First Set of Rankings for the 2022-23 Season

Any major changes weight or rankings wise to anticipate post- Super 32, Boro???
The only weight change from Super 32 was Trevor Wilcox going from 113 to 120. He was originally registered at 113, but ended up at 120.

Also, as DoubleBoots mentioned Ty Wilson was up at 152, but I was able to confirm before last night's update that 144 is still the plan.

Would be nice to see a Perrysburg vs. St. Ed dual - and good chance that happens in the state duals. Jotting down the rankings by weight - with St. Ed listed first: (2;4) (nr; 4) (3;1) (4;1) (4;15) (4;11) (4;5) (5;1) (10;9) (12;1) (3;2) (5; nr) (2; nr) (3; nr).

So Perrysburg has 4 ranked at #1, St. Ed has no top ranked, but has 11 of 14 in top 5 and only one unranked weight. P'burg has no one ranked at 190, 215, or 285. That makes the district decidedly in the favor of St. Eds, but also makes the state individual very close.

Hypothesizing only! - P'burg would have become a dual favorite if they could have brought in Libor from Sylvania (transferred to St. Francis) and picked up the 220 and 285 from St. Johns. There is no indication that was ever a possibility. It is just a "what if" scenario. [BTW - St. Johns to P'burg - is approx. 10 miles and St. Francis to P'burg approx. 15 miles]

Will make the team duals interesting (with Wadsworth and Brecksville added to the mix). Close, but P'burg will likely fall short of surpassing St.
Eds at state tourney for duals or individual, but could be expected to have more state champs. That will also be close.

St. Edward has a ranked wrestler at every weight. Boro has them 6th at 113.

St. Edward is higher ranked at 7 weight classes, and Perrysburg is higher ranked at 7 weight classes.

Bonus points would probably favor St. Edward, especially in the last three weights.

Will make the team duals interesting (with Wadsworth and Brecksville added to the mix). Close, but P'burg will likely fall short of surpassing St.
Eds at state tourney for duals or individual, but could be expected to have more state champs. That will also be close.
If St. Ed's is lucky enough to win another state title, they may do it without a state champ. The key to this team is the depth. Almost every weight is two deep. The dual will be interesting IF both team are healthy at that time. Right now Perrysburg is the slight favorite as of today.

Would be nice to see a Perrysburg vs. St. Ed dual - and good chance that happens in the state duals. Jotting down the rankings by weight - with St. Ed listed first: (2;4) (nr; 4) (3;1) (4;1) (4;15) (4;11) (4;5) (5;1) (10;9) (12;1) (3;2) (5; nr) (2; nr) (3; nr).

So Perrysburg has 4 ranked at #1, St. Ed has no top ranked, but has 11 of 14 in top 5 and only one unranked weight. P'burg has no one ranked at 190, 215, or 285. That makes the district decidedly in the favor of St. Eds, but also makes the state individual very close.

Hypothesizing only! - P'burg would have become a dual favorite if they could have brought in Libor from Sylvania (transferred to St. Francis) and picked up the 220 and 285 from St. Johns. There is no indication that was ever a possibility. It is just a "what if" scenario. [BTW - St. Johns to P'burg - is approx. 10 miles and St. Francis to P'burg approx. 15 miles]

Crazy depth for St Ed’s I have them winning both versions of the state championship again this year. Though Kilbane not coming out for his senior year of wrestling to focus on his football career wouldn’t be that surprising and would close the gap(no idea on the likelihood of this just saying I wouldn’t be surprised either way). For perspective their lowest rated wrestler, Tyrel Miller at 165, was a state quarterfinalist last year as a true frosh at 150 and AA’d in both styles at Fargo this summer.

Perrysburg was an awesome team last year and will be again this year. Most years they would be the state championship in both versions. Their best 8 or 9 weights are extremely good, where I wonder where they can hold up to St Ed’s is the 5 or 6 weights where they aren’t quite as proven. How many points can those 5 or 6 weights get them at State? Can they limit bonus in the dual vs St Ed’s?

Not too worried about St. Eds being de-throned but looking forward to the competition Perrysburg will bring and watching their crazy coach at the dual meet(s). I think each starter can place this year. Their highest ranked wrestler- Tyrel Miller actually went 1-2 at state last year, but the losses came to the 1st and 3rd place finishers. I think he's alot better than the #12 ranking he's currently at.

If St. Ed's is lucky enough to win another state title, they may do it without a state champ. The key to this team is the depth. Almost every weight is two deep. The dual will be interesting IF both team are healthy at that time. Right now Perrysburg is the slight favorite as of today.
Trying to make Perrysburg is an interesting take... I think everyone knows it's Eds title to lose. They have serious depth.