Updates: St. Edward vs Springfield (12/2/22)

That was one year. How many State championships did Colerain win besides that year?

They had a great shot in 95' they beat Brunswick 49-7 in the state semi's and were going to play St. Ignatius in the final when they had to forfeit the Brunswick game. [Iggy won the title 41-21]

I believe Springfield played Cincinnati Moeller last week, I also recall Springfield played Moeller last year as well and the coach wasn’t saying separate public school and private school titles, also Massillon doesn’t say that either when they win only when they lose. Sounds like crying over spilled milk!!

I wonder did the QB that transferred into Springfield was recruiting it was it by pure luck! He was a very good QB that undoubtedly gave them a boost this after losing smoot.

I wonder did the QB that transferred into Springfield was recruiting it was it by pure luck! He was a very good QB that undoubtedly gave them a boost this after losing smoot.
From what I understand the young man's dad coaches for the Springfield team. I will mention that the head coach at Springfield has a reputation for recruiting, but history says in has assistant coaches will to take the heat when caught.

They had a great shot in 95' they beat Brunswick 49-7 in the state semi's and were going to play St. Ignatius in the final when they had to forfeit the Brunswick game. [Iggy won the title 41-21]
I think In 2018 maybe, they were state runner-up, to St Ed ..

I can’t give you that number, but to your point, a large number of students (athletes and mathletes alike), are receiving some level of financial assistance. I don’t know why some choose to run from that fact, or that private schools have inherent advantages in accumulating their student body. Just the same, it’s ridiculous for public school purists to act like we have to engage in illegal recruiting to get kids to come to the school.

Specifically to St. Edward, the football roster has taken on much larger geographic footprint since 2010. Success often begets success.

You seem to be obsessed with private schools, get help and worry about getting Massillon's 1st championship, and then we'll welcome you to the big boy table.

Maybe D3 would be a possible solution:giggle:

As usual, you are lying. I am not obsessed to with private schools. In fact, I don’t support separation of public and private schools in sports. In regards of obsession, look in the mirror, you are the one that always appears in many Massillon threads. That is the definition of obsession.

More than you think. Vouchers are limited, and don't pay the freight.

I get it. You don't like private schools competing with public schools because you believe privates have an unfair advantage. My point is that advantage (to the extent it exists) isn't free. It comes with a steep price tag.

St Edward loses more kids (athletes and non-athletes alike) over the course of four years due to the cost of education than they attract for football. And St Edward is not a private school with an unlimited endowment fund. As an alumnus, I receive weekly pleas from St Edward for money to fund education.

I'd prefer a system where large public schools that don't want to compete with St Ed, Ignatius, Moeller, X, and Elder can opt into other divisions.

I personally think a Toledo Central Catholic v. St Edward rematch would have been a more competitive game than what I watched last night.

More than you think. Vouchers are limited, and don't pay the freight.

I get it. You don't like private schools competing with public schools because you believe privates have an unfair advantage. My point is that advantage (to the extent it exists) isn't free. It comes with a steep price tag.
Don't presume so much out of your defensiveness. I was merely asking how many really pay the full freight. For the record, my youngest goes to a parochial school, Padua.

Wow! Of course you would remember. Your knowledge is sometimes creepy.
Use of this reference is creepy? (https://www.ohsaa.org/sports/football/pastresults)

1670112203782.png

I’ve memorized all of Massillon’s OHSAA state championships. I’ve been to all of them. Actually, everyone’s been to all of them. 😹
You've memorized all of Massillons state championships but admitted that you didn't even know about the coaches and fans FROM YOUR OWN SCHOOL attacking a referee....

"I'll start worrying when Massillon ceases to consume your every thought."

Massillon, yet again....won more playoff games THIS YEAR....than Jackson has won ALL TIME.

But we're flattered that you memorize all of our contests and their results.
Always the 'witty' deflectionist.

Person A made a statement.

Person B proved person A wrong with facts, facts that are readily available to all on the OHSAA website.

You chime in with a non-sequitur about Jackson as you are prone to do. It's your modus operandi.

No matter how you want it to be true since your basis is always 'everybody should worship us as we are the greatest', NOBODY has Washington contests and results memorized, but we all know where to look for the information. Databases are wonderful things. Simple SQL knowledge can get you a treasure trove of information.

Last edited:
Always the 'witty' deflectionist.

Person A made a statement.

Person B proved person A wrong with facts, facts that are readily available to all on the OHSAA website.

You chime in with a non-sequitur about Jackson as you are prone to do. It's your modus operandi.

No matter how you want it to be true since your basis is always 'everybody should worship us as we are the greatest', NOBODY has Washington contests and results memorized, but we all know where to look for the information. Databases are wonderful things. Simple SQL knowledge can get you a treasure trove of information.
Um....did I NOT post facts?

I really felt for the Springfield team because the LOS just wasn't a fair fight. It is really tough for an OL made up of freshmen and sophomores to compete with a Defense like St Edwards. The Springfield kids never gave up, but it was just an impossible task to ask those young players to block the St Edwards defense.

Facts, but irrelevant facts, as usual.

The sun will rise tomorrow. Fact, but not relevant to the topic.
Lol, yes....because we know everyone stays on topic and NEVER strays on Yappi. Especially on Massillon threads.

Matter of fact....the post I was responding to....was responding to a post....who was responding to a post about Massillon....ON A ST. ED VS SPRINGFIELD THREAD. Where is your "relevant" rant for them?

You've memorized all of Massillons state championships but admitted that you didn't even know about the coaches and fans FROM YOUR OWN SCHOOL attacking a referee....

"I'll start worrying when Massillon ceases to consume your every thought."
I’m busy so I don’t follow girls soccer as closely as you do.

I did have a free second so I just managed to watch all of Massillon state championship game wins.