Division VI State Championship: Marion Local (15-0) vs Kirtland (15-0)

Who wins?

• Marion Local by 17+

Votes: 17 8.9%
  • Marion Local by 8-16

Votes: 56 29.5%
  • Marion Local by 1-7

Votes: 54 28.4%
  • Kirtland by 1-7

Votes: 38 20.0%
  • Kirtland by 8-16

Votes: 20 10.5%
  • Kirtland by 17+

Votes: 5 2.6%

• Total voters

EagleFan

Fan of Eagle
Old friends meet again. 4th time these 2 have matched up in state finals. Can Marion Local even up the title series?

2015 Kirtland 22 Marion Local 20
2017 Marion Local 34 Kirtland 11
2018 Kirtland 16 Marion Local 7

Old friends meet again. 4th time these 2 have matched up in state finals. Can Marion Local even up the title series?

2015 Kirtland 22 Marion Local 20
2017 Marion Local 34 Kirtland 11
2018 Kirtland 16 Marion Local 7
Hopefully not…though I am sure Marion Local will be favored in this one

How big is Kirtland this year? I always feel they have been significantly larger than Marion and that causes problems.
Not like the 2018 team that had the 300lb bookend tackles. Without knowing Marion Locals makeup I’m going to guess Kirtland is not any bigger

Not like the 2018 team that had the 300lb bookend tackles. Without knowing Marion Locals makeup I’m going to guess Kirtland is not any bigger
In fact one of Kirtland’s tackles played at 250 last year and dropped to just over 200 this year. From what I have heard he is playing much better at 200

How big is Kirtland this year? I always feel they have been significantly larger than Marion and that causes problems.
Back in 2017 Marion Local had one lineman just shy of 300, yet extremely skilled. I believe he went on to Notre Dame. He gave Kirtland fits and dominated. That is the year Marion Local put a running clock on Kirtland

I do expect a fairly low scoring game. Both teams have elite defenses and both teams are very disciplined in their play.

I would say it’s going to come down to the trenches, but back in 2018 Kirtland was winning the trenches with their 300 lb tackles, but couldn’t break big runs because every time the RBs got past the line they were met by a LB (I think his last name was Fleck).

ML 20 Kirtland 7

QB, Tate Hess who does not get much pub will be the difference in this game, decent passing QB but a good athlete who is very good running with the football in his hand. Hopefully Meier will be near 100 %.

The difference in ML’s game against CG was definitely the QB and their punter was exceptional if the QB doesn’t have a great game ML could be in trouble with Kirkland if they are as good as they have been