Do You see a Few potential mismatches in the Regional Finals?

12penguins

Seems to me that there are always some blowouts in the Regional Finals and State semi's. If we were going to look for that potential this week where would we go? Springfield v Liberty in Reg 2. Marion Local v Allen East n Reg 24, Wyoming v Taft in R16, Holy Name v Padua in r10, Kings V Anderson in R8, Lincoln v New Albany in R3, St Edwards v Mentor in R1?
Looking for thoughts.

About Springfield-OL, Liberty has been hot lately. They won 7 of the last 8 and was impressive in holding Perrysburg to a FG. Springfield should cruise because they're an elite team peaking at the right time. But, Liberty will play much better than people think, as well as Centerville I think.

I wouldn’t put Kings v Anderson in mismatch category. Unfortunately, due to high seeds given to weak teams in R8, Kings and Winton Woods had to play in the semis, and Anderson has already lost to both teams.
However, Andersons’ air raid offense is a thing to behold, and they’ll make it interesting. Their defense cannot stop a pig in the road, however and will likely be Andersons undoing in this game.

I wouldn’t put Kings v Anderson in mismatch category. Unfortunately, due to high seeds given to weak teams in R8, Kings and Winton Woods had to play in the semis, and Anderson has already lost to both teams.
However, Andersons’ air raid offense is a thing to behold, and they’ll make it interesting. Their defense cannot stop a pig in the road, however and will likely be Andersons undoing in this game.
Love the comment about the pig. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Seems to me that there are always some blowouts in the Regional Finals and State semi's. If we were going to look for that potential this week where would we go? Springfield v Liberty in Reg 2. Marion Local v Allen East n Reg 24, Wyoming v Taft in R16, Holy Name v Padua in r10, Kings V Anderson in R8, Lincoln v New Albany in R3, St Edwards v Mentor in R1?
Looking for thoughts.
Some of those games might be closer than you think. But looking at ole Joe's site going over the regions, I thought some were going to be running clock as well.

Marion Local vs anyone not named Kirtland.
Kirtland vs anyone not named Marion Local.
I know the line on the Kirtland-Mogadore game is rather large, but Mogadore only lost to Kirtland by 6 points the last 2 times they played each other in regional championships. It very well could be another nail-biter

Who CAN stop a pig in the road?

I demand metaphor accountability!

Fort Frye-Bellaire is bad. They played earlier on the river and FF won 62-26.

I also think the following are at least 3 score games and probably more:

Ed's-Mentor
Massillon-Lake
JFK-Danville
Newark Catholic-River
West Branch-Jefferson (I think WB scores at will)

And, honestly, Hoban, Kirtland, Marion Local vs anyone.

There may be more and some of those may end up being closer than I expect, but those would be top 9 candidates for blowouts.

Springfield vs. Liberty
Massillon Washington vs. Lake
Kings vs. Anderson
Marion Local vs. Allen East
JFK vs. Danville

Those would be the biggest spreads in my mind.

Calpreps agrees with you

Springfield vs. Liberty 34-7 Springfield
Massillon Washington vs. Lake 31-17 Massillon
Kings vs. Anderson 48-31 Kings
Marion Local vs. Allen East 31-8 ML
JFK vs. Danville 28-10 JFK

Fort Frye-Bellaire is bad. They played earlier on the river and FF won 62-26.

I also think the following are at least 3 score games and probably more:

Ed's-Mentor
Massillon-Lake
JFK-Danville
Newark Catholic-River
West Branch-Jefferson (I think WB scores at will)

And, honestly, Hoban, Kirtland, Marion Local vs anyone.

There may be more and some of those may end up being closer than I expect, but those would be top 9 candidates for blowouts.
Bellaire has improved a ton since week 2. This game will be much more competitive.

I look for Allen East to perform a bit better than predicted, though I question if they will get to the 8 as predicted. Marion has something like 10 shutouts and Versailles only got 3 last week. But still, I think Marion will struggle to get to 30 themselves. I'll guess 21-0.

I look for Allen East to perform a bit better than predicted, though I question if they will get to the 8 as predicted. Marion has something like 10 shutouts and Versailles only got 3 last week. But still, I think Marion will struggle to get to 30 themselves. I'll guess 21-0.
I used to go from Dayton to Ohio Northern for women's soccer games and passed Allen East on my way up there. Nice looking school and because of that silly little connection I have been following them from afar this season. They do play excellent defense but I think this one might go back to the age old story... This will definitely be the best team they have played all season, but I am not sure they are the best team that Local has played. Combine that with this being some of Marion's kids millionth (okay 15th+) playoff game and far less experience in that atmosphere for AE seems a potential factor as well. Not to mention that ML is just a beast. I rarely predict scores but would not be surprised if this gets out of hand. Hope not.

Padua-Holy Name will not be a mismatch despite the 10v1 seeding matchup. They played in week 1 and HN won a close game 21-16. Padua started slow and has come on of late, they have 3 running backs producing at a high level. HN playing in its 3rd straight regional final and will be prepared. They played in the regional semis last year and HN won on the final play of the game. Schools are 3 miles apart and all the kids know each other. This should be a great game. If it is a blowout it is because the game got away from one of the teams, not because its a mismatch.

Bellaire has improved a ton since week 2. This game will be much more competitive.
I'd imagine FF has improved, too. But, whatever. We'll know on Friday. And I don't know what "much more competitive" means. Only a 21-point loss could be "much more competitive". We'll see. I guess FF didn't blow the doors off Coal Grove, so who knows.

I have no idea about FF’s situation. I assume they have improved too.
I am only speaking for Bellaire. That was Bellaire’s second game with their new head coach. They have played a tough schedule and the defense has improved, especially against the run. The offense seems to be clicking much more so than early in the season.
Apparently you do not want to have a discussion on this forum (which I assume is the purpose of such a forum). Instead you just want to give move FF to the semis with a running clock yet again. That may well happen. 35-14 FF is a good possibility, but I don’t think they score 62 or more.
All I am saying is that Bellaire has improved and most people around the area expect to see them show up this time around.

About Springfield-OL, Liberty has been hot lately. They won 7 of the last 8 and was impressive in holding Perrysburg to a FG. Springfield should cruise because they're an elite team peaking at the right time. But, Liberty will play much better than people think, as well as Centerville I think.
Nobody is "elite" this year.

I used to go from Dayton to Ohio Northern for women's soccer games and passed Allen East on my way up there. Nice looking school and because of that silly little connection I have been following them from afar this season. They do play excellent defense but I think this one might go back to the age old story... This will definitely be the best team they have played all season, but I am not sure they are the best team that Local has played. Combine that with this being some of Marion's kids millionth (okay 15th+) playoff game and far less experience in that atmosphere for AE seems a potential factor as well. Not to mention that ML is just a beast. I rarely predict scores but would not be surprised if this gets out of hand. Hope not.
That field at Allen East that you drove by so many times is actually named after Marion Local's coaches' father, Bill Goodwin. Goodwin Field

I have no idea about FF’s situation. I assume they have improved too.
I am only speaking for Bellaire. That was Bellaire’s second game with their new head coach. They have played a tough schedule and the defense has improved, especially against the run. The offense seems to be clicking much more so than early in the season.
Apparently you do not want to have a discussion on this forum (which I assume is the purpose of such a forum). Instead you just want to give move FF to the semis with a running clock yet again. That may well happen. 35-14 FF is a good possibility, but I don’t think they score 62 or more.
All I am saying is that Bellaire has improved and most people around the area expect to see them show up this time around.
There's not much to discuss. We just disagree. Ain't nothing wrong with that. I'm sure your reasons are sound.

FWIW, I don't think they score 62, either. However, I do think they win comfortably. And that was the question in this thread. 35-14 is comfortable in my book. I really don't think it's going to be close. But, again, we'll see.

That field at Allen East that you drove by so many times is actually named after Marion Local's coaches' father, Bill Goodwin. Goodwin Field
And ironically he still helps coach a little bit on Tim's staff. I don't think ML and Allen East have had a prior matchup before? I might be wrong

And ironically he still helps coach a little bit on Tim's staff. I don't think ML and Allen East have had a prior matchup before? I might be wrong
You are correct, this will be their 1st ever meeting on the gridiron. I know Bill was on Tims staff, but did not realize he was still on the staff. I do however know Tims nephew who also graduated from AE coaches at ML

You are correct, this will be their 1st ever meeting on the gridiron. I know Bill was on Tims staff, but did not realize he was still on the staff. I do however know Tims nephew who also graduated from AE coaches at ML
I don't think he's out there as much as he used to but he's still around.

I’m feeling like Badin is going to put it on Tipp pretty good.
I also think Glenville is going to rout Van Wert