2022 GCYL Football

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kind of a let down game.

I noticed that RB wasn't playing Saturday, but I was also aware Cov Cath lost it's RB, FB, and OG this week as well. So both teams came in not at their best.

In saying that, I thought it was a competitive game between two well coached teams. It was a slugfest and Lourdes made a few big plays, while Cov Cath kept making errors.

As far as the hold at the end...I mean, maybe? The CC player had his hands outside, but he let go and the Lourdes player dragged him down. I think that's 50/50, and I don't blame the ref one way or the other.

I think this was a preview of the championship.

Were you there? The RB didn't play at all? I assume you're referring to the Vols since Lourdes hasn't had a team since 2018.

Because westsiders are the best at youth football, chili, and corn hole and when someone a little bit better comes around from another part of town (especially across the river) they don’t understand how it’s possible. Has to be because they cheat!
Nobody is threatened by your GCL wannabe school. You can’t even beat modern Highlands.

Would be interested to hear something about the varsity. Victory has a strong team when they are healthy, any word if their injured players will be back. Visi has been coming on strong after struggling early in the year and if someone can explain to me how Mike’s beat IHM that would be great. from what I understand Cov Cath got really lucky to play teams with injuries.

Would be interested to hear something about the varsity. Victory has a strong team when they are healthy, any word if their injured players will be back. Visi has been coming on strong after struggling early in the year and if someone can explain to me how Mike’s beat IHM that would be great. from what I understand Cov Cath got really lucky to play teams with injuries.

Not sure when/if the Victory kids will be back. I believe they were up to 4 starters out for last weeks game including their RB and QB.

It really is funny looking at the Varsity level because it appears anyone can beat anyone on any given week.
Visi lost to James and Victory
Cov Cath lost to Visi and IHM
IHM lost to Visi and Mikes
James lost to Mikes, IHM and Cov Cath
Victory lost to IHM, Cov Cath and James
Mikes lost to Victory, Visi, Cov Cath and SMOY

I think it's been stated more than a handful of times why people have a problem with it. They pulled a fast one by the league. They knew they what they were doing and that no one else in the league did it that way, but chose to do it anyways and now people are mad about it. You aren't going to change their mind about it and it appears no one is going to change your mind either.
Pulled a fast one how? Literally, no one else in the league is fielding 3 teams. 2 years ago, Cov Cath had a 5th and 6th like everyone else...4 years ago, they only had 1 team.

But let me go one step further...

If you want to argue that instead of having 3 teams (one being a combo/development team), Cov Cath should split into 4 teams (even 3rd/4th/5th/6th), that means another coaching staff. Coaches are volunteers that do not get paid. And not every dad is suited to coach football. Trust me.

It's a logistical issue that Cov Cath has to resolve, while trying to maintain a competitive team. You guys want to complain, but you're not the ones dealing with it. And at the end of the day, what does it matter? It's youth football. The whole point is to develop players for high school, or to teach life lessons that these kids don't get in a classroom or at home.

So yeah, I take it a bit personal when someone gets on here talking about Cov Cath getting kicked out of the league, or cheating the system by not weighing players, when all of that is nonsense. It discredits the hard work the players and coaches put in every week. If you want to be the best, beat the best. It's as simple as that.

I will bite even though I know you are just stirring the pot. Cov Cath is drawing from all over NKY. They have a top team of 4th and 6th grade players. Pony and Reserve levels have 16-20 kids dressing for the top teams so substitution is never a problem for them. They also have 2 other teams at those levels and they place those teams in the lowest of the 3 divisions. By Varsity they go to just 1 team and things tend to even out. Either leave the league or divide the teams up evenly. It's a major advantage at the younger levels with what Cov Cath is doing. There is a reason they do great at the younger levels and can never win at the high school level vs the Elder's and Xs of the world. The pony and reserve teams are a combined 14-0 because of how they are manipulating the process.

Not to mention the controversy they created by having the most dominant player of the Reserve team weigh in week 1 and never again. Thankfully Visi and Victory called them on it and the player didn't even show up to their game last week because he can't make weight.

If you have a special class like Jude reserve does that's one thing, but to do it the way Cov Cath is doing it is wrong.
Most dominant player's mom here, just couldn't let your lies about my son go without being defended. To correct you on your wrong information that you are spreading, my son weighs in every week before his games. Yes he missed weigh-ins the first week by 8 ounces (145.8) and sat out that game following the rules. Since then, he has weighed in under each week. There is documentation of this, so please ask the league to see it. If you knew what you were talking about, you would know that when a player weighs in it is signed off on. It's so kind of you to notice that he was not at the game a couple of weeks ago against Victory. I have no idea what you are implying about Visi and Victory calling us out on, because there is nothing to call us out on. We have done everything correct. He actually didn't even weigh in that morning. Although you claim he didn't play because he didn't make weigh-ins, he actually had the flu. Being the good mother I am, I kept him home, first off because he was sick and second off to protect all the other kids on the field, so they weren't infected. You welcome!! Just something a normal human being would do, but you wouldn't understand that. Please show me documentation that my son "can't make weight". It's sad that you adult men sit around and spread rumors and lies about a bunch of innocent 11 and 12 year old's that just want to play football. I seriously wish I had this much time on my hands!! Get a life! Go Colonels!!

Ok great, you addressed that rumor, now let’s answer Trey’s question. When is your son’s birthday? Has he been held back or repeated a grade in order to be a dominate 6th grade football player?

Lourdes, Jude....whatever. Yeah I was there.

The RB for "the Vols" wasn't playing. Cov Cath also did not have their RB, FB, or OG. It was two teams that were missing key players.
Well, there are three other parishes involved, one of which has way more players on the team than the one you IDed.

He didn't play, huh? Seems you're trolling, Trey.

If you want to argue that instead of having 3 teams (one being a combo/development team)

Three teams is not the issue. The issue is one of those teams being a collection of the very best older kids in a division. Nobody else does that. I'd actually rather have the league address that through rules changes than kicking the organization out of the league because getting a chance to play at CovCath is a great opportunity for kids around the area and I'm sure there aren't a lot of other places for CovCath to join a league.

And just to be clear since people with multiple screen names seem to not be great at reading comprehension, this is an adult issue rather than ragging on 11 year-olds.

Respect goes both ways. It would appear Cov Cath doesn't really respect the way the league is run and the other members of the league. I'll blame the league to a degree for allowing it to happen, but no other program splits their team the way Cov Cath does at the lower levels. The weigh-in issues seem to be all hearsay, but if any part of that is true then that's also disrespectful to the league and other member programs.
I think it's been stated more than a handful of times why people have a problem with it. They pulled a fast one by the league. They knew they what they were doing and that no one else in the league did it that way, but chose to do it anyways and now people are mad about it. You aren't going to change their mind about it and it appears no one is going to change your mind either.
Have you ever considered that maybe CC is trying to participate in a competitive league, and in doing so has to create multiple teams within an age group so kids can develop and play safe? Did it dawn on you that CC doesnt have a sinister agenda afoot, and that, perhaps, all of your accusations against their youth football program are actually coming from a place of insecurity? CYF is not twisting the rules, taking advantage of loopholes, or trying to cheat. In fact, they face a multitude of challenges that go unnoticed. How about some appreciation for exceptional talent and some comraderie for your neighbors? Go CYF - all of this criticism is a sad consequence of their success!

Ok great, you addressed that rumor, now let’s answer Trey’s question. When is your son’s birthday? Has he been held back or repeated a grade in order to be a dominate 6th grade football player?
What a complete joke of a post.

People rail on me for years for saying this is an issue, then when a team comes in and god forbid starts to have some success against what westsiders view as "their league", you actually start saying this is the reason for it.

This board is, and continues to be, a bunch of front-running, flip-flopping, excuse makers.

Last edited:
Did it dawn on you that CC doesnt have a sinister agenda afoot, and that, perhaps, all of your accusations against their youth football program are actually coming from a place of insecurity? Go CYF - all of this criticism is a sad consequence of their success!
Bingo - this is the truth right here. No one will admit it, but none of this is an issue if CC wasn't winning.

And for the record, I'm still here with my popcorn in the background. I'm enjoying exactly what I've said about this forum forever. Mob rules - dissenting opinions are ganged up upon, attacked, and tried to silence, especially when teams or others try to take what people think they are entitled to.

I was waiting for the first person to say all this was me. You never disappoint.

Grade school to high school - westside teams lose and the other team is cheating. It's amazing how often this comes up from the most insecure fanbase of all time - and with no reason to be.

It's the weirdest thing of all time. So entitled.

The EXACT same thing happened when some of the eastside schools started to see some success. They have always viewed the league as "their" league they are "letting" other teams play in.

You literally can't make it up.

People come in here and say, accurately, that some of the past westside teams dominated because they had "studs", who were in fact the oldest in their grade. Ridiculed to death for "calling out kids" and "having a beef with Visitation".

Then they go right ahead and literally use THE EXACT SAME excuse for an "outsider" dominating their league. The irony is thick - but it's exactly what I would expect. Wanting to check birth certificates and calling out grade school kids.

Hilarious! You people, time and time again, prove me right.

Last edited:
You literally can't make it up.

People come in here and say, accurately, that some of the past westside teams dominated because they had "studs", who were in fact the oldest in their grade. Ridiculed to death for "calling out kids" and "having a beef with Visitation".

Then they go right ahead and literally use THE EXACT SAME excuse for an "outsider" dominating their league. The irony is thick - but it's exactly what I would expect. Wanting to check birth certificates and calling out grade school kids.

Hilarious! You people, time and time again, prove me right.

You are putting words in people's mouths that haven't been spoken. You keep say "cheating" yet I don't think anyone in this thread said the word cheating.

On ages, there is a difference between a kid being one of the older kids for his grade and being too old for the league. One is not like the other.

The bottom line is that nobody cares if Cov Cath is in the league. They have not cheated per the rules. What I said from the beginning is that there will/should be rule changes because of how they put their teams together. If they don't follow those rule changes they will be asked to leave the league. Every team in the league would be more competitive if not beat Cov Cath if they also decided to keep an "A" team and split up the remaining players on lower division teams. Nobody else does that though so it's created an unfair advantage that CC has exposed.

Status
Not open for further replies.