Region 4 Semi-Finals: Elder(10-2) vs. Lakota West(12-0)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ElderHSfan02

Elder is the #2 seed thanks to the Harbins, but Lakota West is undefeated. LW is favored in this one. One thing that continues to amaze me is how everyone still underestimates this Elder team. For those still not convinced, this Elder team is VERY GOOD. I'm not sure what else will convince them that this is not an underdog team. This team blocks and plays great defense. They have speed with Re and a bunch of kids who are good athletes, maybe not burners but athletes who can play football. Points are going to be tough to come by in this one. I think a low scoring game, maybe overtime.

Elder 17
Lakota West 14

Elder is the #2 seed thanks to the Harbins, but Lakota West is undefeated. LW is favored in this one. One thing that continues to amaze me is how everyone still underestimates this Elder team. For those still not convinced, this Elder team is VERY GOOD. I'm not sure what else will convince them that this is not an underdog team. This team blocks and plays great defense. They have speed with Re and a bunch of kids who are good athletes, maybe not burners but athletes who can play football. Points are going to be tough to come by in this one. I think a low scoring game, maybe overtime.

Elder 17
Lakota West 14
Agreed, this Elder team is extremely good. Despite what some others have stated the O-line is the strength of this team.

Pound the ball down West's throat, put a spy on Bolden and come away with a win.

Agreed, this Elder team is extremely good. Despite what some others have stated the O-line is the strength of this team.

Pound the ball down West's throat, put a spy on Bolden and come away with a win.

You're right. Getting the run game going will be key. For fans of blocking, keep a good eye on offensive guard James when he is pulling. It is a joy to watch. I'll say again the Elder fullback Autenrieb does not get enough credit with his blocking.

Get the run game going, and then they got a few big hitter plays to Re and Luke Autenrieb to catch the defense off guard.

You're right. Getting the run game going will be key. For fans of blocking, keep a good eye on offensive guard James when he is pulling. It is a joy to watch. I'll say again the Elder fullback Autenrieb does not get enough credit with his blocking.

Get the run game going, and then they got a few big hitter plays to Re and Luke Autenrieb to catch the defense off guard.
Seeing the 3 games this year the pulling guards have done very well. And that is new for Ramsey's run scheme to pull so often. It's very wing-t like with their blocking scheme this year.

Again, it's not sexy but running the ball wins games in November and December.

I still think there’s a few spots on the OL that are issue. However, Rolfes at TE and Autenrieb at FB help supplement those deficiencies as blockers.

I still think there’s a few spots on the OL that are issue. However, Rolfes at TE and Autenrieb at FB help supplement those deficiencies as blockers.
Again, here you are ragging on the strength of the team and thinking you are smarter than the coaches, even though you will say "I'm not smarter than them"

Again, this team's biggest strength is by far the O-Line, not the skill positions.

West will likely be the most athletic (not necessarily best) Defense Elder has seen this year. Despite what Cincifan says, they will need to be able to throw the ball efficiently to win this game. They’ve gotten away with some things passing the ball vs weaker Secondaries, they won’t get away with next week. For example, that long pass to Re that got caught up in the wind, gets picked off vs West.

Again, here you are ragging on the strength of the team and thinking you are smarter than the coaches, even though you will say "I'm not smarter than them"

Again, this team's biggest strength is by far the O-Line, not the skill positions.
I’m not smarter than them, but there’s a few spots that are not strengths. That’s why you see Rolfes being used more & more as an additional Lineman.

I’m not smarter than them, but there’s a few spots that are not strengths. That’s why you see Rolfes being used more & more as an additional Lineman.
No it's a numbers thing genius. The whole idea is to have more blockers to the side of your offense you are running the ball to than the defense has.... It's also why you pull guards. It's not about supplementing a weakness, it's about attacking defenses in a better and smarter way.

Milford was able to bring some pressure off the edge sometimes to stop Flowers. I would expect LW to do the same. I'm sure LW will play a lot of 1 high and some 0 looks to get some pressure on Elder. Elder might be able to use Re to burn them.

For those not following the scores around the state, here is one you will want to see. St. Ignatius was down 42-14 to Cleveland Heights at Halftime. Ignatius came back to win 50-49. Cleveland Heights I think was a team many people wrote off with their weak schedule and losing to STVSM. They were for real with a high powered offense. This sets up a St. Ed's vs. St. Ignatius Region 1 semi-final.

No it's a numbers thing genius. The whole idea is to have more blockers to the side of your offense you are running the ball to than the defense has.... It's also why you pull guards. It's not about supplementing a weakness, it's about attacking defenses in a better and smarter way.
You don’t know if you have a numbers advantage until you line up and see how many Defenders are in the box.

Milford was able to bring some pressure off the edge sometimes to stop Flowers. I would expect LW to do the same. I'm sure LW will play a lot of 1 high and some 0 looks to get some pressure on Elder. Elder might be able to use Re to burn them.

I think Elder getting very complaisant with their play calling in the second half allowed Milford to do a lot of run blitzing.

I can’t imagine they go Cover 0 very often. Their Corners are good, but they don’t have Afari & Jyaire Brown like last yr. If Elder sees that cover 0 look, they could just throw a quick Slant/Skinny Post out to Re and force the LW defender to make a play.

You don’t know if you have a numbers advantage until you line up and see how many Defenders are in the box.
Yes you do. That's why you pull a guard and use a fullback. Defenses are pretty symmetrical and line up based on the offense so they can cover both sides of the field equally. Of course they will move DBs to cover wide outs that are loaded to one side in say a trips or quads formation, but no defense is going to have more DL or LBs to one side of the center. If for some dumb reason a defense does line up with more people to a certain side of the center, it would br pretty easy to audible to the other side. Offenses always have a numbers advantage if they have a smart coach, which Elder does.

I can’t imagine they go Cover 0 very often. Their Corners are good, but they don’t have Afari & Jyaire Brown like last yr. If Elder sees that cover 0 look, they could just throw a quick Slant/Skinny Post out to Re and force the LW defender to make a play.
Slants and posts are very difficult against man coverage.

Yes you do. That's why you pull a guard and use a fullback. Defenses are pretty symmetrical and line up based on the offense so they can cover both sides of the field equally. Of course they will move DBs to cover wide outs that are loaded to one side in say a trips or quads formation, but no defense is going to have more DL or LBs to one side of the center. If for some dumb reason a defense does line up with more people to a certain side of the center, it would br pretty easy to audible to the other side. Offenses always have a numbers advantage if they have a smart coach, which Elder does.
You’re keying on where the Safety/Safeties line up.

Gotta attack the middle of the field vs Cover 0.
That's literally the last place you attack in zero coverage.

In man coverage DBs play with inside leverage and are taught to not let anyone inside.

You run double moves, rub routes, outside routes and challenge deep, not the middle.

In cover 2 you attack the middle.

That's literally the last place you attack in zero coverage.

In man coverage DBs play with inside leverage and are taught to not let anyone inside.

You run double moves, rub routes, outside routes and challenge deep, not the middle.

In cover 2 you attack the middle.
You’re high, you take shots at the middle of the field vs no Safety.

You’re high, you take shots at the middle of the field vs no Safety.
You are absolutely clueless. Go right ahead and attack the middle and make things way easier for the defense.

Rolling out the QB is very effective vs Zero, passing to backs out of the backfield (most man coverage teams don't cover them), cluster trips formations, and also motioning across the formations are what you can also do against cover zero.

Man when I was a DC, I'd be salivating over someone running deep middle if I'm in zero coverage.

You are absolutely clueless. Go right ahead and attack the middle and make things way easier for the defense.

Rolling out the QB is very effective vs Zero, passing to backs out of the backfield (most man coverage teams don't cover them), cluster trips formations, and also motioning across the formations are what you can also do against cover zero.

Man when I was a DC, I'd be salivating over someone running deep middle if I'm in zero coverage.
And now we know why you’re no longer a DC. I’ll take a shot on a skinny post with my fastest WR in Man cvg. A quick Hitch/Slant would also force the Corner to make a tackle one on one in open space. If he misses the tackle, it’s a huge play.

Status
Not open for further replies.