BL’s 2024 schedule is only showing St. Clairesville in week 3. The schedule would look something like this…
8/23 ?
8/30 ?
9/6 @ St. Clairesville
9/13 Poland
9/20 Girard
9/27 @ Niles
10/4 Hubbard
10/11 @ Struthers
10/18 South Range
10/25 @ Lakeview
Beaver local would be Jefferson all over again except everyone would need to travel south instead of north for a game nobody would care about aka rivals.
Add Howland, Salem and West Branch and make the league 10 teams! Only week 1 is OOC just like the MAC conference. This would be a dream come true for all the ADs 😄 All the other sports would be very competitive too. But very boring for Yappi in the off season with only 1 OOC game to talk about.
I think Chaney would raise the competitive bar in a lot of sports including football, if they were added but limited fan support.

The Brookville Raiders! Vacation at near by Cook Forest and go to Brookville often when there. Home of Brookville bats...builder of major league baseball bats!!

From the other thread Canfield wouldn't want in because everyone is small for them.
That's why they will never be in a league again
Totally false, lol they approached the league last season. They love being the big fish. That’ll never change. Canfield could supplement the league schedule by scheduling middle of the road d 3’s and d 2’s. But I’m glad they aren’t in the league. Because of their nonsense. Single handedly ruined the aac.

I agree BL makes the most sense. But I also think BL has been playing a very bad schedule as of late and the NE8 would be a huge step up in competition.

I’m sure all schools would have to be on board. I find it very hard to believe a school like lakeview would agree to a teams up in competition to join.

I also think BL has a very good team coming back that’s why they beefed up the schedule for next year