DV State Semi-Final: Valley View (13-1) vs Ironton (14-0)

Who Wins?

• Valley View

Votes: 31 35.6%
  • Ironton

Votes: 56 64.4%

• Total voters
Is this game going to be available to watch on Spectrum? Would love to catch the game but unfortunately won’t be able to make it down to Princeton due to having to work late.

Irontons wr is a transfer from a local school that has been Irontons overall best offensive weapon for three years now. Unless you have a shut down corner, you’re not going to be able to man him up. Burg had a corner who could easily run with him and essentially contained him enough. That’s why the score was 12-3. It was 6-3 until late fourth quarte

Ironton QB is exceptionally accurate. Doesn’t hold it long.

valley views best game plan will have to be control the time of possession and keep Ironton offense off the field. Because you really will have to contain them. They are very hard to stop. Offense line is good but not great. Their weakness is running the football but they do a good job of out flanking you so they can run it enough to keep you honest.

Defensively, they are good but they aren’t lockdown. Their best defense is their team speed. Pretty quick to the ball. But they aren’t big up front except one kid is pretty stout but he goes both ways I think. He’s pretty good.

If valley view can contain Perkins in a couple of series, I can see them able to upset the tigers. Right now Ironton seems to be the favorite in this game. imo
Nobody but you cares if a kid transfers. It figures you'd be sure to post that first. You fail to mention Ironton/Wheelersburg game was week 1 of the season. Week 15 Ironton is definitely not the same team, as shown by Ironton shutting out Harvest Prep 34-0 in the regional finals, the team that beat your Burg team the week before. BTW Perkins would make a fool out of that corner you brag about. Fact.

Go Tigers!

Is this game going to be available to watch on Spectrum? Would love to catch the game but unfortunately won’t be able to make it down to Princeton due to having to work late.

It looks like they will only have it online:

Friday, November 25

Live television games available on Spectrum News 1,
http://SpectrumNewsApp.com and http://OHSAA.tv

Northern Ohio and Central Ohio:
Division I Semifinal – Gahanna-Lincoln vs. Lakewood St. Edward at Mansfield Arlin Field
Southwest Ohio:
Division I Semifinal – Springfield vs. Cincinnati Archbishop Moeller at Piqua Alexander Stadium
Bonus Game Coverage on Ch. 314:
Division II Semifinal – Akron Archbishop Hoban vs. Massillon Washington at University of Akron InfoCision Stadium-Summa Field

Live streaming games available at http://OHSAA.tv
Division II Semifinal – King Mills Kings vs. Toledo Central Catholic at Wapakoneta Mercy Health Wapak Ford Field
Division III Semifinal -- Parma Heights Holy Name vs. Canfield at Euclid Community Stadium
Division III Semifinal -- Tipp City Tippecanoe vs. Carroll Bloom-Carroll at London Bowlus Field
Division V Semifinal -- Germantown Valley View vs. Ironton at Cincinnati Princeton Jake Sweeney Automotive Stadium
Division V Semifinal – Liberty Center vs. Canfield South Range at Clyde Robert J. Bishop Jr. Stadium

Nobody but you cares if a kid transfers. It figures you'd be sure to post that first. You fail to mention Ironton/Wheelersburg game was week 1 of the season. Week 15 Ironton is definitely not the same team, as shown by Ironton shutting out Harvest Prep 34-0 in the regional finals, the team that beat your Burg team the week before. BTW Perkins would make a fool out of that corner you brag about. Fact.

Go Tigers!
Only you took it that way. I literally complimented Ironton and their team and you only concentrated on the word transfer. I didn’t even use the word recruit. Valley view fans, you should take note, Ironton has had a lot of transfers in the last four to five seasons. Their fans are very touchy when you bring it up or mention it.

And he didn’t make a fool out of him. In this years game and last years playoff. The kid who covered him will play corner in college and do quite well.

Perkins had 1 catch for 6 yards this year and 0 in last years playoffs. Only evidence I need.

Last edited:
Let it be noted that wheelersburg has had A LOT of kids from neighboring districts and even kids from Ironton & Ashland play for them over the years. And the competitive balance # for Ironton & wheelersburg is nearly the same. Only evidence I need...
Maybe you didn't mean anything by using the word transfer. I don't know. I'd just like to see you place the word in front of the burg players from Minford, Portsmouth, South Webster, etc.
Back to the game. No disrespect to VV. But, Ironton will have to lay an egg to lose this game. Just my opinion...could be wrong.

It’s hard to put a prediction on this game because neither fan base has seen the other team play. It’s the final 4 so both teams are very good, it’s just a matter of whose stars make more plays in this game, Irontons RB/WR? Or VVs QB/H Back

Irontons wr is a transfer from a local school that has been Irontons overall best offensive weapon for three years now. Unless you have a shut down corner, you’re not going to be able to man him up. Burg had a corner who could easily run with him and essentially contained him enough. That’s why the score was 12-3. It was 6-3 until late fourth quarte

Ironton QB is exceptionally accurate. Doesn’t hold it long.

valley views best game plan will have to be control the time of possession and keep Ironton offense off the field. Because you really will have to contain them. They are very hard to stop. Offense line is good but not great. Their weakness is running the football but they do a good job of out flanking you so they can run it enough to keep you honest.

Defensively, they are good but they aren’t lockdown. Their best defense is their team speed. Pretty quick to the ball. But they aren’t big up front except one kid is pretty stout but he goes both ways I think. He’s pretty good.

If valley view can contain Perkins in a couple of series, I can see them able to upset the tigers. Right now Ironton seems to be the favorite in this game. imo
I agree with all of this assessment. I worry about #3. He’s tall, he’s athletic, and Ironton likes to get him 1 on 1 and throw it up to him.

Only you took it that way. I literally complimented Ironton and their team and you only concentrated on the word transfer. I didn’t even use the word recruit. Valley view fans, you should take note, Ironton has had a lot of transfers in the last four to five seasons. Their fans are very touchy when you bring it up or mention it.

And he didn’t make a fool out of him. In this years game and last years playoff. The kid who covered him will play corner in college and do quite well.

Perkins had 1 catch for 6 yards this year and 0 in last years playoffs. Only evidence I need.
You feel it's important to post about transfers in every post you make about Ironton. You do it feel self righteous about your team. Especially on the other site. You are obsessed with it. Like the Burg never gets transfers, lol. Touchy about it, no, it's your way of taking a subtle slap at Ironton. It's your MO. At this point in the season the Tigers would beat your Burg worse than week one. I suggest you stop your phony praise about Ironton and stay off our threads if you can't take getting called out. You are predictable and boring.

Back to Ironton/Valley View. This should be an exciting game between two good teams. At this point turnovers/penalties are real game changers.
If the Tigers play like last week, they will win this one, imo.

Go Tigers!

You feel it's important to post about transfers in every post you make about Ironton. You do it feel self righteous about your team. Especially on the other site. You are obsessed with it. Like the Burg never gets transfers, lol. Touchy about it, no, it's your way of taking a subtle slap at Ironton. It's your MO. At this point in the season the Tigers would beat your Burg worse than week one. I suggest you stop your phony praise about Ironton and stay off our threads if you can't take getting called out. You are predictable and boring.

Back to Ironton/Valley View. This should be an exciting game between two good teams. At this point turnovers/penalties are real game changers.
If the Tigers play like last week, they will win this one, imo.

Go Tigers!
You only validate my touchy point with this response.

Everything I said in my post is accurate and true and it’s not praise. They are valid observations about Irontons football team.

Let it be noted that wheelersburg has had A LOT of kids from neighboring districts and even kids from Ironton & Ashland play for them over the years. And the competitive balance # for Ironton & wheelersburg is nearly the same. Only evidence I need...
Maybe you didn't mean anything by using the word transfer. I don't know. I'd just like to see you place the word in front of the burg players from Minford, Portsmouth, South Webster, etc.
Back to the game. No disrespect to VV. But, Ironton will have to lay an egg to lose this game. Just my opinion...could be wrong.
You always get those local people from good programs that can’t stand seeing another program doing better. He’s just a troll. Go Ironton

Looking forward to seeing a great game tonight. Two classic programs facing off and hopefully will see a competitive game. Let’s go Valley View

We've got as good as chance as anyone to win tonight, so why not us? We're underdogs and we know it, but those young men and fans in navy/white believe and that's why they play the game...Go Big Blue!