Titans Getting New $2b Domed Stadium

How about building the domes in Cleveland and Cincinnati and have the Buckeyes alternate all their home games between the two cities?
Hell, bengals just got an indoor practice facility. Up until now they had to go use UCs if the weather got too bad!

Sorry, but a domed stadium is inevitable. But, considering how long it took for gambling to be ratified in this largely bucolic state, and the idea of legalized marijuana to be considered, I would look for domed stadia in Cleveland and Cincinnati to happen around 2250.
I’m looking forward to that…. I’ll only be 93 years old!

I believe the Bengals will ask for a new stadium as early as this offseason. With Paul Brown needing half a billion in repairs they‘ll push that the smart thing to do would just build a new one. And I really think strong consideration will be given to either a dome or retractable roof.

Use momentum of a winning team and possibility of hosting the Super Bowl to sway voters

I believe the Bengals will ask for a new stadium as early as this offseason. With Paul Brown needing half a billion in repairs they‘ll push that the smart thing to do would just build a new one. And I really think strong consideration will be given to either a dome or retractable roof.

Use momentum of a winning team and possibility of hosting the Super Bowl to sway voters

Cincinnati voters are going to be pretty wary, since they really got ripped off with the last stadium " deal."

Last edited:
Very mean spirited comment. Not all major league cities have burning rivers!
Even if you ever wanted to move them, Columbus would never be a place to go. Too much Ohio State, and that's not changing.
If you're the Bengals, you have to ask for a new stadium while the iron is hot. You've got a good young team, a franchise quarterback and the fans are geeked about the team. Now does that mean they get a new stadium, who knows.

Even if you ever wanted to move them, Columbus would never be a place to go. Too much Ohio State, and that's not changing.
If you're the Bengals, you have to ask for a new stadium while the iron is hot. You've got a good young team, a franchise quarterback and the fans are geeked about the team. Now does that mean they get a new stadium, who knows.

If the Bengals were to move cities - San Diego. The Brown family has had a family home/compound in La Jolla (very well to do San Diego seas side suburb) for 30 + years.

The Bengal franchise value would increase by $500 mil to $1 billion just by moving to Southern California and a new stadium. Cost the the Browns family - probably less than 25% of the cost in building a new stadium. NFL owners chip in $500 mil and n new stadium construction and the other 1/2 would come from San Diego tax payers.

Cincinnati voters are going to be pretty wary, since they really got ripped off with the last stadium " deal."

Correct

“Never let the tax payers know all the details”, is what the owners tell the county commissioners. Unless the tax payers in all NFL cities put there foot down then it’ll be teams threatening to leave/leaving for new stadium deals instead of spending their own money to build a stadium that is 98% beneficial to their bottom line.

“Never let the tax payers know all the details”, is what the owners tell the county commissioners. Unless the tax payers in all NFL cities put there foot down then it’ll be teams threatening to leave/leaving for new stadium deals instead of spending their own money to build a stadium that is 98% beneficial to their bottom line.

I guess it's even more heinous when a county commissioner who was instrumental in securing the bad deal goes to work for the owner.