Division V Semifinal: R17 South Range (14-0) vs R18 Liberty Center (14-0) at Clyde

Who will advance to the Division V State Championship game?

• South Range

Votes: 78 66.7%
  • Liberty Center

Votes: 39 33.3%

• Total voters
The sewer lines were not extended, and South Range paid the city of Canfield for the water main to be extended down 46 to the school. Canfield didn't do it out of their own goodwill or because they wanted to, neither party had much choice in the matter.
South Range school and athletic complex are all on wells and septic. No sanitary sewers or city water is available. Both are in an unincorporated part of Beaver township, with a Canfield mailing address. There is an easement along the rt 46 right of way but SR doesn’t have the $$ to pay for 3-4 miles of waterlines.

South Range school and athletic complex are all on wells and septic. No sanitary sewers or city water is available. Both are in an unincorporated part of Beaver township, with a Canfield mailing address. There is an easement along the rt 46 right of way but SR doesn’t have the $$ to pay for 3-4 miles of waterlines.
Well I suppose it is possible that they requested an easement for a water main for distribution and a meter vault but never ended up installing the main or meter due to it being cost prohibitive. I just recall around the time the new school was being built they were starting operations at the underground well that accepts wastewater from fracking and there was fear of contamination of the nearby well water so that made them pursue looking into hooking up with Canfield city water. And I think I recall that there may have been some minor water quality issues when they did testing on the well water. But this was sometime ago so my memory is kind of foggy. The only thing I know for sure is South Range Board of Education granted an Easement to Canfield for a water main and vault, because I saw the paperwork several days ago, whether the water actually got hooked up I don't know, but even if it is not hooked up the easement is still in place for the main and vault.

Update found this paoerwork for South Range

Attachments

• 20221125_132111.jpg
    20221125_132111.jpg
    181.2 KB · Views: 27
  • 20221125_132132.jpg
    20221125_132132.jpg
    273.9 KB · Views: 32
LC needs to avoid turnovers and have one heck of a game from their defensive backfield in order to pull this one out.

This SR team is probably the best team in the Mahoning Valley. I would have liked to see them against Ursuline and Canfield.
Me too. This is one of those years that South Range could beat Canfield or Fitch, why they don't play is beyond me.
Fitch would beat everyone in the area including Canfield and South Range.
Canfield would have lost to South Range during the regular season had they played, now Canfield is playing much better ever since the Aurora game they seemingly flipped a switch.
In the tri-county area irrespective of division, it would be Fitch, Canfield, South Range, and then Ursuline. Not sure about where to slot in WGH though, they play a really tough schedule.

Not to be a contrarian, BUT in regards to the seating situation, the state predetermined home and away, it had nothing to do with tickets sold previously.
Yes and South Range is the designated home team and is being given the vistors side.

Well I was wrong and apologize. I just talked to a head coach who said this was the first time he had ever heard it done that way