Notre Dame

Would love Vrabel in a bizarro world where Ryan Day gets fired in the next year or so, but I just don’t see it ever happening. By all accounts the reason he made the jump to the NFL nearly a decade ago is because he absolutely loathed recruiting and the recruiting game is an even bigger mess than it was back then. Maybe going from 38 and a recent player to 47 and removed has softened his stance there but I get the feeling it hasn’t.

Enough about OSU: outside of Hartman coming in, Styles returning and the OL being it’s usual self what’s going on for ND’s offense next year? I assume all 3 of ND’s RBs will be back but is there a current freshman or recruit likely to jump any of them? Is the next great ND TE coming through the pipeline?
Tyree is probably gone. And there’s no Mayer or Rudolph coming in at TE. They’ve got a bunch of good TEs, but none that will be AA/1st Round pick. Saban really wanted their incoming TE from De La Salle but that’s more bc he’s more of a traditional TE, that’s on the LOS rather than a Flex TE/WR hybrid.

Neither ND or OSU are much of a threat to win a title next season but I guess one can claim they are the best team in the midwest.

I disagree. OSU will be top 4 next season. At least they should be.
They were top 4 this year and didn't win with a team that will be better than next season. I don't care that they're top 4, they need to win and I don't see that happening. It's Georgia and Bama and the rest are far behind.

Looks like the Domers are in line to add OSU’s Javonte Jean Baptiste. Great depth guy, would think ND’s DE’s are incredibly weak if he’s expected to start.

Good rotational piece as a 3rd and preferably 4th edge guy.
Exactly. Bothello is going to have a huge yr. He’s shown flashes up to this point, but now he’s finally going to start. It didn’t help he was in Kelly’s dog house before he left.