Walk the walk

Can I ask why is it so important in an election that the loser concedes? Elections are nothing but contests to come up with a winner. I think of all the other contests I can think of and no where do losers have to give a concession speech. If I run for office and win the most votes I know I am the winner I do not need the loser to tell me I won and congratulate me. All winner know just like losers know. Having losers give a speech changes nothing, even to the point that the loser might feel or believed they were cheated out of victory.

Can I ask why is it so important in an election that the loser concedes? Elections are nothing but contests to come up with a winner. I think of all the other contests I can think of and no where do losers have to give a concession speech. If I run for office and win the most votes I know I am the winner I do not need the loser to tell me I won and congratulate me. All winner know just like losers know. Having losers give a speech changes nothing, even to the point that the loser might feel or believed they were cheated out of victory.
Concession denotes acceptance of the process. I would not do so in AZ within 4-5%. No way. We do not know enough yet

What are the customs of your competitive activity? In Ohio high school football and basketball, the players get in lines, opposing one another and exchange handshakes. In the Stanley Cup, the loser engages in the best of concession speeches. The teams, who were beating c rap out of each other 10 minutes ago, show each other brotherly love.

In politics, I want the opponents to stand up for the idea that “I disagree with you, but I respect you”….don‘t even care if it’s true. It’s an important ritual. Knowing you may need to do that might temper the instinct to behave badly during the campaign.

There‘s only one person in politics who’s incapable of it. Maybe Kari Lake can be #2. Same guy who doesn’t know to behave when someone dies. Same guy who ridicules someone who was a tortured prisoner of war for 5 years.

What are the customs of your competitive activity? In Ohio high school football and basketball, the players get in lines, opposing one another and exchange handshakes. In the Stanley Cup, the loser engages in the best of concession speeches. The teams, who were beating c rap out of each other 10 minutes ago, show each other brotherly love.

In politics, I want the opponents to stand up for the idea that “I disagree with you, but I respect you”….don‘t even care if it’s true. It’s an important ritual. Knowing you may need to do that might temper the instinct to behave badly during the campaign.

There‘s only one person in politics who’s incapable of it. Maybe Kari Lake can be #2. Same guy who doesn’t know to behave when someone dies. Same guy who ridicules someone who was a tortured prisoner of war for 5 years.
A person of your probable intellect that ignores the ongoing conduct of HRC and Stacey Abrams is nothing but a disingenuous turd. Kari Lake must be at least “your #4”, regardless of how ill-informed you may be. How can anyone take you seriously ?

Please just stop

A person of your probable intellect that ignores the ongoing conduct of HRC and Stacey Abrams is nothing but a disingenuous turd. Kari Lake must be at least “your #4”, regardless of how ill-informed you may be. How can anyone take you seriously ?

Please just stop
Simple issue…you lose, you offer an insincere congratulations…

What does that have to do with those two women?

Simple issue…you lose, you offer an insincere congratulations…

What does that have to do with those two women?
I think the younger members of the Republican party are done with the, “ I promise I’ll only put the head in..,” of traditional political niceties, when opposed by the media apparatus. The election day railings must be getting tiresome by now.

I will say one thing, I wouldn’t have responded if this had been the only post you made. Your little preamble up there got my attention.

An attorney friend of mine is going through chemo now. If your closing arguments are on YouTube anywhere, can you direct me to them ? The friend is always looking for a bit of comic diversion to occupy him through the drip.

I think the younger members of the Republican party are done with the, “ I promise I’ll only put the head in..,” of traditional political niceties, when opposed by the media apparatus.
You and your kook buddies are the problem. Mitch agrees with me.

• Haha
Reactions: y2h

Hillary?

Pelosi?

Hillary?

Pelosi?
HRC 2016…

“Last night, I congratulated Donald Trump and offered to work with him on behalf of our country. I hope that he will be a successful president for all Americans. This is not the outcome we wanted or we worked so hard for and I’m sorry that we did not win this election for the values we share and the vision we hold for our country.”

I don’t think Ms. Pelosi has ever lost an election.

HRC 2016…

“Last night, I congratulated Donald Trump and offered to work with him on behalf of our country. I hope that he will be a successful president for all Americans. This is not the outcome we wanted or we worked so hard for and I’m sorry that we did not win this election for the values we share and the vision we hold for our country.”

You're claiming that they "respect" Trump?

HRC 2016…

A child of privilege in an insular district that was bestowed upon her ? I would think not.

Last edited:
You're claiming that they "respect" Trump?
So I have to repeat myself because you want to play this dishonest game.

What I said…

In politics, I want the opponents to stand up for the idea that “I disagree with you, but I respect you”….don‘t even care if it’s true. It’s an important ritual.

What I said…

In politics, I want the opponents to stand up for the idea that “I disagree with you, but I respect you”….don‘t even care if it’s true. It’s an important ritual.
That time has passed and is not coming back anytime soon.
Actions by many over the years is the reason for this, not the least of one side calling the other side bigots and racists for decades.

What I said…

And if Trump played by your rules with his common man agenda, he’d have been rapidly marginalized into irrelevance by the mono-party’s globalist media.

Civility is over-rated. Happy Thanksgiving.

Trump is the first guy in history to go after a political opponent?

Romney was a "bully" in high school. Also he wanted to kill grandma. Kavanagh is a rapist even though the alleged victim can't remember a single detail and no one can corroborate her allegations. Just a couple quick examples out of thousands.

HRC 2016…

And spent the time since telling everyone who'll listen she was cheated in an illegitimate election. She even wrote a book about it 🤷‍♂️

What I said…

i know what you said, but I'm tired of being lied to and manipulated.

Apparently you enjoy being a mope.