Regional Finals Scores (finals and updates)

SirStanley

CCD and Alter are scoreless at the half (D3)
CCD will have a pretty fierce wind at their backs in the second half

Lynchburg-Clay defeated Grandview Heights 1-0 (D3)
They will face the winner of CCD-Alter in the state semifinals

CCD over Alter with header off corner kick with under 8 minutes to play and win 1-0 (D3)
Good game wind was unbelievable. Congrats to girls playing so well through it. Thought Alter was better playing in today's match, not by much. One of those games that you hate for either team to lose. Well played through tough conditions. Congrats to CCD perfectly executed corner. Good luck take state

Having reffed for ten years (grade 6), I believe I can shed some light on things. While the forward and the GK met at the same time making it a 50/50 ball which by itself wouldn't warrant a PK since the GK did get her hands on the ball, it was the deliberate push by the defender #14 that definitely warranted the PK. While I agree with the referee's call, I disagree with the him carding the GK. #14 should've been given the yellow card for deliberately pushing the forward down (arms are fully extended) in the box which definitely led to denying the forward an opportunity to try and score.

Having reffed for ten years (grade 6), I believe I can shed some light on things. While the forward and the GK met at the same time making it a 50/50 ball which by itself wouldn't necessarily warrant a PK, it was the deliberate push by the defender that definitely warranted the PK. While I agree with the referee's call, I disagree with the him carding the GK. The defender should've been given the yellow card for deliberately pushing the forward down (arms are fully extended) in the box which definitely led to denying the forward an opportunity to try and score.
I agree with this

IMO no call should have been made and definitely not a yellow. Defender extended arms because she was falling and barely touched the girl. GK made majority of contact on 50/50 ball that forward and keeper both have rights to. Call got made because forward sold it.

I was able to make the CCDS and Alter game as well as the Summit and Waynesville game.

First CCDS and Alter. Both teams had some chances the wind was insane especially up on top of the hill in Monroe. Corner by Farris was a great playable ball in off the corner and finished by a Zimm twin off her head (could not tell you what one). Those girls are a lot to deal with. The CCDS squad plays good soccer. Someone said they thought SUA played the most beautiful soccer, CCDS passes so well and builds, something I have not seen from SUA in a decade. 1-0 is a very respectable result for Alter. I can't imagine anyone in D3 that can take CCDS down. they have Lynchburg Clay that like so many of the small rural conferences struggle against the better teams. They played 1 real game vs Madeira this year and lost 3-0. They have no chance against CCDS who has visions of another state title on their minds. The way CCDS is coached and the talent level they have they are on the verge being the most dominant girls soccer program the last 10 years outside of WJ. That's saying something. CCDS keeps most of the top players sans the keeper and I can't see them sliding next year, unless something crazy happens. The Zimm twins and Farris will continue to grow and get better. How a school as small as CCDS can get this many talented players is a testament to why some states put private schools and public schools in different conferences. The socioeconomic factor of girl's soccer is so evident here.

Summit vs Waynesville was just a great atmosphere. I just stood on the fence switching sides. Summit student section showed up in good numbers but the Waynesville side was insane. They nearly filled the visitors stands in all black and orange and in Beavercreek that's a good size visitors section with those colors it almost looked like a creek home game! It was a fun environment to watch some soccer. It was fairly back and forth the first 10 minutes but soon after it was almost all Waynesville. That's saying something because Summit is a great team. Waynesville has a talented defense. I thought #14 their Centerback was exceptional. Fast and strong, really an awesome defensive presence anytime the ball was around her. Their whole backline played well and took the ball out of the air very well. #20 a M/F whom I remembered from the Mariemont game was just as smooth and silky this game. She has touch and vision, great assist on their first goal to the right wing who was making a run in. Honestly, they had many good players, and their speed is impressive everywhere. Erbach had two goals and her second was just beautiful. Winning a 1v1, then coming across the goal at the 18, left foot shot across the body against a second defender driving in. Just before that on the run under pressure from multiple defenders she put a ball 30 yards across the field dead on the foot of the Waynesville wing making a run inside the box, it was left unfinished but that was probably one of the most heads up and impressive passes I've seen from a high school player ever. While standing on the fence a couple of the "Summit" people were talking and said Erbach had just finished 2nd overall at the State cross country meet 3 hours before the game. I could not believe it, I looked it up and this young lady was 2nd overall in the State cross country meet, then went and played the State #3 team, played all minutes and put up 2 goals and was easily the best player on the field for either team. I have no words....

While standing on the fence a couple of the "Summit" people were talking and said Erbach had just finished 2nd overall at the State cross country meet 3 hours before the game. I could not believe it, I looked it up and this young lady was 2nd overall in the State cross country meet, then went and played the State #3 team, played all minutes and put up 2 goals and was easily the best player on the field for either team. I have no words....
Incredible

Thanks for that recap, @Empty CUP, and actually for all the insight throughout the season. I don't make it out to many D2 and D3 matches and rarely find good video to watch back, so it is much appreciated!
That is crazy to hear about Erbach. She was already on another level but now this? :oops:
Amazing!