Region 4 Semi-Finals: Elder(10-2) vs. Lakota West(12-0)

Status
Not open for further replies.
For where, Withrow?

Again, they hosted a huge regional final few years back between LaSalle and Winton Woods and it went just fine, plenty of volunteers. There was no sense of danger at any point. And, it's not in a dangerous neighborhood by any means.

Withrow's fans aren't problematic either.
Middletown is rough especially at night, Withrow is also not in the best area for non residents to be stumbling around in.

I remember a game at Middletown where the football team had to put their helmets on to leave because of stuff getting thrown at the bus as they were leaving.
This was just a year ago where the surrounding area had so much gun violence the police asked to move the football game game.

Middletown is rough especially at night, Withrow is also not in the best area for non residents to be stumbling around in.

I remember a game at Middletown where the football team had to put their helmets on to leave because of stuff getting thrown at the bus as they were leaving.
This was just a year ago where the surrounding area had so much gun violence the police asked to move the football game game.
You are crazy, Hyde Park is where Withrow is, literally one of if not the best area in the actual city of Cincinnati.

As for the rock throwing, that happens at lots of places you would never expect. I personally have had 2 such incidents at Sycamore.... Once as a player and another as a coach where they were hitting our bus with rocks. To top it off, it continued once we were off campus as students were in downtown Montgomery on the sidewalks pelting the buses. Both times the bus drivers ended up running red lights to get away.

It's funny you bring up Colerain, we used to have to wear helmets to and from the locker room there because fans would line the hill back in the day and throw stuff at players and coaches as they entered and left the field. They used to even throw food items and drinks.

Middletown is fine to watch a football game.

OhioStadiums.com is indicating 5,100 capacity for Princeton’s stadium. Is this gonna be like the X-Moe game that sold out in 10 minutes?

It’s true, it’s true. Trust me …

Then we need as many people in there at 5 pm today to buy up tickets so we’re not outnumbered by West.

It’s true, it’s true. Trust me …

The West community has grown the last 4 years steadily in their support of the football team and fill their home games to the max, but they don't travel as well yet as X, Elder, Moeller or Colerain (old Colerain since they have like 500 ppl at home games now). Should be 70/30 or 80/20 Elder

You are crazy, Hyde Park is where Withrow is, literally one of if not the best area in the actual city of Cincinnati.

As for the rock throwing, that happens at lots of places you would never expect. I personally have had 2 such incidents at Sycamore.... Once as a player and another as a coach where they were hitting our bus with rocks. To top it off, it continued once we were off campus as students were in downtown Montgomery on the sidewalks pelting the buses. Both times the bus drivers ended up running red lights to get away.

It's funny you bring up Colerain, we used to have to wear helmets to and from the locker room there because fans would line the hill back in the day and throw stuff at players and coaches as they entered and left the field. They used to even throw food items and drinks.

Middletown is fine to watch a football game.
I agree, 45208 is a high rent district and safer than most areas of Cincinnati.
Middletown, Withrow and the Pitt are great places to see a game. The comment was not about the schools but the areas surrounding the schools.
Withrow located in District 2 and home of the "Clutch Gang" whose member and Withrow High grad killed police officer Sonny Kim just minutes from the school several years back the area does have its issues. If you look at the data for the zip code, violent crime is down, property crime is slightly up but there is still enough "overall crime" to give the area a C safety rating.
Now their rating is better than the safety rating around Elder that is at a D and a whole lot better than the D- for the area around Middletown stadium that is up from an F.

Your Sycamore incident is sad, But I have not seen that type of behavior from Sycamore the students the past 10 years. I would say Sycamore is most likely one of the more mellow campuses in the GMC. They have one heck of a student commons area with a really cool life size chess area for the chess club. Class change reminds me of a private school as quiet as the halls are.

As far as Colerain...
I do recall some unruly 5 to 8 year old's from 2003-2007 that were bulling visiting teams with big blow up hammers back in the day. Not only at Colerain but as the CARDS went deeper in the playoffs visitors stadiums and U.C. Miami as the players and coachers were going up and down the steps kids giving the Ol' "thanks for coming plunk"... Never have I seen food or any other items thrown at opposing teams.
Heck Colerain in a lot of sports would actually feed the opposing teams sometimes with take home dogs, burgers, water and walking tacos.
https://data.cincinnati-oh.gov/ Crime stats for 45208

I agree, 45208 is a high rent district and safer than most areas of Cincinnati.
Middletown, Withrow and the Pitt are great places to see a game. The comment was not about the schools but the areas surrounding the schools.
Withrow located in District 2 and home of the "Clutch Gang" whose member and Withrow High grad killed police officer Sonny Kim just minutes from the school several years back the area does have its issues. If you look at the data for the zip code, violent crime is down, property crime is slightly up but there is still enough "overall crime" to give the area a C safety rating.
Now their rating is better than the safety rating around Elder that is at a D and a whole lot better than the D- for the area around Middletown stadium that is up from an F.

Your Sycamore incident is sad, But I have not seen that type of behavior from Sycamore the students the past 10 years. I would say Sycamore is most likely one of the more mellow campuses in the GMC. They have one heck of a student commons area with a really cool life size chess area for the chess club. Class change reminds me of a private school as quiet as the halls are.

As far as Colerain...
I do recall some unruly 5 to 8 year old's from 2003-2007 that were bulling visiting teams with big blow up hammers back in the day. Not only at Colerain but as the CARDS went deeper in the playoffs visitors stadiums and U.C. Miami as the players and coachers were going up and down the steps kids giving the Ol' "thanks for coming plunk"... Never have I seen food or any other items thrown at opposing teams.
Heck Colerain in a lot of sports would actually feed the opposing teams sometimes with take home dogs, burgers, water and walking tacos.
https://data.cincinnati-oh.gov/ Crime stats for 45208
It's a little disingenuous to bring up a murder of a police officer that happened 4 miles away dont you?

It's a little disingenuous to bring up a murder of a police officer that happened 4 miles away dont you?
The fact is... the area is not the safe haven some like to think it is... Believe it or not.....someone actually posted (without doing any research) the area was 100% safe...
All one has to do is walk up and down Madison a few blocks from 6pm-9pm a few days... It will not take long for one to see the light...

A few blocks, so to Oakley??

4 miles is a long way with whatever point you are trying to make. Comparing Madisonville to Hyde Park, which are 2 different zip codes and miles apart is like comparing Bridgetown and Price Hill.

Ive walked down Madison numerous times later than 10pm both sides of Withrow .... Down to Obryonville and the other way all they way to Mad Tree with never any semblance of a problem. Hyde Park doesn't have a safety issue, and the Stadium at Withrow is probably the safest in the city since everyone must go through metal detectors going in.

who really gives a s**t? I live in the area and I don’t care as much as you. I care about how Elder will move the ball vs the West Defense.

Right now, there’s a 70% chance of rain, but temps should be pretty high for November. Special Teams could play a big role in the outcome. Elder’s Kicking game has been solid, the Punt game has been sketchy lately.

Right now, there’s a 70% chance of rain, but temps should be pretty high for November. Special Teams could play a big role in the outcome. Elder’s Kicking game has been solid, the Punt game has been sketchy lately.
Sketchy lately? Meaning when? Last week when we had 1 punt? Or the week before when we had 2, both about 37yds? Or against Lasalle when we punted 4 times and 2 were inside the 20yd line, with 1 stopping at the 1yd line? And we also had a successful fake. Which week was sketchy?

Sketchy lately? Meaning when? Last week when we had 1 punt? Or the week before when we had 2, both about 37yds? Or against Lasalle when we punted 4 times and 2 were inside the 20yd line, with 1 stopping at the 1yd line? And we also had a successful fake. Which week was sketchy?
I was referencing Punt Return, meant to be encapsulated under the “Punt Game” umbrella

I was referencing Punt Return, meant to be encapsulated under the “Punt Game” umbrella
Whats happened in the punt return game lately? I dont remember anything glaring. Since the Roncalli game i think they have had a fair catch on almost every punt return. While I agree that fair catching every punt isn't very aggressive, at least we haven't fumbled any.

Whats happened in the punt return game lately? I dont remember anything glaring. Since the Roncalli game i think they have had a fair catch on almost every punt return. While I agree that fair catching every punt isn't very aggressive, at least we haven't fumbled any.
They’ve muffed a few punts since Moorman has been unable to return punts.

Over half of the tickets available for this game have been sold already. This is trending to a sell out. Elder-Lakota West will be televised by Spectrum. This game will be available to purchase to stream through OHSAA. Spectrum customers can stream for free. Elder and Lakota West would not be allowed to stream the game live.

Last edited:
They’ve muffed a few punts since Moorman has been unable to return punts.
They muffed a few in the Roncalli game with a new returner, but since they moved to #83, I dont remember any. I think he's done a nice job securing the ball over the last 4 games.
And yes, the kicking game has been solid all year.

Over half of the tickets available for this game have been sold already. This is trending to a sell out. Moeller-Mason will be televised by Spectrum. This game will be available to purchase to stream through OHSAA. Spectrum customers can stream for free. Elder and Lakota West would not be allowed to stream the game live.
Why in god’s name would they pick Moeller vs Mason? That’s going to be a blowout.

Why in god’s name would they pick Moeller vs Mason? That’s going to be a blowout.

I edited my post. I saw it wrong at first. Elder vs. Lakota West is televised on Spectrum, and you can stream through OHSAA by purchase or if you are a Spectrum customer. You can also stream Moeller vs. Mason the same way, but Elder will be the game on Spectrum Cable televised.

My thoughts on the kicking game Friday. Do not let them return it. Kick out of bounds or towards sideline. Kickoffs in endzone or pooch kick if they can't get it there due to weather. Get the punt off quick. They can block them.

My thoughts on the kicking game Friday. Do not let them return it. Kick out of bounds or towards sideline. Kickoffs in endzone or pooch kick if they can't get it there due to weather. Get the punt off quick. They can block them.
I hope that's the game plan

Status
Not open for further replies.