2022 Regional Final Neutral Sites

Are teams able to play at the same site twice, other than the first 2 home games? Seems that used to be an OHSAA playoff rule.
Canfield played at Massillon twice one year, although they might have at some point had a rule regarding the championship venues.

Normally Byers would be lock, but, Padua Holy Name makes it not a lock. Could they do something like Bedford or Euclid or Brunswick so they can put the battle of Parma/Hts at byers?

How much surplus capacity should be accounted for when selecting sites from those available?

"Since our fanbase travels well, we think our team will bring 8,000, the other team will bring 3,000, so we should be assigned to a 30,000 seat stadium just in case."

Was somewhat simpler in the days of non-electronic tickets, where a finite allocation could be made to each school and if the stadium filled, it filled.
The unfortunate truth is that attendance has been going down in the regular season, playoff w÷KS and the finals for about 20-25 years. I remember days when you would go to a game in week 13 (regional finals) and couldn't find a seat. You never see that any more. And, with the finals being on live TV, you'll never see it again in week 16.

An Ignatius Eds playoff game half or so filling a 6500 seat stadium probably says it all. Weather sucked with rain yes, but, still. Regular season wasn't sold out either

My first thought was Louisville, but then I wasn't sure if they were hosting playoff games this year. I don't recall seeing any games there this weekend.
Yep, no regional semifinal games were scheduled there or any Stark County site. Not sure if any games made geographical sense in Stark County anyway. But for the finals, maybe they're still on the list of available sites and some games now fit better. Wait and see.

What's the feel for the attendance for Holy Name-Padua, with Byers the 'logical' choice thanks to proximity. Does this game warrant the 11K capacity of Byers, or something smaller like Brunswick (7K) or Strongsville (5K)?
Padua vs. Norton last night in NoRo wasn't close to a capacity crowd (of around 5,000) but Padua filled the 3/4 of the visitors' stand. I think weather was a big factor plus Padua vs. Holy Name is another matter, the Parma Holy War (someone called it the Holy Skirmish on another thread).

Last year's semi final game between these two was at Brooklyn with around 3,000, and that wasn't enough. I think Strongsville's 5,000 would be bare minimum for this game. Byers is the sentimental favorite here of course but if not Byers, I'd like to see Brunswick chosen for HN-Padua.

An Ignatius Eds playoff game half or so filling a 6500 seat stadium probably says it all. Weather sucked with rain yes, but, still. Regular season wasn't sold out either
They put Ed’s - Ignatius at Euclid’s Community Stadium. I don’t see why they couldn’t put Ed’s - Mentor there.

Regarding playing at the same stadium twice (or even twice in a row), pretty sure Mentor played two weeks in a row at Byers before (both were technically neutral site games).

Of course I am biased, I live in Willowick, and a trip to Euclid is a lot easier than driving to Parma. 😀

Whichever game I pick is going to be close to home after driving to Hts and Euclid back to back weeks after work. Hope for Eds Mentor over here, but if nor, it will have to be Padua and Holy Shame

Now that all the Saturday finals are in, my completely painfully-average site predictions:

D4:
R13: 6 Jefferson vs. 1 W. Branch: Mineral Ridge
R14: 6 Van Wert vs. 1 Glenville: Tiffin (maybe Fremont or Findlay)
R15: 4 Indian Valley vs. 2 Steubenville: New Philadelphia (or Dover)
R16: 2 Taft vs. 1 Wyoming: Norwood (but any inner-ring suburb would suffice; in terms of distance between schools, this has to be the second-closest matchup of week 14)

D6:
R21: 2 Mogadore vs. 1 Kirtland: Twinsburg (I'd almost bet the mortgage on this)
R22: 5 Columbus Grove vs. 3 Columbia: Fremont (or Tiffin or Findlay)
R23: 3 Bellaire vs. 1 Fort Frye: Cambridge
R24: 2 Allen East vs. 1 Marion Local: Wapakoneta (write this one in granite)

D7:
R25: 3 Danville vs. 1 Warren JFK: Medina (possibly Canal Fulton NW)
R26: 4 Lima CC vs. 2 Antwerp: Ottawa-Glandorf
R27: 2 River vs. 1 Newark Catholic: Zanesville
R28: 5 New Bremen vs. 2 Fort Loramie: Sidney (write this one in granite)