W.O.A.C 2022-2023

Bradford got off to a good start to the season at Legacy Christian. This was my first time going to this gym. Very tough place for visiting fans to watch the game. We had to sit upstairs where there were only 3 rows of seats and it was hard to see between the 3 rows of railings and the posts. Court level seemed to be reserved for home team and they only had 3 rows of bleachers too. Looks like a few more WOAC teams will be playing there this year.
Visitors can sit on the far side of the gym behind the teams benches and beside the scorers table.

That old school always makes me a bit somber as I enter it, not sure how many of you remember the old Woodrow Wilson school or simply known as Xenia Wilson . It was the school for the orphaned children of soldiers and sailors. I remember playing them in a class A tournament game at UD arena. They were always pretty bad as far as I knew. Good to see Legacy Christian doing something with that old building.

Last edited:
Visitors can sit on the far side of the gym behind the teams benches and beside the scorers table.

That old school always makes me a bit somber as I enter it, not sure how many of you remember the old Woodrow Wilson school or simply known as Xenia Wilson . It was the school for the orphaned children of soldiers and sailors. I remember playing them in a class A tournament game at UD arena. They were always pretty bad as far as I knew. Good to see Legacy Christian doing something with that old building.
I understand your personal connection, but that is a terrible place to play a HS basketball game 😄

I actually stood one time by the doors between the the two sets of little bleachers on the "visitors" side. Basically behind the visiting team's water jugs.

It's an interesting place for sure.

I actually stood one time by the doors between the the two sets of little bleachers on the "visitors" side. Basically behind the visiting team's water jugs.

It's an interesting place for sure.
Yes it is, but so much better since they made the court wider.

E303E0CC-B079-40D3-8213-AE712378DF37.jpeg

I don't know. I'll ask around at the game Friday.
Also seen the Coach is Jay Hall. He’s been there a few years now and I know it takes good kids and kids buying in how has he been received now after awhile? I read the Article in the daily advocate he said Bradford was on a 44 game losing streak when he took over. Now talked about competing for the league. Community has to be thrilled.
1. He’s stuck around (a lot of turnover at Bradford through the years)
2. They are winning

Where did he come from?

Wider? How long ago was that? Kids are almost standing on the bleachers to inbound now.
Guess I got side tracked and forgot to respond. I looked at some old photos of the gym from back when it was narrow and I would guess 2015 or so was when the remodel was completed. I want to say they added something like 6 feet of width, but lost two or three rows of seating on the far side of the gym where the teams and scorers table are located. Not only was it difficult to play in before, it was downright unsafe. I know in 2013 it was still the narrow court, but not sure on exact remodel date.