Northwest Conference 2022

Why did they run the ball when Antwerp was out of timeouts? The game was all but over. I think the coaching staff will have nightmares about that decision.
What the heck are you thinking? Lead, opponent has no timeouts. Use most of the play clock and pound that ball! That's the only decision.

CG with a good win. AE gets to play a legitimate team this coming week to see where they stand. Guessing CG would see the ML vs AE winner in the semis.

Congratulations to both NWC schools, AE easily now the real test, sounds like CG got away with one, little help from officials
Officials didn't "help" with anything. Grove didn't get a favorable call all game, and if Crawford's coach wouldn't have flipped out when the head ref called a screen incomplete, they wouldn't have replayed the down and they would've had Grove at 3rd and 10. Other than 1 punt block, Grove outplayed Crawford for 4 quarters plus overtime. They still had Grove at 2nd and 10 in overtime when Schafer ripped off an 18 yard run right down the middle of their defense, then Grove's defense smacked around their offense just like they had the whole night. The team that played better the entire game won.

Looking at box score, looks like better team won, going by what heard from some people who were there, very angry, never want to see people discredit a team because of officials, sounds like was a very hard hitting defensive battle,
We all know about AEs opponent anyone know anything about Groves and what their chances are?

Looking at box score, looks like better team won, going by what heard from some people who were there, very angry, never want to see people discredit a team because of officials, sounds like was a very hard hitting defensive battle,
We all know about AEs opponent anyone know anything about Groves and what their chances are?
Common opponent is Patrick Henry. Grove won early in the year by 7, Columbia won yesterday by 9. Dangerous to compare scores but it looks like a toss up.

In an earlier post I stated that Grove had the best chance of making the regional final so forgive me for patting myself on the back, although I have to admit that AE has had an easier path. Attaboys to both teams.

Common opponent is Patrick Henry. Grove won early in the year by 7, Columbia won yesterday by 9. Dangerous to compare scores but it looks like a toss up.

In an earlier post I stated that Grove had the best chance of making the regional final so forgive me for patting myself on the back, although I have to admit that AE has had an easier path. Attaboys to both teams.
Columbia didn't play PH. They beat Ashland Crestview, who beat PH in week 12.

Grove and Columbia both beat Black River and Northwestern. Grove beat Black River 42-17 in week 11 and Northwestern 34-22 in week 12. Columbia beat Black River 37-14 in week 4 and Northwestern 42-41 in overtime week 3.

anyone know anything about Groves and what their chances are?
Grove's playing Columbia (out of Columbia Station) both schools have wins over Black River and Northwestern, but hard to compare because Columbia played both schools in weeks 3 and 4 and Grove played them weeks 11 and 12

Congratulations to both NWC schools, AE easily now the real test, sounds like CG got away with one, little help from officials
It was an inadvertent whistle. Explain to me why that's Grove's fault. By rule, replay the down. Was it a mistake, yes. But it was handled correctly. Does it suck for CC? Yes, but it's not the other teams fault. It's all about perspective. If it was the other way around, they would take. Still could have stopped Grove. Wasn't like they didn't have a chance.

Officials didn't "help" with anything. Grove didn't get a favorable call all game, and if Crawford's coach wouldn't have flipped out when the head ref called a screen incomplete, they wouldn't have replayed the down and they would've had Grove at 3rd and 10. Other than 1 punt block, Grove outplayed Crawford for 4 quarters plus overtime. They still had Grove at 2nd and 10 in overtime when Schafer ripped off an 18 yard run right down the middle of their defense, then Grove's defense smacked around their offense just like they had the whole night. The team that played better the entire game won.
BirdDog10. The White Hat is why there was an inadvertent whistle. He should've let his wings make that call, cause their the ones deciding if it's a lateral or a forward lateral. They punch back towards the offense, yell back. That was a live ball. It had nothing to do with the coach. That's just the rule of an inadvertent whistle during a live ball. Replay the down.

Drew Pasteur's Fantastic 50 has Grove predicted to beat Columbia by 12, and Marion Local favored by 30 over Allen East

Is it decided that the AE and CG regions will meet in the semi's or is there a chance they could both go east?
There's a chance but I doubt it. Out of the 5 times Grove's made it to the semi finals, 4 of them they played the team out of the southwest region. Last year, however, Carey and Coldwater both traveled east for the semi's to match up in the championship game, and the same could have happened with OG and Versailles if OG would have beaten Kirtland

I think Grove can win, but Allen East faces almost impossible uphill battle with Marion Local.
A little trivia with Marion Local/Allen East. I copied this from an Allen East Facebook page. I am sure most people know of the connection but thought I would show it here again:

"The Allen East Mustangs will take on the Marion Local Flyers Saturday, Nov 19 at 7:00 pm at Harmon Field in Wapakoneta (400 W Harrison St) in the Div VI Regional Finals.
A little bit of history - The Marion Local Head coach Tim Goodwin is an AE graduate and former AE player, and his father Bill was AE principal and Head football coach for many years, and our football field is named Goodwin Field after him. Bill's grandson Jacob Sherrick is also an AE graduate and Marion Local coach (son of Rick and Brooke Sherrick). First time these two teams have ever met.
LET'S GO MUSTANGS!
💙
🐴
💪🏻
"

Just think it is a neat connection between these 2 schools

There's a chance but I doubt it. Out of the 5 times Grove's made it to the semi finals, 4 of them they played the team out of the southwest region. Last year, however, Carey and Coldwater both traveled east for the semi's to match up in the championship game, and the same could have happened with OG and Versailles if OG would have beaten Kirtland
AE is the Southwest region.

Run the ball with the lead when the other team has no timeouts? What do you want them to do? You still need to get 1st downs to keep the ball away from the other team.
There was two minutes left in the game against a team with no timeouts. Kneel it three times and the clock is killed. Especially in high school when the play clock isn't exactly reset as quickly as professional ball or college. It was a coaching error. I don't put that on the kid. They may have been forced to punt with 10-20 seconds left in the ballgame.

Late to the party, but congrats to CG and AE. Both teams looked really good in season. That "small" AE line that many said wasn't great and shouldn't have dominated my Knights are getting after it. Grove has a great shot this weekend. AE is hitting a buzzsaw but there is a reason you play the game. Anything is possible. Good luck to both teams and I look forward to making a trip to state semis to support one or both.