W.O.A.C 2022-2023

Galluch isn’t better than our top two. Not even close I have seen them all play.
Not a comparison, point was how the same site said CC has help for him and may win the region in one article and that he has no help and can't win their league in another article. Kills the credibility of this sites rankings

Maybe, but sites like Prep Hoops are ridiculous. They did a WOAC preview and picked TV to win the league but ranked PS 6th in Ohio and didn't even mention TV. 🤡

Just looked at D4 and they ranked Catholic Central 6th as well, but picked them third in their conference behind Cedarville (D4 - not mentioned) and Greeneview (D3)
Can you post the D4 rankings or provide a link? I get a kick out of these rankings and the inconsistencies you call out.

Can you post the D4 rankings or provide a link? I get a kick out of these rankings and the inconsistencies you call out.
By way of the rankings Dyt/Cincy would be:
1. Ft Loramie (picked behind JC in the SCAL preview)
2. CC (picked behind Cedarville (and Greeneview) in the OHC preview)
3. Botkins (picked behind JC and Ft Loramie in the SCAL preview)

No mention of Cedarville or Jackson Center in the state rankings

1. Richmond Heights​

The Spartans won last year in dominant fashion, winning every playoff game comfortably. The Spartans graduate a lot of senior production but bring back Sophomores Dorian Jones and De’Erick Barber from their state title winning team. The addition of Hosea Steele cemented the Spartans as the top team in Division IV as they stay at the top.

2. Marion Local​

I was in attendance for their playoff loss to Antwerp last season and walked away very impressed with their team. Jack Knapke and Austin Niekamp is the best 1-2 big duo in this Division and if their guards make open shots it will be tough to beat this team.

3. Cardinal Stritch​

NW Ohio always has talent in Division IV and this season is no different. Cardinal Stritch has some intriguing pieces including Breon Hicks , Tommie Taylor , Owen Yost and more.

4. Fort Loramire​

The guard duo of Caleb Maurer and Ethan Keiser will be tough to stop as both are seniors and looking to take the next step towards competing for a regional title.

5. Hannibal River​

My new top team in the east district, they are led by Ty Long but have a lot of talent from their football program which has also been very successful with this current group of athletes.

6. Springfield Catholic Central​

Tyler Galluch is a match-up nightmare at the Division IV level and he’s got some help around him. I expect this team to compete for a regional title.

7. Colonel Crawford​

Dropping down a Division from III to IV, Colonel Crawford lost some talented pieces including Mason Studer and Carter Valentine, but bring back enough talent to keep them in the top 10.

8. Antwerp​

They graduate Jagger Landers but Landon Brewer is back and this program has done a lot of winning the past five years.

9. Berlin Hiland​

All this team does is win, despite an expected down season they still managed to make it to the final four. We’ll see if their magic happens again.

10. South Webster​

The most talented Division IV school in southeast Ohio after Lucasville Valley moves up to Division III. Eli Roberts is a Division I prospect and the Jeeps have some other talent returning.

Honorable Mention (Alphabetical)​

Botkins, Caldwell, Convoy Crestview, Cornerstone Christian, Dalton, Fort Recovery, Latham Western, Toledo Christian

1. Richmond Heights​

The Spartans won last year in dominant fashion, winning every playoff game comfortably. The Spartans graduate a lot of senior production but bring back Sophomores Dorian Jones and De’Erick Barber from their state title winning team. The addition of Hosea Steele cemented the Spartans as the top team in Division IV as they stay at the top.

2. Marion Local​

I was in attendance for their playoff loss to Antwerp last season and walked away very impressed with their team. Jack Knapke and Austin Niekamp is the best 1-2 big duo in this Division and if their guards make open shots it will be tough to beat this team.

3. Cardinal Stritch​

NW Ohio always has talent in Division IV and this season is no different. Cardinal Stritch has some intriguing pieces including Breon Hicks , Tommie Taylor , Owen Yost and more.

4. Fort Loramire​

The guard duo of Caleb Maurer and Ethan Keiser will be tough to stop as both are seniors and looking to take the next step towards competing for a regional title.

5. Hannibal River​

My new top team in the east district, they are led by Ty Long but have a lot of talent from their football program which has also been very successful with this current group of athletes.

Tyler Galluch is a match-up nightmare at the Division IV level and he’s got some help around him. I expect this team to compete for a regional title.

7. Colonel Crawford​

Dropping down a Division from III to IV, Colonel Crawford lost some talented pieces including Mason Studer and Carter Valentine, but bring back enough talent to keep them in the top 10.

8. Antwerp​

They graduate Jagger Landers but Landon Brewer is back and this program has done a lot of winning the past five years.

9. Berlin Hiland​

All this team does is win, despite an expected down season they still managed to make it to the final four. We’ll see if their magic happens again.

10. South Webster​

The most talented Division IV school in southeast Ohio after Lucasville Valley moves up to Division III. Eli Roberts is a Division I prospect and the Jeeps have some other talent returning.

Botkins, Caldwell, Convoy Crestview, Cornerstone Christian, Dalton, Fort Recovery, Latham Western, Toledo Christian
what’s Preps hoops say about the WOAC? I know they do a preview?

1. Richmond Heights​

2. Marion Local​

3. Cardinal Stritch​

4. Fort Loramire​

5. Hannibal River​

7. Colonel Crawford​

8. Antwerp​

9. Berlin Hiland​

10. South Webster​

Interesting considering Jackson Center returns the bulk of their team and beat Loramie in district semifinals before losing to a Central team who lost a lot to graduation. Not sure anyone would be surprised to see Dayton Christian, Troy Christian, legacy Christian or Cedarville beat Central in the second round or district semifinal this year.

As we get closer to the Boys season to start, the girls basketball starts today with many WOAC teams playing, here's the schedule
National Trail at Belmont
Arcanum at Bishop Fenwick
Dixie at Madison
Tri-County North at Northridge
Twin Valley South at Carlisle
Mississinawa Valley at Lehman Catholic
Chaminade Julienne at Tri-Village

Big arrow how’s the arrows looking?
They looked good last Saturday with two wins. 1st game of the season is brutal going against the kid going to Purdue. I expect the Arrows to be much better this year Hawley looked great and young guys from last year looked more comfortable after a year or two in coaches system should be a interesting year in the WOAC.

They looked good last Saturday with two wins. 1st game of the season is brutal going against the kid going to Purdue. I expect the Arrows to be much better this year Hawley looked great and young guys from last year looked more comfortable after a year or two in coaches system should be a interesting year in the WOAC.
Will Shrout get to match up against the Purdue recruit? Would be great to see Shrout do well against him.

They taking the cake?

Did Ansonia or TV seasons get pushed back a week at all or are they starting this weekend or next like everyone?
I’m guessing they would’ve already moved games back if they were pushing back a week. I’m not sure if they play this weekend or not but if they don’t I would believe they would be fine to start on time.