2023 Wadsworth GIT this Saturday 1/21 @ 9 am

Direct link to the 2023 GIT...https://www.trackwrestling.com/tw/predefinedtournaments/VerifyPassword.jsp?tournamentId=679156132

2023 Team List (12), Cincinnati LaSalle, Cincinnati Moeller, Cuyahoga Valley Christian Academy, Detroit Catholic Central, Findlay, Massillon Perry, Nordonia, Olentangy Liberty, Parkersburg WV, Streetsboro, St Paris Graham, and Wadsworth.

9 am start........Finals projected approx 5 pm
1674052981736.png

https://www.flowrestling.org/signuLIVE STREAM, follow the tournament on FLO if unable to attend in person

1674053052526.png

Come out and enjoy a great day of wrestling! Thanks for your continued support!

1642778321835.png

wadsworthwrestling.com

Wadsworth High School

625 Broad Street

Wadsworth, OH 44281

Going off last year's schedule taken from Track, we fell into the bracket around 1, and semis were started at roughly 2:30.
The start of the bracket is the quarters round. There were some really good quarter matches last year

Would like to see Eds participate in more Ohio tournaments. Brecksville, Maumee, and Wadsworth are all great options for them. I would love to see Eds at Wadsworth, with Green Team guys there as well. I don't really understand how it works with points as far as tournament scoring? But it would definitely help in filling up the brackets.

Big I don't think that is in the cards. The Eagles are in IL this weekend. Michigan last weekend. Will face 7 ranked teams in the last two weeks. All duals. Just a better fit for the Eagles.

With 14 weight classes and a 16-team bracket there would be a total of 224 lines to potentially fill. Just FWIW I went on trackwrestling and counted 167 wrestlers entered. Many teams of course won't have full rosters and a number of them had entered extras (Wadsworth had 21). I'm thinking that a lot of teams already have their wrestlers committed to other events, and that we should expect a good number of byes.
Its only a 12 team pool to bracket, it hasn't been 16 teams for 4 or 5 years.
None of the Free Agents have been invited/ entered yet because teams have until tonight to enter lineups.

Big I don't think that is in the cards. The Eagles are in IL this weekend. Michigan last weekend. Will face 7 ranked teams in the last two weeks. All duals. Just a better fit for the Eagles.
I totally get that. I do have a question for you. Why isn't Eds Green team involved in more of the better tournaments? I think they could perform well at all the above mentioned tournaments. If you took away the " B Team " name I am sure most tournaments would welcome their line up. Just curious and not trying to get anyone rattled.

I totally get that. I do have a question for you. Why isn't Eds Green team involved in more of the better tournaments? I think they could perform well at all the above mentioned tournaments. If you took away the " B Team " name I am sure most tournaments would welcome their line up. Just curious and not trying to get anyone rattled.
I can't speak for the program but my guess would be many members of he green team are very young and not ready for those types of tournaments. Not to mention (just like this weekend) several will be taken to IL as back ups and get a match or two in. The green team wrestled at the CIT this past weekend and only sent 12 wrestlers. I believe the Eagles only had only champ. Which is great but take them to this type of an event doesn't really help them grow. The Eagles have had great success over the last 4 decades. I think the coaching staff knows what is best for the program.

I can't speak for the program but my guess would be many members of he green team are very young and not ready for those types of tournaments. Not to mention (just like this weekend) several will be taken to IL as back ups and get a match or two in. The green team wrestled at the CIT this past weekend and only sent 12 wrestlers. I believe the Eagles only had only champ. Which is great but take them to this type of an event doesn't really help them grow. The Eagles have had great success over the last 4 decades. I think the coaching staff knows what is best for the program.
Great insight. I was thinking it may be more to do with tournaments not wanting Eds Green Team participating. I have no clue and am purely speculating. You are definitely right, the coaching staff know what they're doing.

Great insight. I was thinking it may be more to do with tournaments not wanting Eds Green Team participating. I have no clue and am purely speculating. You are definitely right, the coaching staff know what they're doing.
I would wonder then why they go to one extreme to wrestle the most difficult schedule with the Gold Team to looking for easier competition for the Green Team? That doesn't make sense to me bc now you may have a 215 lb and HVW that may be stepping in and I am sure the coaches want them prepared as best as possible.

My guess is that most tournaments don't want Eds unless they're bringing the Gold Team . I hope I am pardoned, It's just my assumption.