Division V State Championship: Ironton (15-0) vs. South Range (15-0)

Who wins?

• Ironton by 17+

Votes: 6 3.7%
  • Ironton by 8-16

Votes: 13 7.9%
  • Ironton by 1-7

Votes: 27 16.5%
  • South Range by 1-7

Votes: 39 23.8%
  • South Range by 8-16

Votes: 52 31.7%
  • South Range by 17+

Votes: 27 16.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I actually saw somewhere that this SR team was a little disappointed with no Kirtland. They feel this is their team that could beat them. I thought that was unrealistic when I read it. But then SR has had this playoff run and beat Perry 2 weeks ago worse than Kirtland did. Now I honestly kinda wonder.
A lot of people think they can beat Kirtland until they get on the field and have to do it.

That series for Ironton was just absurd with the penalties and how the quarterback got his helmet taken off and took a huge hit

Halftime Stats (shows Ironton with 3 TDs)

1670000550718.png

As I have said before, SR is a team loaded with D-II & III players overwhelming a team with 2 D-I commits. 11 on 11 it’s a mismatch. Also thought Ironton would have trouble playing in the NE8. They just aren’t that competitive.

As I have said before, SR is a team loaded with D-II & III players overwhelming a team with 2 D-I commits. 11 on 11 it’s a mismatch. Also thought Ironton would have trouble playing in the NE8. They just aren’t that competitive.
One thing you do know is D3 athletes

why on God’s earth did Spectrum think it was a good idea for the halftime OHSAA interview to be “ask Bob Goldring about what OHSAA is doing about the organization’s communication pertaining to COVID in Fall/Winter 2022”

This hasn’t been topical or significant to HS football fans for at least a year. Dumb and boring.

Prediction South Range 45 Ironton 21
Meant to post this earlier but never sent I guess...

Big call here. Perkins fumbled, but did he have full possession? It's very close. I think you could justify either argument.

They overturn it to an incomplete pass. Hopefully Ironton fans don't pout about officials anymore. Huge break for Ironton.

Big call here. Perkins fumbled, but did he have full possession? It's very close. I think you could justify either argument.

They overturn it to an incomplete pass. Hopefully Ironton fans don't pout about officials anymore. Huge break for Ironton.
Yeah. Glad Ironton got stuffed on 4th down. There wasn’t enough to overturn that

Keyes does not impress me at all. Very weird that a player like him can get an offer to play in the Big Ten while Sperling is going to Buffalo? Those roles should be reversed. Keyes is highly overrated

Ironton played too sloppy. They didn’t give themselves a chance
They lost to a much better team. Seems like Ironton always gets blown out by teams that are close to them or possibly exceed them in ability. They don’t appear to be too well coached and get away with it playing the weak schedule that they do

Keyes does not impress me at all. Very weird that a player like him can get an offer to play in the Big Ten while Sperling is going to Buffalo? Those roles should be reversed. Keyes is highly overrated

Keyes dad runs his own recruiting service, and Pendleton has lots of D1 connections. He does a great job of getting players to D1 schools. As of now, none have made an impact at the D1 level. That's always been Pendleton's recruiting tactics, telling kids of other schools he can get them to D1. And, honestly, he does. But I wouldn't say they've had success once they get there.