Huber Heights Wayne @ Fairmont .... Round one

vamp2syd

Thoughts for this rematch that was won by Fairmont earlier in the season. (actually it was given away by Wayne but I don't want to get into that again.....)

Wayne should win this game by 3 to 4 scores but ................

Last edited:

Could go to either way. In the first meeting fairmont was missing two key players on defense they are back for the playoffs.

I think Wayne will win the Rematch. If they can get them in 3rd and long situations and score on them fast I think Wayne has enough that can beat them.

Not because Fairmont is any good and capable of beating anyone when they play to their potential right
No cuz Wayne lost all they games cuz of terrible coaching. They lost the first one to Fairmont cuz of it. Fairmont is not good. Same offense they have had for years. Under Minton Wayne never lost to Fairmont. That's because they was disciplined and well coached.

No cuz Wayne lost all they games cuz of terrible coaching. They lost the first one to Fairmont cuz of it. Fairmont is not good. Same offense they have had for years. Under Minton Wayne never lost to Fairmont. That's because they was disciplined and well coached.
I'm sure Minton is a better coach. But who cares? The coaches aren't playing the game. The kids are. Stand and deliver. Stop making excuses before the game even starts. But the reality you have to face is, the talent pool for Wayne is rapidly drying up. We live in a time now where players plan and prepare for professional careers long before HS. They want to play for a HS where they will be seen and get to play for championships. Wayne no longer has that reputation. So, the best players and their families are looking elsewhere. It's the times we live in now.

I'm sure Minton is a better coach. But who cares? The coaches aren't playing the game. The kids are. Stand and deliver. Stop making excuses before the game even starts. But the reality you have to face is, the talent pool for Wayne is rapidly drying up. We live in a time now where players plan and prepare for professional careers long before HS. They want to play for a HS where they will be seen and get to play for championships. Wayne no longer has that reputation. So, the best players and their families are looking elsewhere. It's the times we live in now.
So your saying the coaches don't decide outcomes of games? Lmao. Who calls the plays? Who manages the timeouts? Who prepares them for games? Who teaches them the discipline not to jump off sides or get late hits? Are you serious? Lmao. The reality is. Is that your not with reality.

In all honesty, Fairmont has been in every game they've played this season outside of the Northmont loss. At some point, I almost feel like we should stop being surprised to see them impose their style and keep these games close, because that's simply what they do. Wayne may win this rematch, but it won't be easy and it'll be competitive. Just like all of the other Fairmont games. If coaching truly is an issue at Wayne, the edge should be with Fairmont. Miller does a nice job there with his system.

In all honesty, Fairmont has been in every game they've played this season outside of the Northmont loss. At some point, I almost feel like we should stop being surprised to see them impose their style and keep these games close, because that's simply what they do. Wayne may win this rematch, but it won't be easy and it'll be competitive. Just like all of the other Fairmont games. If coaching truly is an issue at Wayne, the edge should be with Fairmont. Miller does a nice job there with his system.

You can see how tied some of those opposing defenses are by the 4th qtr when they work the clock. Fairmont’s defense also seems to be one of those bend but don’t break defenses. Team can move up and down the field but they get stops when they need them.

The problem is with the adults selling the idea to the kids that they will be professional athletes when in fact only a small percentage ever will make it.

As for talent pool.... for what it is worth....

Combined records of 7th/8th grade teams...

Wayne 12-2
Springfield 2-10-1

No worries though as Springfield will get the "transfers" they need. Wayne will always have the talent it is just a matter of keeping them at Wayne and not transferring somewhere else.

So your saying the coaches don't decide outcomes of games? Lmao. Who calls the plays? Who manages the timeouts? Who prepares them for games? Who teaches them the discipline not to jump off sides or get late hits? Are you serious? Lmao. The reality is. Is that your not with reality.
I'm saying they aren't always at fault for losing games, especially before it starts

The problem is with the adults selling the idea to the kids that they will be professional athletes when in fact only a small percentage ever will make it.

Wayne 12-2
Springfield 2-10-1

No worries though as Springfield will get the "transfers" they need. Wayne will always have the talent it is just a matter of keeping them at Wayne and not transferring somewhere else.
News flash. 7th and 8th graders aren't at Wayne. Same as how Braxton Miller never went to SHS, right?

Wayne 12-2
Springfield 2-10-1

One of these 2 wins was against Wayne for what its worth

On paper this is no contest. How many D1 kids does Wayne have this year? 3 or 4 probably? Fairmont has 0 and never does. Miller is a great coach. He gets every ounce of effort out of his kids and they play so darn hard. I think Wayne will win this game as well but it will be close.

On paper this is no contest. How many D1 kids does Wayne have this year? 3 or 4 probably? Fairmont has 0 and never does. Miller is a great coach. He gets every ounce of effort out of his kids and they play so darn hard. I think Wayne will win this game as well but it will be close.
Fairmont just had one kid commit to a MAC school. Saw the rubbing back and another jr defense guy is getting some D1 looks I think the kicker has d1 looks. Various kids have offers from d2 schools. I mean if you are going to base wins off of the amount of d1 talent miamisburg should be in the playoffs.

Fairmont just had one kid commit to a MAC school. Saw the rubbing back and another jr defense guy is getting some D1 looks I think the kicker has d1 looks. Various kids have offers from d2 schools. I mean if you are going to base wins off of the amount of d1 talent miamisburg should be in the playoffs.
What is a rubbing back? Is that new position in they system? 😂🤣😂

You clearly lost in English class. Also, Fairmont did beat Wayne when Minton was the Head Coach. Fairmont won in 2004 by a score of 26-21. They also won in 2008, 9-0. Study up.

You clearly lost in English class. Also, Fairmont did beat Wayne when Minton was the Head Coach. Fairmont won in 2004 by a score of 26-21. They also won in 2008, 9-0. Study up.
Ok my bad I don't remember every single game from the Minton years. Yes I was wrong then. Thanks for pointing that out. Didn't know you can win or lose in a high school class. Thought it was based on grades. But your right you proved me wrong. You got me.

18-3 under Minton. They also lost a 3-0 game. One of those losses Wayne had a ton of injuries and had no QB for the game. It was a strange game that was scoreless until the last minute of the game...... that was in 2000 and the last time Wayne lost in Kettering. Since 1987 Wayne has only lost twice to Fairmont in Kettering.

Tale of the tape:

QB : Wayne
Rushing: Fairmont
Receivers: Wayne
O-Line: Wayne

D-Line: Fairmont
LB's: Fairmont
Secondary: Wayne

Special Teams: Push
Coaching: Fairmont
Raw Athletic Talent: Wayne

Advantage Wayne 5-4-1

No reason why Wayne should win this game. They have seen Fairmont earlier and know what to expect. Don't make the mistakes in game 1 and they should cruise to a victory.....

Wayne needs to utilize the "FULL" arsenal of their offense and not rely on just 1 or 2 players. Do not throw the backward pass.....
Defense needs to stay honest and make the tackle. Keep YAC (contact) yards to a minimal. Stop the Birds on first down and get them out of sorts......

Best of luck to Fairmont tonight!!!!
Go Wayne!

Tale of the tape:

QB : Wayne
Rushing: Fairmont
Receivers: Wayne
O-Line: Wayne

D-Line: Fairmont
LB's: Fairmont
Secondary: Wayne

Special Teams: Push
Coaching: Fairmont
Raw Athletic Talent: Wayne

Advantage Wayne 5-4-1

No reason why Wayne should win this game. They have seen Fairmont earlier and know what to expect. Don't make the mistakes in game 1 and they should cruise to a victory.....

Wayne needs to utilize the "FULL" arsenal of their offense and not rely on just 1 or 2 players. Do not throw the backward pass.....
Defense needs to stay honest and make the tackle. Keep YAC (contact) yards to a minimal. Stop the Birds on first down and get them out of sorts......

Best of luck to Fairmont tonight!!!!
Go Wayne!
Wayne is not disciplined