First Set of Rankings for the 2022-23 Season

No tanner spaulding at Lasalle?
Guessing he is not projected to beat out Huhn or Marengo?
I had heard a week ago from a LaSalle teammate that he was moving (or has moved) to Georgia.
That seems like a good reason too. ;)

Holden Huhn and Eli Marengo are in different weight classes than Tanner Spalding. Huhn and Marengo are great wrestlers, teammates, and competitors... Aiden Allen as well.

I can confirm that Tanner Spalding is now in Atlanta at the Woodward Academy.

We are back! Thank you, Boro!!!!

Eds and Perrysburg look to be the 2 front runners once again, last year's battle between the 2 was great to follow, and I'm sure this year won't be any different.

St. Eds with the crazy depth. Off the top of my head they could see the following all n the green team who I think could place at state this year....

Maczur
O'Brien
Hopkins
Gregory

Amongst a few others. Can't wait for the season to get started!
I think the key to success is depth. BUT healthy Perrysburg healthy under Scotty’s direction is deadly! This would be a great chess match / Dual to watch. All JMO

I think the key to success is depth. BUT healthy Perrysburg healthy under Scotty’s direction is deadly! This would be a great chess match / Dual to watch. All JMO

Eds will most likely get off to a slow start as 3-4 starters are on the football team. They look destined for another state title run as they are in the final 4 right now.

Updated - www.borofanohio.net

D1: 120, 126, 132, 138, 144, 157, 165, 175, 190
D2: 106, 113, 120, 126, 132, 138, 144, 150, 157
D3: 106, 113, 120, 132, 138, 144, 150, 157

Happy Thanksgiving!
Wow! With the recent movement within the Wadsworth lineup Boro has projected Wadsworth above Brecksville. Are both teams projected top 20-30 in the nation? Look forward to watching that dual

Wow! With the recent movement within the Wadsworth lineup Boro has projected Wadsworth above Brecksville. Are both teams projected top 20-30 in the nation? Look forward to watching that dual
It's more like other wrestlers moving this latest jump. I believe the last impactful Wadsworth lineup change came when Joy bumped back down to 132 (can't remember if he dropped or Ayoub jumped. The latest big change since last ranking is D'Alessandro to 132 bumping Jett down 1. Any of the top 3 can win on any given day with Joy the overall slight favorite.

If we see four teams score over 140 points I'll be amazed and have an entertaining weekend. The draws and consolation attrition will create havoc for everybody. Eds/ Perrysburg exiting Perrysburg district. Brecksville/wadsworth/perry coming out of Hoover will cause some of those teams to lose guys before the state tournament.
I know its just rankings and based off wrestlers strengths but at some of the weights an entire districts is missing.

It's more like other wrestlers moving this latest jump. I believe the last impactful Wadsworth lineup change came when Joy bumped back down to 132 (can't remember if he dropped or Ayoub jumped. The latest big change since last ranking is D'Alessandro to 132 bumping Jett down 1. Any of the top 3 can win on any given day with Joy the overall slight favorite.
Joy's been at 132 since they first came out. Just recently Mellon dropped to 126 and the upper middle weights all dropped.

Last edited:
If we see four teams score over 140 points I'll be amazed and have an entertaining weekend. The draws and consolation attrition will create havoc for everybody. Eds/ Perrysburg exiting Perrysburg district. Brecksville/wadsworth/perry coming out of Hoover will cause some of those teams to lose guys before the state tournament.
I know its just rankings and based off wrestlers strengths but at some of the weights an entire districts is missing.
Massilon Perry (9-10 SQ), Wadsworth (10-11 SQ), and Brecksville (10-11 SQ) will completely dominate the Hoover District. That will represent well over half of all SQ from that district.

Joy's been at 132 since they first came out. Just recently Mellon dropped to 126 and the upper middle weights all dropped.
Which is why I emphasized (can't remember if he dropped or Ayoub jumped). I thought Boro had Mellon at 126 for a week or 2 (I could be wrong). D'Alessandro bumping Jett from 2 to 3 at 132 is a few points in itself.

Which is why I emphasized (can't remember if he dropped or Ayoub jumped). I thought Boro had Mellon at 126 for a week or 2 (I could be wrong). D'Alessandro bumping Jett from 2 to 3 at 132 is a few points in itself.
No disrespect for D'Alessandro (excellent wrestler), but don't see him above Jett, just my own opinion.

It's just a stated opinion and not based of facts. Using last years results does have some merit but using results from two years ago at 106 has much less. Delassandro will compete and that weight class looks really solid