2022 Regional Final Neutral Sites

If the line markers appear to be moving in Wapakoneta or Findlay, it's probably just the 40,000 minks that got let loose in Van Wert have made it that far.
Minks have a near 2-1 numbers advantage on the population of Van Wert, and the element of surprise. I expect the battles to be fierce.

Lol, Chris Broussard has "multiple sauces" that say both Drew Carey and The Miz opted out from attending this game when it was announced it would be played at Maple Heights.

That may be an obscure reference for a HS football message board, but Broussard is a Holy Name alum (and unfortunately an NBA meme). My sauces tell me Broussard will not be there, either.
Great reference! Where is Broussard these days? He wouldn't even be credible on Yappi 😂

I'm only doing this to rile up the Massillon fans (hopefully they don't take it too serious), but I heard Holy Name alum Jack Squirek will be at Byers and not Maple. When asked, the answer was that he wanted to see Massillon lose again at Byers.

(Squirek coached at Normandy when they beat Massillon at Byers in 2007)

I'm only doing this to rile up the Massillon fans (hopefully they don't take it too serious), but I heard Holy Name alum Jack Squirek will be at Byers and not Maple. When asked, the answer was that he wanted to see Massillon lose again at Byers.

(Squirek coached at Normandy when they beat Massillon at Byers in 2007)
I thought Squirek was from Cuyahoga Heights HS?

I thought Squirek was from Cuyahoga Heights HS?
I see that is what his wikipedia page shows. Interesting because there is an autographed picture of his on the wall at Holy Name as you walk into the gym, so I always figured he was a Namer.

His HS days align with when Holy Name moved from Slavic Village to Parma Heights, so maybe he started out at Holy Name and then went to Cuyahoga Heights when the school moved.

Last edited:
Good ole OHSAA putting the teams in the oddest places. :rolleyes:
It's going to be a hoot with all those folks from Massillon and Hartville trying to get from I77 and Pleasant Valley going West to Ridge Road and then North to Byers. 12-15 traffic lights? It's brutal any night at 5pm. Half the crowd from the two Parma parochials could've walked to the game.

Fine, and I can accept that, so why not put Massillon vs. Lake in Brunswick which holds 10,000? For a mere 1,000 more in capacity, the schedulers at OHSAA sent two Parma schools across the river on I480 at rush hour to Maple Hts. instead of letting them play 1 and 3 miles from their schools. This had all the makings of a huge community event for Parma, a city without a ton to celebrate since Ghoulardi left for Hollywood. Ridiculous move.
Plain insanity🤪 Byers was the best place for the Parma schools or even St Eds v Mentor would have been great as well.