Division 1 Semi Final: Archbishop Moeller (13-1) vs Springfield (12-1)

Who wins and by how much?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dude… get a life. lol

The Moe qb change is so bizarre. The Dunn kid had good numbers and they were winning. The other odd thing is they brought up the freshman over the 2nd stringer (Robinson). What happened to Dunn and Robinson? The freshman looked “ok” in the 2 games that I watched, but not good enough to leap those other two.
The qb change and the horrible late-game play-calling has to have moe fans scratching their heads.
Also, surprised to see Marshall come off the field as much as he did. Is that normal for him? He’d come in, run twice, and ask for a break. Or, they’d start a series and he would not be in.
I had the impression Marshall's play time was intentionally being limited, maybe as a precaution because of his injury last week and how the other RBs were very effective last week.

Dude… get a life. lol

The Moe qb change is so bizarre. The Dunn kid had good numbers and they were winning. The other odd thing is they brought up the freshman over the 2nd stringer (Robinson). What happened to Dunn and Robinson? The freshman looked “ok” in the 2 games that I watched, but not good enough to leap those other two.
The qb change and the horrible late-game play-calling has to have moe fans scratching their heads.
Also, surprised to see Marshall come off the field as much as he did. Is that normal for him? He’d come in, run twice, and ask for a break. Or, they’d start a series and he would not be in.
What made it worse is when Marshall did come onto the field, with a single back formation, you knew who was getting the ball. Man in motion revealed exactly where they were going to run the ball. Moeller has always been good with receiving tight ends, but didn't use them last night. Nor did they use play fakes to any degree of effectiveness. No type of deception on offense whatsoever.

They keep players (RB included) rotating in and out for play(s) and/or series to keep them “fresh”. Most schools do not have this luxury. And although I understand the concept, I am not sure I agree with it when there is no next week if you lose.

Last edited:
last 2 years were all Centerville kids in Bball with state title & runner-up! Not this year and don't like it for Centerville kids that were waiting their turn.
What's Cupps supposed to do? Tell the transfers, "Sorry boys, we don't want ya and I'm not gonna play ya, cause I've got these other guys that were waiting there turn."
Well welcome to life gentlemen. In any endeavor you ultimately undertake, there will be "competition" for spots. Get used to it. Maybe the "turn-waiters" will decide they'd better get a little bit better. Sorry to be so harsh, but that's what life teaches...Wish it were different, but it ain't.

What's Cupps supposed to do? Tell the transfers, "Sorry boys, we don't want ya and I'm not gonna play ya, cause I've got these other guys that were waiting there turn."
Well welcome to life gentlemen. In any endeavor you ultimately undertake, there will be "competition" for spots. Get used to it. Maybe the "turn-waiters" will decide they'd better get a little bit better. Sorry to be so harsh, but that's what life teaches...Wish it were different, but it ain't.
Is he saying that to play HS sports, you must have lived and grew up in the community for 10 years and attended grade school and middle school there? Otherwise, you're banned from tryouts? There's no such thing as "waiting your turn" because you lived there the longest.

There is no doubt Marshall's playing time was being limited last night. I know Moeller likes to rotate RBs but they have never rotated RBs as much as they did last night during crunch time. We all know what injury Marshall had last week so there is more to the story because Weeder was in the game on some plays which made no sense. Also really question the play calling down the stretch by Moeller, what were they thinking? There will be some things come to light in the next few days because one thing we all know, the Moeller Coaching Staff likes to talk.

Is he saying that to play HS sports, you must have lived and grew up in the community for 10 years and attended grade school and middle school there? Otherwise, you're banned from tryouts? There's no such thing as "waiting your turn" because you lived there the longest.
Everyone gets an equal shot, period. Now, "tweaking the playing time" and getting everyone to play there "role" within the system is where great coaching and team leadership set the bar and determine if you'll be good, really good, or great. We'll see. I think Cupps' is up to it.

They keep players (RB included) rotating in and out for play(s) and/or series to keep them “fresh”. Most schools do not have this luxury. And although I understand the concept, I am not sure I agree with it when there is no next week if you lose.
I guess keeping Marshall fresh last night had a different definition than it did during other games this season. There is no doubt something else was being factored into how much time Marshall spent on the sidelines.

I guess keeping Marshall fresh last night had a different definition than it did during other games this season. There is no doubt something else was being factored into how much time Marshall spent on the sidelines.
It may have been his injury from last week and they were being extra cautious with him. But, it still defied logic not giving him the ball on critical drives and 3rd/4th downs. I really don't understand why they tried to move to a long pass game with 4 minutes left, 3 TOs and only down 4 points.

It may have been his injury from last week and they were being extra cautious with him. But, it still defied logic not giving him the ball on critical drives and 3rd/4th downs. I really don't understand why they tried to move to a long pass game with 4 minutes left, 3 TOs and only down 4 points.
It doesn't take a football guru to figure out something was going on that Moeller was trying to hide with Marshall. Given how well he played when he was in the game limiting his touches in crucial situations is eye popping.

It doesn't take a football guru to figure out something was going on that Moeller was trying to hide with Marshall. Given how well he played when he was in the game limiting his touches in crucial situations is eye popping.
I don't want to think that, with what we all know today about concussions. If there was something to hide, then he probably shouldn't have played at all. Still, in the final minutes, why pass? Use the other RBs that they used last week. It almost looked like they got desperate and wanted to try to compete with Schondelmyer's pass game. With 4 minutes left?? They had the perfect amount of time to kill clock, run down there and score leaving no time left for SHS. I dunno.

I don't want to think that, with what we all know today about concussions. If there was something to hide, then he probably shouldn't have played at all. Still, in the final minutes, why pass? Use the other RBs that they used last week. It almost looked like they got desperate and wanted to try to compete with Schondelmyer's pass game. With 4 minutes left?? They had the perfect of time to kill clock, run down there and score leaving no time left for SHS. I dunno.
Lets hope a kid who was coming off a head/neck type injury wasn't playing less than 100 percent

Lets hope a kid who was coming off a head/neck type injury wasn't playing less than 100 percent
Well, their coach said that wouldn't happen. I'll take his word for that. But, maybe during the game, something may have happened and they took him out to be on the safe side.

Probably not. It'll be fun watching you flash your lady parts and disappear again if Ed wins. lol.
Probably not? So there's still a possibility? There are only 2 bandwagon left. And you don't have much time. Although, it's unlikely SHS would approve your application.

Nothing to hide. I would not overthink this one. Saying just as a statement, not argument.

The point was, overall, Springfield couldn't run the ball.
The point is, SHS does whatever it takes to get the job done and is going to play for the D1 state championship for the 2d year in a row. Not losing in the regional semifinals for the hundredth time in the past 31 years. But I understand how you wouldn't be able to relate to that...

Last edited:
The kid from Kentucky is actually from Springfield. His uncle is a coach at shs as well and he did not go back to kentucky he started for Princenton
I don’t think that helps the they don’t recruit stance. You are saying he moved from Springfield came back to play for his uncle who coaches at the school saw he wasn’t starting and left? And we are supposed to believe the uncle never mentioned hey you should come up here and try to play for us we need a qb.

I’ll call it now. There is at least a 90% chance the trotwood qb somehow ends up at SHS next year.

I don’t think that helps the they don’t recruit stance. You are saying he moved from Springfield came back to play for his uncle who coaches at the school saw he wasn’t starting and left? And we are supposed to believe the uncle never mentioned hey you should come up here and try to play for us we need a qb.

I’ll call it now. There is at least a 90% chance the trotwood qb somehow ends up at SHS next year.
Hillary, SHS already has their next qb. It's Chris Wallace's son.

SHS penalties and poor Special Teams play kept Moeller in this game.
I will say Moeller also killed themselves with too many holding penalties that got them behind the chains to far as they could not throw the ball making it difficult to sustain drives.

I will say Moeller also killed themselves with too many holding penalties that got them behind the chains to far as they could not throw the ball making it difficult to sustain drives.
This was a key factor. Maybe the single most important one. Moeller moved the ball fine on the ground to the tune of nearly 250 yards. Seemed like all the holding calls were on first down runs with some for nice gains. There were no holding calls all game on pass plays which felt odd.

This was a key factor. Maybe the single most important one. Moeller moved the ball fine on the ground to the tune of nearly 250 yards. Seemed like all the holding calls were on first down runs with some for nice gains. There were no holding calls all game on pass plays which felt odd.
Think Moeller losing their edge rusher was bigger factor then the penalties.

Schondo showing he can move and keeping his eyes downfield while being hit was huge as well he took some shots

Think Moeller losing their edge rusher was bigger factor then the penalties.

Schondo showing he can move and keeping his eyes downfield while being hit was huge as well he took some shots
Losing Martin definitely was a factor. He had 16 sacks and 23 TFL on the season but went out early.

1669559410284.png

Status
Not open for further replies.